• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. Bluestsky

Do you plan to renew your Epic pass?

I switch between Ikon and Epic (both local) every two years. After experiencing insane crowds -skiing midweek - at Breck during 2020/21 season I've had enough and for 2021/22 bought Ikon and Epic Keystone. Then, as you may know, Vail Resorts issued the Covid mandate and disallowed the...
  2. Bluestsky

Ski tune advice, pls

After recent mishaps with shop tunes I’ve finally decided to tune by myself.…nervous and excited! Have gone over posts here plus tons of videos. I'd like to start with maintaining my edges. I have 1deg base and 2 deg side that I don't intend to change. Already ordered Swix vices and red gummi...
  3. Bluestsky

Heat Fischer-Full Vacuum boots?

After a season of painful skiing in Lange (in spite of all the work) the "snug handshake" fit sounds heavenly :-)
  4. Bluestsky

They'd been punched three times. I'm going away from them, so won't fret about that anymore :-) Thanks for your input.
  5. Bluestsky

One more...I read somewhere that a boot heating bag should be used with caution (only low setting) with Fischer boots as too high temp may deform the shape??
  6. Bluestsky

Thanks for sharing your experience. I'm so glad you like them now. As you know it's a frustrating process to get a well fitted boots. My feet are 92 last (unweighted) and 95 (weighted). My current boots Lange RX W LV 110 are 265 mondo and 97 last, but unfortunatelly no matter the punching...
  7. Bluestsky

Ha! I'm coming from a non-moldeable boot where the liners have so many volume reducing "patches" they look seriously wounded. The traditional shell punch method to make room for the forefoot has helped, but not eliminated the discomfort. Did you actually have Fischer vacuum boots?
  8. Bluestsky

I'd like some advice from those who've experience with those pls. Looking at Fischer-RC4 My Curve 110 Full Vacuum. My feet are low-volume, skinny heel, low instep, and wider forefoot, so I need to have some adjustment to make room for the forefoot and possibly eliminate the volume elsewhere. I...
  9. Bluestsky

Ikon Options for 2020/2021

Got it. Seems like a number of people have been hedging the risk of another closure.
  10. Bluestsky

Ikon Options for 2020/2021

@skibum4ever $117 for 2 passes?? I see $389 for Keystone Plus on Epic site.
  11. Bluestsky

Staying Fit in a Covid-19 World: Best Fitness Apps

Somebody might've mentioned it already....downdog yoga. Just downloaded it "Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, many people are avoiding gathering in large groups, including at yoga studios and other fitness spaces. We believe that stressful times like these are precisely when people need wellness...
  12. Bluestsky

Is coronavirus changing your ski plans?

As much as I’d miss the worry free skiing, now I’m waiting for spring with higher temps that will hopefully help with eradicating the virus. Got depressed with the barrage of news, looked out the window and captured the peaceful scene. Hope it’ll bring you a moment of relief too. Waiting for Spring
  13. Bluestsky

Got impatient by the long holds at my library. I’ve been a happy user of LibriVox, the public domain audiobooks. The readers are hit or miss, but Mil Nicholson is awesome. She brings all characters to life. My current one read by her is Dicken’s ‘Our Mutual Friend’...delightful. LibriVox
  14. Bluestsky

Coronavirus is mutating... Natl. Science Review article published, 3/03 https://academic.oup.com/nsr/advance-article/doi/10.1093/nsr/nwaa036/5775463?searchresult=1
  15. Bluestsky

My hands are getting raw from frequent and thorough washing, but I saw folks at Winter Park lodge today at restrooms and dining areas at their usual unconcerned behavior, so just be careful!
  16. Bluestsky

Was skiing Winter Park today. More people than usual, lots of small kids. Wanted to thank all for a great job providing current info from your areas.
  17. Bluestsky

Renoun Earhart ski

In spite of the full refund guarantee I'd feel awkward doing this, so yeah the demo would be nice.
  18. Bluestsky

Renoun Earhart ski

So, I need to make a decision between the Yumis that I really liked when demoing last week or Earharts, hmm.
  19. Bluestsky

Cameras when skiing

Great info/advice here. Love your bird shots @altagirl @MissySki You’re embarking on time consuming, expensive and exciting project! I used to take stills for many years then 4 years ago turned to videos. My husband has the Nikon D7000 DSLR that I sometimes borrow. The pocket camera that I...
  20. Bluestsky

Looking to buy, thought Santa Ana 88 was it but....

We've derailed the thread...back to OP :smile: