• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. R

Days you’ve been on snow 2023-2024

Sunday was #58 at Afton Alps as they were the only local place open. It was pretty fun, skiing in a couple inches of falling snow at a place I never been to. Most areas closed for the season. But then we got a foot and a half of snow. Couple resorts are reopening for the weekend!
  2. R

Crazy coincidence

Wow that's crazy! Lucky
  3. R

Diva East @ Jay, Trip Report and Photos

I love the little hop at the end in the video and how it echoed when people giggled!
  4. R

Diva East @ Jay, Trip Report and Photos

The conditions look so good there and you all are having Fun. Midwest is finally getting a foot of snow this weekend maybe things will open back up.
  5. R

Do I need an intervention?

Nope. My house gets messy during ski season. Because who wants to clean when you'd rather go skiing?
  6. R

Indy Pass 24/25 on sale soon

My first season having one this year. I've only used it once so far. Im planning on getting more uses later this month when everything around me closes and I drive north to spirit mountain and hopefully Lutsen. I hope more resorts here join!
  7. R

Days 44/45 this past weekend. Beautiful springlike sunny days where you have to shed a layer of clothing midday. It's been some crazy warm weather here. It's got to be 60 today, then 60s again for the weekend.
  8. R

How many jacket and pant do you own?

I've made it habit to reach back and do a pull up check on my pants legs after putting on my skis. It feels funny and is a little embarrassing skiing to the lift with your pants stuck in your bindings.
  9. R

Day #40 Much better conditions and it was sunny all day. What a difference it makes when the sun is out and there's a few more degrees. There were still some icy spots but nowhere near as bad as yesterday.
  10. R

#39 at Wild Mountain today... It didn't matter what skis I had on , everywhere I went sucked. Basically survival skiing. Sugar on top of solid ice rink with a bit of man made snow in some areas. They made some snow last night. Be careful tomorrow @shadoj . The actual runs weren't too bad but be...
  11. R

Where is the best place to sell used gear?

Yeah they're a big burly ski! My first twin tips were 161 Jessie 88 , with the snake. They're way too short for me but we're good to start exploring freestyle with. I then ended up getting green Magnus 90s and wow those are STIFF. These don't get used much but I'll bring them out for the rare...
  12. R

Where is the best place to sell used gear?

What kind of ON3Ps?
  13. R

Congratulations on being official! I just got home from Day #37 at Trollhaugen. Spring slushy skiing. Upper 40s and sunny it was beautiful weather. I took extra days off work so I could ski before and after my Florida vacation. The snow better still be there when I get back! The crazy part...
  14. R

Day 33? I think? Last night. Mid 40s and We saw the Sun! I chose the wrong skis for the night- too soft and light. It was slushy and I randomly got hung up in the snow ski popped off and I faceplanted. Thankfully nothing hurt.
  15. R

Day #31 in the fog in upper 30s. It felt like spring skiing with random icy spots . There's been this gloomy foggy mist that's been hanging around for several days. Crazy thing it's supposed to warm up to mid 40s next week. Just in time for me to go to FL. The whole point of going there is to...
  16. R

I typed out a whole thing this morning and didn't hit the post reply button! Short version - Yesterday day #30 It was 3° too darn cold with velcro snow texture. But friends were in town and they expanded new terrain so I went. I used heated socks and boot gloves and made it 4 hours. It was at...
  17. R

How many skis to own?

The loaner skis are demo bindings so that's easy. The others all have Tyrolia attack bindings. Almost all the boots are 289mm it just worked out that way. The one pair that are 286 are my first real boots (beginner ones)and those go with the loaner skis that in the past I've taken out in the...
  18. R

How many skis to own?

I'm also about to be this way with boots too. I have 3 pairs with a new 4th pair on the way. I plan to sell a pair at the ski swap in the fall though. I've done this with other hobbies, rotate things buy and sell things. Ive sold 3 pairs of skis in the past
  19. R

How many skis to own?

5 pairs 3 active ones that regularly get used. One only gets used like once a year when we have deep snow, one that's too short that I keep for doing drills and for if my sister ever visits me those will be loaned to her.
  20. R

Cold feet

I skied in 9° F and brutal wind today for 4 hours! I never make it that long in those temperatures. Today was the first time trying out the socks. They worked. I had them on 2 and the batteries lasted probably 5.5 hours. ( I left them on when I went grocery shopping after skiing and during the...