• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. snow cat

Bootfitters by Region - USA - Western & Rocky Mountain Regions

Are the SLC bootfitter recommendations from earlier still current or any new recommendations for a good boot fitter in SLC/PC area? Asking for a friend who needs to see one on our trip there in 2 weeks.
  2. snow cat

TR Alta in April 2021

Meeting up with other divas! It was fun to meet some new divas and marzNC
  3. snow cat

Is coronavirus changing your ski plans?

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/03/16/cdc-recommends-the-cancellation-of-events-with-50-or-more-people-for-the-next-eight-weeks-throughout-us.html?__source=newsletter|breakingnews If all the resorts follow this guideline (to not have more than 50 people gather for next 8 weeks), this probably mean...
  4. snow cat

Do you use pole straps?

I just recently decided not to bother put on the straps on at all while skiing. Funnily enough I’ve had few tumble/falls since that decision but haven’t had a pole get lost/away from me or tangle up on/with me yet. But when I did have them on before, I found that they get more tangled up if...
  5. snow cat

Resort closures 2020

Well, it’s official. Killington and Pico are also suspending operation as predicted
  6. snow cat

Resort closures 2020

I agree. I won’t be surprised if all the ski resorts close in US like several of the European countries. But I am hopeful that some will reopen at a later time in April or May.
  7. snow cat

Resort closures 2020

Alterra closed their resorts and just heard Alta suspending their operations
  8. snow cat

How many ski days do you have this season?

13 days so far. Usually get in 20-30 days depending on whether I have other trips off-season. I was planning on getting some ski days in around where I live this season but doesn't seem like it will be conducive for that to happen. This season's been too warm so far....it's supposed to be...
  9. snow cat

New skis/bindings??

I personally stick with Salomon bindings. I have Z10ti, Z12, and lately Warden 11 bindings on my last two pairs of skis. They are so easy to get in and out of. I didn't like Marker bindings at all in the past as they were hard to get in/out. They may be better now but I don't risk it and stay...
  10. snow cat

Taos - Feb 2020

Day 3 and Day 4 are some exhausting days of the ski week! Especially if you are skiing powder or if you are skiing in all afternoon after the lesson. It'll get better and they don't get too crazy on the last day of ski week.
  11. snow cat

Contest: Kulkea Kantaja Double Roller Ski Bag Giveaway

Extended zipper pulls so you can zip with gloves on!
  12. snow cat

Contest: Kulkea Micro Pack Multi Sport Backpack Giveaway

Micro Pack has dedicated holster to hold water bottles instead, perfect for friends I know who do not like the refillable with hose and mouthpiece. Hydration Holster – Hydrate with a large refillable or two water bottles.
  13. snow cat

Wingjump?

I think it's an interesting idea. I'd try it.
  14. snow cat

Utah March-April 2017

Will you be skiing at Alta then? Or maybe we can meet you for lunch at the lodge or something. Let me know.
  15. snow cat

Spring skiing blues

Chopped up snow is harder/more work to ski. If you keep feeling like your edges are catching in the chopped up snow then you are probably rushing your turns and forcing your skis to turn. Getting used to knees and legs getting sore....maybe or maybe not. If everything just hurts, either your...
  16. snow cat

Mid-Atlantic/SE skiing (PA, NJ, DC, MD, VA, WV, NC) for 2016-17

@SallyCat I heard that the snow is going to be good for snowman making since it'll be the wet kind according to the weather person here in VA. In this case, you won't really be skiing "pow". Wet snow will be dense and heavy, not like fluffy (aka pow/powder) snow. While I think skiing in general...
  17. snow cat

Kenja!!!

If you like the dampness and stableness of Kenja, you may not enjoy Black Pearl as much since BP is much softer skis. I have not tried Atomic Vantages yet but in general I found Atomic skis to be softer than Volkls, even the ones with metal/carbon. I ski Kenja in length 156 (can ski 163 also but...
  18. snow cat

Roundtop Making Snow

:eek: :frown: Hopefully next winter is colder with more snow!
  19. snow cat

Utah March-April 2017

My sister and I will be in SLC 3/15-3/19. Planning to ski Alta/Snowbird 3/16-3-19 but will see if we are skiing all 4 days there or go somewhere else part of that time. @marzNC Hope we can catch up with your crew on 16th at least! Do you know if Alta/Snowbird gets really busy on weekends?
  20. snow cat

Purchasing new skis

I demoed Atomic Backland 102 at Steamboat about a week ago. It was a good all mountain ski. It did well on groomers/frontside. I can't say whether they would be good in powder since we didn't have any new snow but I was having fun with it on the side of trails where there were soft piles. I...