• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. Lmk92

Mid-Atlantic/Southeast skiing (PA, NJ, DC, MD, VA, WV, NC, TN) for 2023-24

Greek Peak has announced they are making snow. ETA: Meanwhile, Belleayre still has 51 open trails
  2. Lmk92

Diva East @ Jay, Trip Report and Photos

Ah, my FOMO is realized. So glad you're all having a great time!
  3. Lmk92

DPS Phantom base treatment, how to avoid waxing recreational skis - Notes 2020

If I had someone closeby, or even an rei, I'd have it done. It's really not an option for me, so I'll do it myself. These past few days would have been the perfect time to do it, too.
  4. Lmk92

Mid-Atlantic/Southeast skiing (PA, NJ, DC, MD, VA, WV, NC, TN) for 2023-24

I was looking at the forecasts for next week, thinking, dang, skiing isn't over for the season, only to see Elk's last day is Saturday. :(
  5. Lmk92

Do I need an intervention?

Girl, I put off THREE SURGERIES until after ski season. And one involved vision. You're asking the wrong crew.
  6. Lmk92

Skier dies at Taos Ski Valley

I wondered that as well. I've never been there, but, looking at the map, it seemed like she must have been going very fast when she lost control and suffered such trauma. Poor kid.
  7. Lmk92

Going Stockli: Can't decide Montero AS, AW vs Nela 80?

I think this is a good idea. It certainly can't hurt to check, right?
  8. Lmk92

Advice for skiing at Park City?

Now it's moved to the top of my bucket list
  9. Lmk92

Europe vs North America

"Our team just had the privilege of spending three-and-a-half weeks across six major ski areas in the French and Swiss Alps..." How do you join THAT team? :)
  10. Lmk92

Advice for skiing at Park City?

Now I want to go to PC, not only for the skiing, but also for the ramen. :)
  11. Lmk92

Well, let's be honest - I'm rarely on double black terrain, lol. But I do think it was a combination of snow on the boot and maybe some ice in the binding. It was just strange that after many seasons of skiing, this is the first year this has been an issue for me. Likely a coincidence that it's...
  12. Lmk92

When I first started skiing (late 80's?), helmets were rare. When I skied again, this time with my kids (late 2000's), helmets were a given. When we rented, they were just part of the gear. I can't imagine a resort renting gear to a beginner and not insisting on a helmet. My kids tried going...
  13. Lmk92

Poor thing, she must have been out of control, and unable to slow herself.
  14. Lmk92

Not really. Size 8 shoe. I have never had an issue with other bindings.
  15. Lmk92

This is heart breaking. I can't even begin to imagine what this family is going through.
  16. Lmk92

One little nitpick I have centers on the binding. Three times I have had a bit of snow/ice in there and was unable to get clicked in properly. One time I thought I had broken the binding, so I finished a glade in one ski. Twice just this past weekend, I thought I was in, but apparently I was...
  17. Lmk92

Indy Pass 24/25 on sale soon

Plus a discount for a third day and sometimes a discount for lodging. (I keep forgetting the lodging discount!)
  18. Lmk92

And they are guaranteeing 200+ resorts this year. It's always exciting to see the new announcements. Also, if your favorite resort drops out, and you no longer want the Indy Pass, you can get a refund. I didn't use mine as much this year as I did the past two years, but it's still a great deal.
  19. Lmk92

Definitely on my bucket list! I bought a ski lock for the first time, just to keep my anxiety at bay after spending so much on my Slocklis.
  20. Lmk92

Same for me. My son was on the waitlist, but I never got a notification to buy his pass. :(