• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. skibetty

Crested Butte and Colorado Front Range Costcos

If you're driving, might there be one on the way? Not sure if your route...surely they aren't only sold on the Front Range. Maybe you could make a few phone calls to Costco...maybe Grand Junction?
  2. skibetty

3 Colorado Resorts Close Because of TOO MUCH SNOW!

Did you see the pic at Tahoe with the chair lift? The snow was so deep the chair didn't have enough clearance to even operate the chair! Crazy!! So, glad they are getting the moisture this season!! Yes, they do, however there must be a bug because every time I clicked on the live cam within the...
  3. skibetty

@dancingspark Yes, I have both of those apps and will also check google maps. The thing I don't like about the CDOT app is that they seem to have a huge gap between real time and when they post. So they showed I70 clear well into the standstill. I think I had been sitting for a good hour before...
  4. skibetty

Question: Smith goggles - is Chromapop worth it?

I have not used the Chromapop lens but I have the Red Sol x-mirror for sunny days and the Blue Sensor Mirror for low light. When I purchased the goggles both lenses were included. I am happy with how the blue sensors perform. Much better than the rose ones that I had.
  5. skibetty

I was stuck in the fiasco yesterday afternoon! I really wish CDot would close I-70 at this time of the year as soon as they hear about an accident! I sat idle for over 2 hours between Silverthorne and the tunnel and then it was a slalom course when we finally started moving all the way up. Even...
  6. skibetty

Crazy!!! Who would ever have thought that a ski resort would have to close due to too much snow!! Keeping fingers crossed that I can make it up tomorrow!!
  7. skibetty

Question: Driving in Heavy Snow: What's your deal-breaker?

Wouldn't be the first time they ALL have been wrong!! They said there was supposed to be a lull today and then pick back up tomorrow into tomorrow night....hmmm
  8. skibetty

I'm supposed to be heading up tomorrow for Women's Wednesday at Copper! I'm not liking the reports that I am seeing! This might be my limit....don't know that it's worth risking it!! :scared:
  9. skibetty

"I can't go today" whine thread...

I'm headed up to Copper tomorrow, then BC the rest of the weekend! Hopefully the roads will be mostly clear tomorrow morning! I was going to go to the gym this morning.....:snow:
  10. skibetty

Banff - 2017

I've never been! Would love to be able to go sometime!!! Hubby just got a new knee....so maybe! :smile:
  11. skibetty

Banff - 2017

I'm picturing Randy, the younger brother in "A Christmas Story"! :brr: Wow! That's cold!!! I don't think I would even attempt!!! I would rather take a cat ride and view the scenery! Great pics! Beautiful! Hope it warms up for ya!!
  12. skibetty

One Death Reported in Ski Lift Accident

The automatic bar got me thinking....I was in Norway this summer and rode the chair at Lillehammer and if the bar wasn't down then the chair would just stop. I realize that it's more of a tourist attraction especially in the summer but it may not be a bad idea...
  13. skibetty

Help Needed: Minor knee injury/lack of pain?

I always think about the stretching that I should do while I'm on the lift! :nono: I should know better.... I must improve on that this year!!
  14. skibetty

I should have gone today but...... oh, I'm picking up new boots!! :smile: Hope to be on the mountain by Friday!!! Fingers crossed that it's less busy than last week!!
  15. skibetty

Help Needed: Black Pearl 159 v 166 length

I'm 5'6" around 150 and ski 166. I tried the 159's and felt they were too short for me. You have to go with what feels good for you!
  16. skibetty

One Death Reported in Ski Lift Accident

I think the more you use it the more you get used to it! It's there for your safety! So what if you get an eye roll or called a name...you have to think about yourself in certain situations and do what you're comfortable with! I don't even ask if they are ok with the bar, I just announce that...
  17. skibetty

Been there done that! Take it slow and know your limitations! I think I was 6 weeks post surgery before I was allowed back on the sticks! Did a fair amount of walking but you really must listen to your body! I had a partial and could really tell when I had over done it. Hang in there, before you...
  18. skibetty

Help Needed: Minor knee injury/lack of pain?

Yes, better to have it checked! Not to alarm you but worth mentioning, a torn meniscus can be painful but then it will 'flip' back to where it's supposed to be and feel fine again. Happened to my husband and he was told that he probably just pulled his hamstring. Turns out that he did tear the...
  19. skibetty

Yep....that is what the 3 2 1 is next to the D....it surprises me how many people don't know what those are for!