• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. Christy

TOTAL ECLIPSE DAY SUGARLOAF & SADDLEBACK, MAINE

That's odd they aren't requiring reservations. The US just had a total eclipse in 2017 and it seems like everyone learned how to cope with it/take advantage of it. We have a vehicle reservation for a historic farm in SW Texas where we will hopefully see it (55% chance of sun there, and that's...
  2. Christy

Narrower longer skis for powder?

My favorite "powder skis" were my 88 BPs from 6 or 7 years ago that were too long for me otherwise (they were 166s). I did eventually sell those and get the 98 BPs from a few years ago. I would have hung on to them had I known that they would work better for me in deeper snow than my 98s (158...
  3. Christy

I won the Southwest "Solarbration" Sweepstakes!

But others have paid $$$$ for this, right? It's a special eclipse flight? Or is it a random flight between those 2 cities that happens to cross the path? We will be in TX for this.
  4. Christy

I won the Southwest "Solarbration" Sweepstakes!

Holy sh$$ that is amazing, start to finish. (The premonition!). I found an article about the flight: https://www.stlpr.org/health-science-environment/2024-02-22/still-need-eclipse-plans-you-can-see-it-from-the-sky-on-this-southwest-flight I don't fly SW either for similar reasons as you but for...
  5. Christy

Ski sickness / Hausler's

My husband does. He doesn't have an official diagnosis but he gets nauseous especially in poor light. This only started about 5 years ago (we are in our 50s). We live in WA state so don't ski at much elevation. He takes Less Drowsy Dramamine and that helps a lot. It's considerably worse in the...
  6. Christy

Skier dies at Taos Ski Valley

Yeah I think where a helmet is crucial is for the more mundane, if we want to call it that, falls. Like my husband's former boss who unbuckled his helmet to take a call when on the lift, didn't rebuckle, then got tangled up with someone else getting off the lift, and whacked his head on the ice...
  7. Christy

Photo of the day

I hadn't been to Stevens Pass since they went on Epic. I finally broke down and paid $136 (advance online) to go yesterday. I knew conditions would be wonderful and they were.
  8. Christy

Ski areas not on any multi passes

No worries--I didn't think there even were any other multi passes besides MCP, Ikon, Epic and Indy! Now I do.
  9. Christy

Thanks @elemmac ! Whitefish stands out to me in that list. It seems like it might be the only bonafide destination resort--the kind that's always winning Ski Magazine awards--on the list.
  10. Christy

Indy Pass 24/25 on sale soon

I know. I'm just impressed by how many areas are on the pass.
  11. Christy

Looking at the Indy Pass website and its huge variety made me wonder who the holdouts still are, that aren't on any multi pass. In my state I came up with 1.5. Mt Baker. I don't think there ever was a ski area that cared less about getting more customers. They still don't even have a webcam...
  12. Christy

Indy Pass 24/25 on sale soon

I've never really looked at this but just did and...whoa. White Pass and Mission Ridge and even little Loup Loup and...and this was the kicker...the Methow Trails nordic system? And a million other areas I'll never go to, but still. For $349? Really?
  13. Christy

Pass details and pricing 24/ 25- Ikon, Indy, Epic, MCP etc

@TiffAlt I hadn't even thought about that. What does a ticket even MEAN there? Nothing, apparently. Maybe the parking attendants will scan a QR code. If I prepay for parking in the Mariners garage, I show a QR code to get in.
  14. Christy

It seems like with parking reservations it should be manageable? I wonder if, while theoretically you have unlimited access, you aren't always going to be able to get a spot for your car.
  15. Christy

They responded to customer complaints of park outs by removing full access a couple years ago, and now have responded to customer complaints about the 7 day access by reinstating full access but requiring vehicle reservations Fri-Sun. They also are going to remove the parking fee if you book...
  16. Christy

Affordable ski towns

Wow, that looks really interesting. Thanks for posting. I imagine even if you aren't a low paid resort employee, you could still be affected by the factors that were talked about in the other thread about this--the transient nature of the population which makes it hard to have a stable...
  17. Christy

Epic resorts and snow condition reports

It's a real missed opportunity when conditions are great too, e.g.... But also, what area are closed for a U-12 race or freeride competition, what's going on in the lodge, what lift didn't start up this morning but might be fixed by noon, etc etc. There's a lot to know!
  18. Christy

Is skiing as expensive as we think?

It's the Aquasox! A Mariners affiliate.
  19. Christy

Is skiing as expensive as we think?

Wouldn't "value days" and a "value menu" be nice? Like MLB ballparks have, as a response to criticism that baseball games have gotten too expensive for families. So in Seattle anyway there are 30 games where a wide assortment of tickets are $10 or $20 (even on the 100 level) and there's a...
  20. Christy

Legs…so sore!

Powder days can be really tiring! And skiing many more hours than you usually do can be really tiring. But Missyski makes a good point as well.