• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. Jersey Fresh

Black Crows Captis vs Camox Birdie

They are white with teal stripes like this...
  2. Jersey Fresh

@WaterGirl I think my Sambas are around 2014/2015? Maybe? I ski those in a 166 and the Cheyennes in a 162. I demoed the Black Pearls around the same time and HATED them but I wonder now if was a binding or tuning issues because I loved the Sambas and Cheyennes so much I went out and bought...
  3. Jersey Fresh

Hi ladies I haven't posted much this season but I hope everyone is surviving quarantine. Our ski season got cut dramatically short this year (I had a total of one 1/2 day this season) like many but there is always next year :) Anyway, I'm looking for some advice for a new ski for next season...
  4. Jersey Fresh

Question about binding adjustments when buying used skis

Forgive my ignorance. I have only purchased new flat skis as an adult and my dad did all of my tuning/adjusting when I was a kid. I'm looking at (stalking) a pair of used skis online. Currently they have Marker Squire bindings set for a BSL of 266. My current boots are a 285. If I purchased...
  5. Jersey Fresh

Mid-Atlantic/SE skiing (PA, NJ, DC, MD, VA, WV, NC) for 2019-20

@marzNC I wish, but we have family coming in this week. I'm hoping to do a trip in Jan and one in Feb. Gone are the days of going every other weekend from open to close. :cry:
  6. Jersey Fresh

Best kid friendly resorts on the Ikon pass?

This is awesome, ladies! I *think* we are leaning towards Aspen or going back to SS. One of my long time kid less ski buddies came by last night and I bounced both ideas off him and he, as I expected, was open to anywhere. So ill do a bit of leg work to see where we can find the best flights...
  7. Jersey Fresh

@marzNC Steamboat was my thought too but I would really love to go somewhere new (plus one of the dads is going on his guys trip there now, and while hed be happy to go back, i wanted to see if there were other options. JH was a thought because of the town since we will have non skiers with us...
  8. Jersey Fresh

Hey ladies, I don't think I posted here the last couple of seasons much and man has my life changed (for the better) but I need help from the more seasoned ski moms out there. I am usually in charge of planning a yearly ski trip with my group of friends. In the past we've gone to Breck...
  9. Jersey Fresh

Mid-Atlantic/SE skiing (PA, NJ, DC, MD, VA, WV, NC) for 2019-20

Any idea what Snowshoe plans to open? Usually they name a bunch of trails that are really just one long trail together and its a mess....
  10. Jersey Fresh

Big sky Bootfitter?

I checked the bootfitter by region post but didnt see a rec for Big Sky. Any suggestions? Not essential-my season is over after tomorrow so I can wait until next year but thought I would just ask.
  11. Jersey Fresh

Any tips for Steamboat?

Thanks everyone! We're back and had a great trip! SS wasn't on my radar for "must ski" places but with the 3 for $150 passes and the rep it has for family friendliness, we decided to go on a whim. We had a great trip and I would go back with the kids again in a heartbeat. It wasn't the most...
  12. Jersey Fresh

Any tips for Steamboat?

Thanks everyone! I dont know how much we'll go out versus making dinner at home. My guess would be once over the week? Ill be sure to make reservations. Do you need reservations even during the week? @Kimmyt thanks for the tip on the gondola! T would LOVE that. We're staying in Bronze Tree...
  13. Jersey Fresh

Any tips for Steamboat?

Hey everyone. I've been a bit MIA for the last season (I think I've poked my head in once or twice this season). Anyway, we are heading to Steamboat on Sunday with some friends and two 1 year old boys. I'd love some recommendations for restaurants, bars, and non-ski things to do. We wont have...
  14. Jersey Fresh

Mid-Atlantic/SE skiing (PA, NJ, DC, MD, VA, WV, NC) for 2018-19

Sticking my head back in here after a maternity leave for the 2017-2018. Headed to snowshoe this weekend with the baby in tow and I CANNOT WAIT. Its been too long. Fingers crossed I fit into my ski pants :smile:
  15. Jersey Fresh

Mid-Atlantic/SE skiing (PA, NJ, DC, MD, VA, WV, NC) for 2017-18

Just jumping in here to say hello! I've had to live vicariously through everyone this winter as we have a little surprise joining us in a few days :wink: So needless to say, I have sat out this ski season so no trips to Snowshoe (so weird to be home every weekend all winter!) but I am both...
  16. Jersey Fresh

Just booked a trip to Banff!

OK sorry for the delay! We had a blast. Trying to get out there was a nightmare and I am still mad at delta but thats another story. We got into Calgary late and stayed by the airport. Got up early and drove up to Banff. We skied Sunshine the first day, Lake the second. Skipped Saturday and...
  17. Jersey Fresh

Mid-Atlantic/SE skiing (PA, NJ, DC, MD, VA, WV, NC) for 2016-17

@va_deb the downside to the pass is it makes the mountain dangerously crowded mid season weekends. Dec/March are ok, as are weekdays.
  18. Jersey Fresh

Help Needed: Air travel tips

Sigh. It was official ski trip corkscrew and it would have gone in my checked bags but our travel was a mess and we ended up rebooked on united and had to pay for our bags (which is crappy bc we were booked on delta) so we carried two on. one of which had my beloved corkscrew in it....
  19. Jersey Fresh

Just booked a trip to Banff!

Ill post a more thorough update with pics later, but we are back and had an AWESOME time! Fresh powder the first two days, then sunny and gorgeous the rest of the trip. The flights out were hell, and I am still pissed at Delta but the trip home was smooth. We did 2 days at Sunshine and 3 at...
  20. Jersey Fresh

Help Needed: Air travel tips

Take your corkscrew out of your boot bag if you carry them on (ask me how I know) :)