• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. E

Finding "the Flow" of Skiing

Vicki-I am one of the divas who has posted about losing my gusto for skiing. I realized I have been at it for ten years (I think?) based on my age. Started at 38 and am 48 now. The first several years I had a kid on a snowboard team and our weekend, holiday, Spring Break lives were on ski hills...
  2. E

Lost my skiing mojo?

Thank you ladies who responded! I will get the book. I did ski a couple weeks ago with my daughter at Breck and somehow we had some blue runs to ourselves in the morning so I focused on leaning forward and it is much easier. I also skied fast and felt confident on even steeper blues that I...
  3. E

Lost my skiing mojo?

I had this happen after a tune too. I demoed my skis and bought that pair. Loved them that day. The shop threw in a tune for me and the next trip out I couldn’t control my direction and they felt like they were trining themselves and I almost had to walk down a green run! A friend of mine...
  4. E

Lost my skiing mojo?

Newboots and liquidfeet, Thank you so much! Yes I am sure I have PTSD and am full of fear and terror skiing anything other than greens mostly. I feel better on blues if no one is around but that doesn’t happen often for me. I do let people pass A LOT. Takes me forever to do a run when it is...
  5. E

Lost my skiing mojo?

Oh can I relate to this! Both the losing my skiing mojo and the migraines! I have had many a ski day ruined by waking up with a migraine and not being able to go out at all! It makes me feel better that I am not only one dealing with either of these issues. As for the mojo-losing issue I am on...
  6. E

Advice on new skis

Thanks Ladies! I will add the Sheevas to my list. I have had the Atomics in mind for a while too. My husband used to have them when they were called the Theory and he talked me into demoing them but it was my first season and probably my sixth time out and they were way too long and wide for my...
  7. E

Advice on new skis

Hello Divas! So here's my situation. I have been skiing regularly for five/six seasons now I think. A couple years ago I topped out on progression on my beginner skis and after demoing the Volkl Kenjas I fell in love and bought them. Short story is I was much stronger, skiing more often and...
  8. E

Falling Behind?

Thank you ladies!!! I really appreciate all your kind words of encouragement and advice! It does make sense and I have been a few car accidents and yes after the bad one on the highway it took me years to feel comfortable passing a semi again (one ran me off the road). I forgot about that or...
  9. E

Falling Behind?

I just got new skis last year. They are an aggressive ski and they were helping me ski better last year. This year because I am being cautious they feel like too much ski for me some days.
  10. E

Falling Behind?

Thanks for the book suggestion. I will check that out!
  11. E

Falling Behind?

I was thinking a lesson at the start of next season will help too. Gonna do it!
  12. E

Falling Behind?

Hi Ladies! So as my season begins to wind down I have to say I think I regressed. A LOT!! My youngest now skis better than me. My DH is and likely will always bay way better than me. My oldest is a slopestyle snowboarder so of course no fear and mad skills. We kind of came to a place that the...
  13. E

Losing my MOJO

Thanks ladies! Hoping for a better weekend next weekend. At urgent care now seeing if my daughter’s collar bone is broken. By leaving early this morning we did beat traffic and the snow coming tonight that will likely make driving harder. Plus our oldest just got home from a week’s long trip...
  14. E

Losing my MOJO

If you move to Denver and are retired I advise skiing during the week. You will avoid lots of traffic and long lift lines. We don’t usually have fog on the mountain but sometimes can be snowing so hard you can’t see.
  15. E

Losing my MOJO

Thanks ladies! I am glad it is not just me! I want to want to ski every weekend but totally feeling like the drive on Friday night after work is a drag especially if it is snowing in the mountains. Always wrecks and road closures. Took my husband and oldest 7 hrs when it usually takes 3 one...
  16. E

Losing my MOJO

That is how I have been feeling - not worth the 3 hr drive.
  17. E

Losing my MOJO

Hi Ladies! Has anyone else had a season that wasn’t great and it killed your enthusiasm? This is my fifth season and up until this year I have always wanted to get out there early and go all day all the time. Weather conditions didn’t scare me. We are in the mountains every weekend but this year...
  18. E

Did I tear a ligament?

Yes insurance does cover PT. I will ask him about that next week. I also reminded myself I missed almost all of January last season too dealing with elderly parent issues and moving my dad into a memory care facility. I had skied a lot before that though as Dec was much snowier last year and I...
  19. E

Did I tear a ligament?

Update: Dr says no break. I realize there are some that don’t show up on X-ray and I am trying to avoid MRI since we have a $2500 deductible. Based on my symptoms and all the tugging and twisting he did to my legs he says my ACL and MCL are good but is certain I have a low grade tear to my...
  20. E

Did I tear a ligament?

I resisted temptation ladies! Will see Dr tomorrow and let ya’ll know what he says.