• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. L

Who's Bought Their Season Passes for '17/'18?

Those sound good, too, but I never demoed them. I demoed Sambas last year.
  2. L

Tofurkey

that is something vegans eat for vitamin B12. To me it tastes like fake cheese. It's usually sprinkled on dishes.
  3. L

2-3 hours is what my drive is if I'm not staying at the ski lease. I've done that drive for day trips for many years, but now that I'm a little older I'm less willing to do it unless conditions are great. And then that's usually when the roads are closed, etc. The plan is to use the passes...
  4. L

I got lonely sometimes when I was in Tahoe City by myself for 3 day stretches. I don't mind skiing alone, but I get lonely if I'm alone all day and then go home to an empty house.
  5. L

Haha. And I still want Sambas. Was hoping to get them at a reduced price, but the prices didn;t go down much and there don't seem to be many around.
  6. L

I usually wait for decent snow too, but once our ski lease starts (January 5), I'll ski whenever I can. I have a couple of mid-week days off every week, plus 3 day weekends, so sounds like we could meet up mid week.
  7. L

I feel kind of similar. I actually bought two passes: Squalpine (where I really like to ski) and Epic Tahoe pass (to use mostly at Northstar, where my boyfriend likes to ski). Last season I skied at Northstar enough that it would have been better if I'd had a pass. I hope this season is the...
  8. L

What's in your ski bag?

I keep my boot bag packed (I take things out to dry, then put them back in) with: boots, helmet, gloves, goggles, neck gaiter, ski pants. Skis, poles and ski jacket go in the back of the car. I usually drive up the day before I'm actually going to ski, so my overnight (or 2) bag contains enough...
  9. L

What are Divas reading?

I'm reading Finn, by Jon Clinch, @ski diva's husband. It's so good, and disturbing. Now I need to reread The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, since I read that as a freshman in high school.
  10. L

Sizing for Skis

Hi @courtski , I'm about your size and have the Head Great Joy in a 168. I ski in Tahoe. We had a big winter and the Great Joys were awesome in powder and chopped up powder. They go through crud really well too. I felt a little less secure on them on steep, hard packed snow (not ice, but the...
  11. L

A really important thread about... trucker hats?

My daughter has a Patagonia trucker hat that looks really good on her. I don't know if she has a small head, but she's quite petite and has a small face. I have a Pistil trucker hat, which I bought at Yosemite last summer when I went camping and forgot my hat. It looks ridiculously big and the...
  12. L

Buying new mtn bike

My new mountain bike has a 32T in front, and 11-42 in back. I love the simplicity of the 1x, but I do sometimes wish i had one lower gear. I'm thinking about switching to smaller ring in front. The good thing is, I'm more motivated to ride my road bike too, to build some climbing strength.
  13. L

Climbers?

Very cool! I never got to the point of doing multi-pitch, just top-roping. Would love to get back into climbing, but I'm just a little too busy.
  14. L

Climbers?

In my experience, it's pretty easy to meet other solo climbers at the gym. Most gyms also have a bouldering area you can work on without a partner (as you keep an eye out for other solo people). My local gym also has auto-belay devices on some wall, but I'm not sure how common those are. The...
  15. L

Climbers?

Those are some great prizes. Congrats!
  16. L

Help Needed: Ski pant advice from all our pant sluts!

Patagonia, sorry don't know model, but both of mine sit on my hips.
  17. L

Buying new mtn bike

I love the 1x gearing. My new bike has Shimano Deore 11-42 cassette, but the crankset is 32T. I might change it out for a 30T if I don't get into better climbing shape. It's a little nerve wracking on steep climbs with obstacles to not have a more comfortable gear. I don't care about the power...
  18. L

Biggest Surprises/Disappointments

My biggest disappointment came when my family moved from Switzerland to the Chicago area when I was 11 years old. I couldn't believe Villa Olivia when I first saw it. I came to appreciate the"bigger" Midwest ski areas after that. I haven't had any disappointments since moving to California. The...
  19. L

What are Divas reading?

I'm reading Mississippi Solo a Memoir by Eddy L. Harris. It's relaxed, nothing too profound, about a man canoeing down the Mississippi from Minnesota to New Orleans. I have Finn and I Love Dick (both mentioned on this thread) loaded on my Kobo, but I got tired of I Love Dick and borrowed a book...