• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. G

Best chance of good snow in mid December?

The only trip I can definitively plan for is the one in December, but it makes sense to me to get a multi pass because lift tickets are so high that once you're done with a week lifts for the rest of the season become "paid for" in a way by just breaking even on the pass. Especially if we end up...
  2. G

I agree with Jay for the northeast, they always have a ton of natural snow and it's far enough out that there aren't any crowds. It's just so freaking cold there... Originally I posted on here as more of a which multi pass to get brainstorming type of deal for a mid-December trip out west...
  3. G

I agree...that's some serious research! My mom and I LOVED Steamboat when we went this March, I'd go back there in a heartbeat and didn't even think of it because of the lower elevation I figured it wouldn't be cold enough for a lot of early snow.
  4. G

We ski blues and blacks with my parents and sister leaning more towards the front side while I like the more difficult steeps and back side type of stuff. Rolling groomers get old rather quickly for me...I really like a challenge. I took a lot more risks with trying new and unpredictable terrain...
  5. G

The 17-18 season is over for me, but with some of the new pass prices going up in less than a month I am trying to help figure out my family's trip plans for next season and the pass that will get us there (my parents and 2 adult kids). We usually do a 7-8 day trip just before Christmas to avoid...
  6. G

Help Needed: Need to find new ski pants

I do the same boot unbuckling after every run and I wear the Marmot Refuge... got them before this season and love them. They're out of most of the colors on their website but you can find them from REI, Moosejaw, etc. depending which color you like. I have the one called "waterfall" and its...
  7. G

Santa Ana 93's - which length to get?

Hi everyone! Thanks for all of your input - I went with the 169s by popular opinion. Just got them and can't wait to take them out next week for our last trip of the year!!
  8. G

The last pair of skis that were actually mine were an old pair of Atomic race skis...I’m not even sure how long they are. I skied at Blue Mountain in PA in college and haven’t used them since I started going to Colorado a few times a year about 2 years ago. Since then I’ve been skiing demos that...
  9. G

I've been a perennial reader of this site but am finally getting myself some new skis after a winter of demoing and wanted to ask some input. I was stuck between the Santa Ana 93s and the Kenjas but am 90% settled on Santa Anas because they were a little bouncier and easier to ski in softer snow...
  10. G

Bootfitters by Region -USA - Eastern, Central, Mid-Atlantic

I'm new on here but I want to second this recommendation for Mike! He seriously knows everything there is to know about boots and genuinely cares about getting you the best fit for your feet and skiing style. He put me in the vacuum fit Fischer RC4's with custom footbeds and I did some of the...