• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. Robyn

Big Changes at TheSkiDiva!

I’m not around much anymore but will always be grateful to Ski Diva for amazing friendships and experiences that continue to this day and beyond. I can’t imagine a better person to hand the torch to than Rachel.
  2. Robyn

We're Sweet Sixteen!

I joined in November 2007. I'm not around as much anymore, mainly because my work is more time consuming and I've spent the last 4 years in law school (I'm officially a licensed attorney as of this past Monday!) while continuing to work. However, some of my closest friends are from this site...
  3. Robyn

Hurricane Ian

I remember! I think they will at least get Matanzas up and running. The roof had just been replaced and it looks unscathed at least. I told them the roofing company should use it as an advertisement. I really don’t know about Pierside. It is completely gone. I’m having dinner with their...
  4. Robyn

Hurricane Ian

Thanks for thinking of them. My aunt and uncle live here in Colorado but they have multiple businesses on FMB. One is completely obliterated (it was in Times Square and you've likely seen photos and video of that.) The others sustained massive damage due to the 15 foot storm surge but are...
  5. Robyn

Hope all our Boulder area Divas are safe!

Sorry I haven't been by to check in but thanks to Rachel for updating. I evacuated because I knew that I was next in line to be evacuated and I had covid plus a dog so I didn't want to be trying to do it all in the middle of the night. The recovery is just beginning around here and I have at...
  6. Robyn

Best Ski Cars?

I just leased a 2021 Highlander Hybrid Limited on Friday. Initially, I had wanted the RAV 4 but when I drove it I found it to feel cheap and then I made the decision to adopt my foster dog so the dog part came into play. The Highlander is a ginormous vehicle but the hybrid makes me feel a bit...
  7. Robyn

Peloton or Echelon?

I'm excited for you! I start classes tomorrow and expect my online time to be significantly reduced so don't hesitate to PM me if you have specific questions I can answer as I'll get an email.
  8. Robyn

Peloton or Echelon?

Oy. On another note, a woman posted today that they orgasm on longer rides. There's over 900 comments in less than an hour. :rotf:
  9. Robyn

Peloton or Echelon?

I'm 5'6" and I don't have issues. There is a Peloton Shortie Tribe (don't get me started on the word tribe) that you might join to ask those questions.
  10. Robyn

Peloton or Echelon?

My take on the pedal thing is that they either got a bad batch of pedals or in the hiring frenzy to meet the demand the people assembling the bikes didn't get enough training or they are rushing through getting the pedals on which is causing them to cross-thread and fail. Having put a few pairs...
  11. Robyn

Peloton or Echelon?

As Jilly mentioned, I have a Peloton. I've had it over a year and really enjoy it. I am a road cyclist as well but with work and law school I don't have time to get out, especially once winter darkness sets in. I haven't had any issues and got it quickly but that was before the COVID buying...
  12. Robyn

A-Basin to leave Epic Pass

Parking has been a serious issue of late. It's resulted in very frustrated long time customers, grumpy employees, and safety issues with people parking on the highway illegally. I absolutely think their stated reasons are the truth.
  13. Robyn

A-Basin to leave Epic Pass

I highly doubt they'll join Ikon, unless it's one of the limited number of day options since their stated reasoning is to reduce crowds.
  14. Robyn

Ski Shells for Tall Women

@pinto
  15. Robyn

Valle Nevado?

@LauraJ83 First, I'm very envious. Wish I was going back again this year! I'm realizing that I failed to post my trip report here. Sorry! If you are at all prone to car sickness I highly recommend you take Dramamine before the drive up. It is a series of switchback (over 50 of them) and...
  16. Robyn

Valle Nevado?

I was at Valle Nevado last August. I'll post more in the next few days.
  17. Robyn

I can't believe I'm looking for a new jacket

Check Eddie Bauer’s First Ascent line.
  18. Robyn

Black Pearl suitable for me?

Sorry for the late reply. I have the Great Joy and love it. I've skied the Wild Joy and enjoyed it as well but it's too close to my GJ for me to consider for my quiver. When I replace the GJ it will be with another GJ.
  19. Robyn

Boots in London, me in Vancouver...

Hi. I'm the person @Pequenita mentioned. Unfortunately, due to logistics, I just can't make this work on this trip.
  20. Robyn

Outdoor Divas is closing their Boulder Store

I suspect if you call Kim (the owner) she'll work with you. Tell her I sent you.