• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. MaineSkiLady

I won the Southwest "Solarbration" Sweepstakes!

His problem is that absolutely NOTHING seems to be direct for him anymore. It seems like anywhere he needs to go requires THREE flight legs. PITA.
  2. MaineSkiLady

^^^ This. It was an obsession with the traveling engineers at DH's former job, haha. This was right around the time of inception of the frequent flyer programs, mid 1980's. They could figure out how to go "around the world" for maximum points: USA>Europe>Asia>USA - all on company funds (AND...
  3. MaineSkiLady

TOTAL ECLIPSE DAY SUGARLOAF & SADDLEBACK, MAINE

There will be traffic everywhere. A good hiking trail in totality path would be Bald Mountain outside of Oquossoc. I will be in that general region, as we have friends nearby there.
  4. MaineSkiLady

DH’s (incessant) frequent travel years (10 of them overseas) are long behind us now (happily). The Mileage Plus Money + Miles option has been around since his travel days, I believe. He traveled so much (out of ORD) that he was Mileage Plus Premier Executive 1K, which tripled every traveled...
  5. MaineSkiLady

Indeed - and infuriating. A route he regularly flew on SWA for almost 10 years. American Airlines for the win....<sigh> (pricier, but....AVAILABLE)
  6. MaineSkiLady

Yes to the bags inclusion. I always thought that might eventually vanish. As to routes, it's perplexing. My son is the frequent traveler in my family, and he was always able to get from west coast to approximately here (if sometimes 160 miles distant) - and back. Then last fall, he could get...
  7. MaineSkiLady

Well, they're starting to nickel and dime with "Early Bird" -- seems to cost more every year? Then the constant upgrade offers. They're kind of "on" now to what other carriers are doing. And now, a lot of routes seem to have been "dashed" (pandemic?) - and ones we regularly used in the past. ???
  8. MaineSkiLady

:yahoo:@Jilly- !! Easy-peasy! I'm worried about driving 40 miles to friends' house. Could be big traffic issues.
  9. MaineSkiLady

Nor have I, and this is my home mountain. Worst case scenario would be having to park along the access road, but this is an annual occurrence with Reggae Fest - OR a big powder dump (i.e., last Sunday). Resort has an excellent shuttle service and picks people up/drops off at very regular...
  10. MaineSkiLady

This market as well. : ( Times change...
  11. MaineSkiLady

I can only speak to what’s being said about April 8 being the busiest day the resort will have seen in years (and Reggae Fest begins the following Friday, typically the busiest weekend). Given that, if you get there early enough and are lucky, the following lots would work: On your right, go...
  12. MaineSkiLady

Heads up to those thinking about traveling to either of these 2 resorts on Monday, April 8. Both resorts are expecting HUGE crowds, some of whom will arrive for the entire weekend. (Both are in 100% totality zone.) Saddleback is even charging $50 to park. If you are planning or hope to...
  13. MaineSkiLady

Wow! Congrats! >> :clap: Even though the return trip (6.5 hours??) sounds a bit...daunting. We were regular SWA flyers for many years since moving east - back when it was a “low-cost” carrier (no more), even traveling 160 miles to the nearest airport (worth it for the savings). No problems...
  14. MaineSkiLady

Osteoporosis and skiing

Prolia injections, 2x/year, rather expensive even with insurance. Had been on it some years prior, was taken off, numbers crashed. Numbers partially due to being severely underweight 20+ lbs for a few years. Yes, Virginia, you "can" be "too thin." (wasn't intentional) Prolia, once started...
  15. MaineSkiLady

Tips for advanced skiers over 50 planning to ski until 80+

^^^ I read it (member), I bookmarked it, I embrace it. And I'm not far behind him in years (alas).
  16. MaineSkiLady

Diva East @ Jay, Trip Report and Photos

That's a Maine expression as well : ) Hey, wow, good for y'all! "The Jay Cloud" delivers! :clap:
  17. MaineSkiLady

Ski sickness / Hausler's

A physical ear exam will only see to the eardrum. What we're talking about is in the inner ear. The external exam could easily be done by your primary physician, who then might or might not recommend an ENT. The only true way to see the inner ear is via MRI. In the interim, treatment is by...
  18. MaineSkiLady

Certification

DH hits 50 years of membership next year (wow - that's a lot of dues, exam preps, exams, continuing ed events...), which I think is the final year he has to pay dues at all??
  19. MaineSkiLady

Ski sickness / Hausler's

This is usually a vestibular (inner ear) issue. Inner ear is responsible for balance and all sensations thereof. Why it seems to worsen with age and time is that there are crystals inside the inner ear that are held in place by tiny hairs. If/when the tiny hairs get worn away or misplaced...
  20. MaineSkiLady

Tignes/Val d'Isère

Have a great trip! I know zip about your destination - but the Elan Ripstick 88 is my do-it-all ski of choice these past couple of years. Hope they work out for you!