• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. Powgirl

Checking in...

Thank you all so much for the good thoughts... Yes, @newboots , I, too, live for gardening and skiing at this stage of my life. I have my own gardening business and of course wondering how that will go this year. I have my doubts that I can put in 6 hour days, 6 days a week. I do have a...
  2. Powgirl

Checking in...

I sure hope so! The doc is going to try some injections first (March 2)...my back is a bit junked up with arthritis and an old fracture on L4 as well...I am supposed to start back with my gardening season soon, too...I feel so up in the air right now. Its challenging for me to go from being...
  3. Powgirl

Checking in...

Hello Divas! I haven't been on the forums much. I've been diagnosed with spinal stenosis and have not been able to ski...or do much of anything. Awaiting treatment, which I'm hoping will get me back on the hill at some point...I sure do miss it...I only skied 4x last year, thankfully all in nice...
  4. Powgirl

Gardening

I own a gardening biz...and its been the most insane year I've ever had!!
  5. Powgirl

Hemp Oil and other CBD/THC/Marijuana Products

It has really helped mine...I am using 200 mg and apply 2x a day.
  6. Powgirl

Our SkiSailor

My heart dropped reading this news...I never met her, but she gave me so many ah-ha moments when sharing her knowledge on this forum...I remember thinking how incredibly brave she was to ski the Couloir...I had no idea about the depth of her courage with her biggest battle. I will greatly miss...
  7. Powgirl

Frustrated: upper/lower body separation

@BMR ...I was having some of the same struggles...whenever I would try to stay facing downhill, I would feel my weight shift to my heels (not good). I follow Deb Armstrong on YT...she is a former Olympian and now instructor in Steamboat...in one of her videos, she suggested keeping your belly...
  8. Powgirl

For those who started skiing later in life.....

Thank you, @newboots Maybe this is the big takeaway...the challenge of it all for us late bloomers...maybe it gives us an unrivaled confidence...a different perspective of what we know to be our aging bodies...that perhaps we are indeed strong and spirited! Just to clarify...skiing did not...
  9. Powgirl

Thank you, @Mistletoes
  10. Powgirl

1) What made you start skiing? At what age? I started skiing at age 52. I had previously skied a handful of times, but never made it out of a wedge and it had been many years since my last trip. I started REALLY skiing during my darkest hour...my 16 year old son had just passed away, due to a...
  11. Powgirl

Colorado trip on Ikon

I've skied all three resorts a lot...if you are looking for hero snow (fluffy, champagne that forgives all errors) and a great town, then Steamboat is the ticket...I love the west side, Sunshine Peak...it's just fun and not as icy and crowded...Copper is my home mountain as we have a condo in...
  12. Powgirl

Dealing with osteopenia, ways to increase bone density

A quick update... Skied Copper last week, and I fell again...same way...hit the back of my head and back. Thankfully, not as hard and I was wearing a light back brace for protection, but hit hard enough to feel a bit discouraged...I felt like my new skis were perhaps too much for me... This...
  13. Powgirl

Curing the backseat blues

Sorry for the dup...
  14. Powgirl

Thank you for this, @Skisailor ...I am ready to ski 4 days in a row, the most since my accident...I keep replaying why I fell so fast, so hard and straight back...my posture has been suffering lately, probably due to my gardening work...I was hearing that I needed to stand up more as I was a bit...
  15. Powgirl

Thank you for this, @Skisailor ...I am ready to ski 4 days in a row, the most since my accident...I keep replaying why I fell so fast, so hard and straight back...my posture has been suffering lately, probably due to my gardening work...I was hearing that I needed to stand up more as I was a bit...
  16. Powgirl

Lost my skiing mojo?

Same here...Tylenol has no effect on me...I am fortunate with the Imitrex as I know it doesn't work for everyone...those migraines are so exhausting...take good care of yourself!!
  17. Powgirl

Lost my skiing mojo?

My biggest migraine trigger is dehydration...Imitrex is a life saver...