• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. santacruz skier

Pass details and pricing 24/ 25- Ikon, Indy, Epic, MCP etc

This season was the first time I bought Epic and Ikon. Used Ikon at Alpine and Palisades 7 days plus Steamboat Diva West and leaving for Tahoe tomorrow to ski Palisades and Heavenly and then driving to Mammoth . This is a week long CA Divas trip! So both passes were worth it this year for in...
  2. santacruz skier

Pass details and pricing 24/ 25- Ikon, Indy, Epic, MCP etc

Yep I got my Tahoe local pass today w 2 buddy passes. I haven’t used buddy passes in a while but you never know. Also bought Ikon base and was told over the phone I can upgrade at no additional cost (other than the difference) as long as before Dec 14. That way I can take my time deciding...
  3. santacruz skier

Useful Life - Skis

These are a good deal. Too bad the don’t have 152 https://www.evo.com/skis/volkl-blaze-86-womens?image=241633/1015382/clone.jpg&gad_source=1&gbraid=0AAAAADfr30lB5tnIniVqAWJi9SB-sIpgc&gclid=CjwKCAjwoPOwBhAeEiwAJuXRh-0g2c9CemnHdKONz6dINamEZDsMhBmqj7nGAxCXXe-7dKD7QjezJxoCohYQAv
  4. santacruz skier

Hybrid, EV, or PHEV for a ski car?

Test drove the 2022 but purchased an x-1
  5. santacruz skier

Random Observations about Binding Delta/Angle

Will the BP 94 replace your Sheeva 9’s?
  6. santacruz skier

Wanted: Western Bump & Crud/Chop Ski

I really do need to try those Blaze's..... headed next week to Tahoe and then down to Mammoth... yeah it will be spring skiing but I might try some if available.
  7. santacruz skier

Ski sickness / Hausler's

ENT - Ears, Nose, and Throat
  8. santacruz skier

Thank you— amazing purchase with your help

Great Joys were 98 underfoot and skied them in ungroomed chop as well as a few groomers and really liked them. Yeah, the Joy series was popular but think the Wild Joy and Great Joy were only made a few years. Reviews stated the Wild Joys had stiff tails but I never noticed that.
  9. santacruz skier

Thank you— amazing purchase with your help

I demoed both the Great Joy (in Switzerland) and the Wild Joy (in Tahoe) and really liked both skis! A lot!
  10. santacruz skier

Icelantic Nia Pro 105 - one day review

Mountain West in SLT..... where is that? I know True North of course... only too well.
  11. santacruz skier

IKON Pass adds St. Moritz (!)

Also wanted to add we took the famous Glacier Express from St Moritz to Davos (imagine with all our stuff!!!!!!) Gorgeous! Friend and I stayed here and each had our own rooms. Walking distance to the slopes and included wonderful swiss breakfast and dinner... https://hotelhauser.ch/en/
  12. santacruz skier

IKON Pass adds St. Moritz (!)

And it has some great skiing. Spent a week in St Moritz in 2019 and 4 days in Davos.... Amazing scenery...
  13. santacruz skier

Your Oddest Airplane Seatmate

If you're on Southwest, you can pay an extra $20 for early bird and chances are you will get a window seat. I always do that each way as do a bit of flying for travel in the winter on Southwest.
  14. santacruz skier

Expedition Kirkwood Womens 2 Day

Also a heavenly meet up
  15. santacruz skier

Days you’ve been on snow 2023-2024

I'll be at heavenly mid April.....
  16. santacruz skier

Surge in CA ski accidents links to weed, GoPros, and selfies.

Yeah, assume weekends are a zoo. We used to see cars lined up for 10 miles to get to Palisades when leaving Tahoe City on a Saturday to go home. Skied one afternoon on a Sunday at Heavenly and once on the mountain, the crowds thinned out. But that was because I know the mountain pretty well...
  17. santacruz skier

Sheeva 9 for intermediate skier

I'm your height but a little lighter and I would go with the 152. I haven't demoed them as the only place I considered demoing was in Steamboat and they didn't have the 86's. @ski diva has the 159's (similar specs) I think and really likes them. They're on sale now at Evo.com
  18. santacruz skier

Osteoporosis and skiing

Totally agree on the high speed crashes......That's the main thing I think about. . Actually I try to avoid fast groomers for that reason.
  19. santacruz skier

Wait until the divas invade using their Ikon passes.:smile:
  20. santacruz skier

or those of us flying east to get the powder !