• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. alison wong

Banff vs Lake Louise for beginners?

I went to Banff when i was an advanced beginner / low intermediate skier. I enjoyed Sunshine village (SSV) more than lake Louise (LL). For SSV, i feel I can ski more places without feeling overwhelmed/overterrained. I did their free mountain tour, they have groups for light blue (advanced...
  2. alison wong

Heavenly March 12-19

Will text you. Reservation for 3 at Tamarack lodge today 1pm. Same as yesterday.
  3. alison wong

Heavenly March 12-19

Heavenly is very heavenly. Back to Heavenly today. Met up with @santacruz skier around mid-day, we had lunch at Tamarack lodge and spent the remaining day skied some trees and bumps. I would not venture out these tree runs if just me and my nephew. We are too cautious and not familiar with...
  4. alison wong

Multi-resort passes for 2022-23: Ikon, Epic, Indy etc.

Not likely to go w/ Epic pass next year. Reason, I don't use enough days at my local Epic pass locations in PA (Liberty, Whitetail, Roundtop) to justify the purchase. Local Epic mtns are very crowded in weekends, I ski defensively and lost my forms when it is crowded. It is just not fun and...
  5. alison wong

Heavenly March 12-19

My nephew was at Northstar today. He said Tahoe cement is a real thing. Snow conditions were not so good, very slushy and heavy sticky snow. He's looking forward to heavenly on Thursday.
  6. alison wong

Soelden (+ Oetz Valley) Tyrol, Austria - February 19 - March 5, 2022

How did you find the Taos ski week club trip with D.C. ski club? Asking because I am thinking of going with this club next year for Taos.
  7. alison wong

Heavenly March 12-19

Views from Heavenly is truly stunning. There are several spots in different parts of the mountain offer this impressive view. For comparison, it has better scenery than Banff (SSV and LL) in my opinion. It is neat that I can ski across state lines between Nevada and California. I skied 3...
  8. alison wong

Heavenly March 12-19

@santacruz skier , I just pm you .
  9. alison wong

Help Needed: Lodging recommendation: Lake Tahoe Epic resorts

We are in Tahoe now. Arrived Tuesday, Wednesday was our 1st day of skiing. We visited Northstar. Today we skied Mount rose ladies clinics Thursday special $69 per lift ticket. Tomorrow we are heading to heavenly. My nephew arrives Friday night and he will ski with my friends on Sat. (I have to...
  10. alison wong

Instructor reccos at Alta

No group lesson offered this season at Alta. Private lesson only.
  11. alison wong

Women's Summit Stowe: Feb 27-March 1, 2022

Unfortunately, no.
  12. alison wong

Women's Summit Stowe: Feb 27-March 1, 2022

Sharing this from my ski instructor: This year, PSIA’s women’s summit is open to friends, not just PSIA members. Event will be held: Feb 27-March 1. Link below: https://www.psia-e.org/ev/feature-events/womens-summit/ Per one of the ski instructors at my home mtn.: "It’s an amazing...
  13. alison wong

Beaver Creek, CO Jan 16-18

Pines Lodge according to the post #1.
  14. alison wong

Sun Valley

Cat tracks are actually wider than most cat tracks I've skied. They are also not moguly at the end of the day. I am satisfied. Plus I need to take it easy because I think I sprained my right knee in SLC. I still have 2 more trips to go this season....
  15. alison wong

Sun Valley

1st day of skiing at Sun Valley today. Arrived Saturday night (Jan 8th). Rested Sunday, we went to church, had brunch at Konditorei (it was wonderful), visited Sun Valley Lodge, ice skating rink, then went to river run base to check out logistics stuff (skis storage, boot up place, bathroom...
  16. alison wong

What to do in Montreal?

24 hours if driving? Last time I checked (after Thanksgiving), it is 24 hours if flying, 72 hours if driving. Perhaps the rules are changed again due to Omicron. That's why we decided to cancel our WB trip coming season, too many variables and uncertainties. We decided to go to Tahoe...
  17. alison wong

What to do in Montreal?

I drove to Canada on Dec 4th (Sat), crossing border at Niagara Falls Rainbow Bridge. Returned to the U.S. on Dec. 6th (Monday). I had COVID test done on Dec 2nd (Thurs) afternoon, within 72 hours of travel date. Test was resulted in 24 hours on Dec 3rd (Friday). At Canadian border, I asked...
  18. alison wong

What to do in Montreal?

1. St. Viateur Bagel on Ave. Mount Royal - I always go to this location when I visit Montreal, it is not a flagship store but location is easily accessible via metro. 2. China town - nothing special about this Montreal China town but just my thing to go. Whenever I visit a city has China...
  19. alison wong

Tree skiing - if it is like tree skiing off Southern Comfort chair (Congo run) at Big Sky, then I don't mind checking out. If tree skiing is like the ones at Taos, then I will say no..... Truckee is only 15-20 mins. drive to N*, I just google mapped it. It is super close. I don't think I...
  20. alison wong

That will be good if I end up staying until March 20th. I may have to work March 13th - 16th, take rest of that week off (March 17th, 18th) to ski. I will reach out to you as my travel date gets closer. I have never been to Tahoe. Honestly, I have been avoiding it because of the cement...