• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. L

Jackson Hole's latest move (hint: not smart)

Why would anyone not experiencing symptoms go take a test when there's no requirement to do so?
  2. L

Jackson Hole's latest move (hint: not smart)

Do they test their unvaccinated staff weekly? And if they do, do they require them to not come to the mountain if they test positive? (but if they don't require a test, obviously no one would test positive ) I wouldn't go inside any businesses that don't require their staff have a mask. I...
  3. L

Vail: How it's changed skiing and where it might be going.

Could have been written by Vail's marketing department. One thing the article didn't give Vail credit on: increase the day ticket price to almost 1/2 of a season pass price! That makes it a no-brainer to buy season pass, which needs to be done in advance. It's important. No matter how bad...
  4. L

Cross country pole straps

That’s the kind I’m talking about. Once correctly strapped in, it’s not easy to get your hands out of the strap. (So much so they even engineered a quick release to separate the strap from the pole!) But certainly not quick enough to drop the pole in a fall
  5. L

Cross country pole straps

Seeing there’re many experienced xc skiers and instructors, I have a question regarding those fancy pole straps. In downhill skiing, especially in trees, we’ve been advised to NOT use pole straps. Or for some of us at least, keep the pole straps loose enough we can get rid of the poles in a...
  6. L

The skate ski thread

Sorry. I’m long passed the stage of “working” to improve my skiing when not on snow. Skiing is now a recreation (well, always been only a recreation) for me. I’ll do drills on snow if the condition isn’t great for going the distance. I would even take a lesson from time to time. But dry land...
  7. L

The skate ski thread

Interestingly, I noticed while downhill skiers are very free with their “tips”, and with reasonable chance of success (say 50% on spot?). Cross country skiers rarely do, and those random “tips” tend not to have much effect (10-20% success?). I suspect it’s because downhill skiing movements are...
  8. L

The skate ski thread

Totally agree. My experience, “tips” only work if I am already doing it some of the time. The tip may then be helpful in making it happen more consistently. Otherwise, it just goes right over my head. That too. Skiing is all about balancing on a 40mm plank. All the talk about technique can...
  9. L

Choosing nordic skis

Yes, there’re combi skis that can be used for skate and classic. you just need to use kick wax in the kick zone for classic. My ski buddy has a pair like that. I personally would find the need to wax annoying. Combi boots, on the other hand, are the best thing since sliced bread! Good lateral...
  10. L

Skiing less in covid times? What is replacing your skiing?

I’ve been lucky there’s good condition to cross country ski some of the time. But I plan to get out my snowshoe if condition are not good for xc skiing. There’re some trails here that are kind of rough to hike, but just perfect once the snow fills in and smooth out the surface.
  11. L

Epic Ski Pass Refunds

Simple. If they don’t offer a significant credit for next season, a good percentage of this year’s pass holder will not renew. The operation of several of the Vail mountains in the northeast are pretty terrible. AND it had nothing to do with Covid, like not making snow or not running lifts...
  12. L

Epic Ski Pass Refunds

In effect, Vail is forcing people to break the law, or else lose their pass money.
  13. L

Epic Ski Pass Refunds

Except Okemo had all the availability, early December or later. So “Rob” would not have qualified for a refund. He’s trapped. Further, I can testify a Vail “customer representative TOLD ME (on the phone) that travel ban DOES qualify! Her words were “it’s the same spirit, that you can’t use the...
  14. L

Epic Ski Pass Refunds

No. That’s incorrect. Vail never offered a refund in early December. The one and only time Vail offered an unconditional refund was in mid-September, when the reservation system was announced. But at that time Vermont did not has a blanket travel restriction as it does now. So no, “Rob”...
  15. L

Skiing in the Pandemic

Where can one find the detailed outbreak information for Colorado? Friend of mine is working in the mountains. She would love to get that kind of information.
  16. L

Skiing in the Pandemic

You still ski with your “buddy”?
  17. L

Skiing in the Pandemic

So it clearly isn’t a coincidence then.
  18. L

Skiing in the Pandemic

Lucky you. Quite a few of the Vail owned mountains in the Northeast had left their web cam “offline” since the beginning of the season (Hunter, Mount Snow, Stowe)
  19. L

What you need to know about skiing at a Vail Resorts this season

Really? Which northeast Vail property has been opened for 3 weeks or more? Stowe?
  20. L

What happens if you forget to cancel your reservations?

2 consecutive weeks or ANY 2 weeks?