• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. O

EPIC FOR EVERYONE Pass Launched

@contesstant must be a little happier. They are only offering 2 days at Snowbasin if you get the local pass.
  2. O

Unsolicited Feedback from Man on Chairlift. Grrr....

ALWAYS Talk Back, and NEVER Hang Your Head!
  3. O

Unsolicited Feedback from Man on Chairlift. Grrr....

This is actually what I was thinking! But you story does remind me of one of my favorite old phrases "speak to the hand" with the physical blocking motion to interupt unwanted communication. Yes its rude, but in this case........
  4. O

Ski sock recommendations...with one twist

It seems like the wide calf socks are just wide calf, not large socks. Search for wide calf socks.
  5. O

Ski sock recommendations...with one twist

It sounds like what you need are socks that actually fit you, not necessarily ski socks. I actually wear non ski compression socks. There are some ski specific details that can be nice in ski socks but if they don't fit then they're not OK. Amazon has socks with extra wide tops, and the...
  6. O

Can you overcome ski anxiety that isn't just physical, but social too?

It's not that they don't exist, they just don't matter. They are not people that you want to become like, so why ever hold yourself to their standards. Remember, they are who they are because of their value system. If you internalize that you are taking on their values. If someone in the KKK...
  7. O

Carrying on boot bag?

Carry on bootbag and put it in the overhead. I do pay for the early boarding to ensure there is space.
  8. O

Can you overcome ski anxiety that isn't just physical, but social too?

Wow, that sucks. There is no easy fix or a one and done that will change everything. IMHO, you'll never get where you want to be with respect to skiing until you learn to love and accept yourself. #### happens. Everyone is great at some things and sucks at others (my writing is horrific)...
  9. O

Snowboarder jokes---moderators, is this OK?

But now we have the last laugh. Orchestras are now desperate for Viola players. The opportunities are unreal. :rotf::rotf::rotf:
  10. O

Snowboarder jokes---moderators, is this OK?

Well, this was a surprising thread drift. As I am a Violist (and a black woman) I can maybe shed a little light. Traditionally the Viola part in any musical composition is a supporting part which requires less talent, and physical dexterity to play. There are no viola solos because the range...
  11. O

Digital Ski Coach

Yes, it can be shared physically. I don't know about the software. Functionally it's just a footbed with wires coming out of it similar to the wires on a hotronic heating element.
  12. O

Digital Ski Coach

I bought one but it takes up too much space in my boots. I wasn't going to use it for the on mountain feedback but instead to look at the data after a run and for the day. I was interested in seeing if it could be used in place of video.
  13. O

Ski boot conundrum—how much work can a boot fitter do to make it work?

I've had my boots worked on at least 6, maybe 8 times by a fabulous bootfitter. One of the things that makes them great are their willingness to talk to me. With that being said, I have no,doubt a good bootfitter can make those work. I'm just not sure you have a good,bootfitter.
  14. O

Never ending boot saga continues

Lots and lots. On another thread I've seen someone say a 3cm drop is too much but people whose feet are measuring 27 and who wear boots whose internal measurements are 25 are not squishing their feet. The boot is being lengthened in the area they need, but only in the area they need. My boot...
  15. O

Remember, when you drop down shell sizes the goal is not to be in a short shell, the goal is to take the smallest shell possible and make room for your foot by punching space only into areas you need space. So the boot is going to be too small to start and a good fitter will give you space in...
  16. O

Your bootfit saga sounds normal to me (because I also have been through boot hell). I feel like a bunch of trial and error is what it will take. The boot I'm in now scared me as well in the beginning, but ended up being the perfect fit. My numb feet from too big boots responded fairly quickly.
  17. O

Chaval gloves

Yes, I have the old Chaval gloves and the R glove has trouble charging and doesn't hold its charge as well as the left glove. When I talked with customer service (one month out of warranty) the trouble and cost and time to possibly repair them made me decide not to send them in for repair...
  18. O

The American-Airlines-Lost-My-Skis Blues.

uh, no! That's what sinks are for.
  19. O

Shiffrin gets it

This sounds good, but she's referring to her inclusion on a Hot 100 list from a men's magazine that is specifically about looks. She choose to turn it into a skiing thing by choosing the image that was presented but it's still a list that is about appearances.
  20. O

The American-Airlines-Lost-My-Skis Blues.

I've had way more success getting FF miles as compensation vs anything else. Most airlines are fairly generous with them as long as you call the customer care line directly. Don't expect the airport employees or the regular customer service reps to help, it's a different department and the...