• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. veronicarella

How many ski days do you have this season?

12 days, 4 mountains. Two more trips planned, and many more weekly training to come!
  2. veronicarella

Sun Peaks, B.C., Feb. 24 - Mar. 3)

@SkiBam Great meeting you and skiing with you!!! Nice recap too!
  3. veronicarella

Skiing with Sciatica

I tried a non-traditional method. It was recommended to me by someone who also had sciatica. She has been pain free for many years - I think she said 8 years(?). I was desperate to try anything, so I tried the AtlasPROfilax treatment in May, and have been pain free for the past few months. There...
  4. veronicarella

What Does Your Ski Day Total Say About You?

I got a chance to watch the level 3 prep. Huge jump! But I'm excited to learn how to really ski! Haha
  5. veronicarella

Wow! That's some serious commitment! Hope you get your 100+!!!
  6. veronicarella

Thanks! I'll get at least 2 more days today and tomorrow, then it's rain, rain, rain at the mountain top for the rest of the week....
  7. veronicarella

Thanks! I did my training mid-March, so likely not the same person, and hoping it wasn't the 'butt grabber' guy :-/ I'm considering going for my 3 next season, after a couple course examiners encouraged me to, which is a boost of confidence. Of course it'll be hard work and way harder than the 2.
  8. veronicarella

91 days total! The article is pretty much spot on! hahaha It has been a big winter, the biggest ever for me! 61 days of skiing 12 days of snowboarding 11 days of teaching (9 skis, 2 snowboard) 8 mountains 5 days of cross country 5 certs earned (CADS 1, CSIA 1, CSIA 2, AST 1, CASI 1) 1 day of...
  9. veronicarella

Skiing the '17/'18 Blizzard line

I remember reading that the Quattro for men's is still called Quattro and the Quattro W is renamed to Alight. The women's skis are kept the same - essentially the same shape and construction, but the pre-mounted bindings have moved 5mm forward to allow for better turn initiation for women due to...
  10. veronicarella

Rolling a tire down a ski jump......

Before watching the whole video, I guessed that the sports car wheel would come in first (it came in 3rd). I just thought the big wheels would have the highest air friction, so was surprised to see the two fattest wheels come in 1st and 2nd. Maybe I need to review my physics textbook!!! Haha
  11. veronicarella

Help Needed: Advice for Road Bike Size for Petite Woman

I think you can't go wrong with any of the major brands like Giant, Specialized, and Trek. I bought a Giant road bike 10 years ago, and to this day, the shop guys think I have a fancy bike when I had paid only $1k new. I was in the same sort of situation as you with not knowing how serious I...
  12. veronicarella

Looking for ski jacket & pants for VERY long arms & legs

I'm always in search of longer pants as well. The North Face is one of the few brands that sell pants in tall, regular and petite. Recently I also tried Peak Performance and find their pants slightly longer than other brands too. As for jacket, I'm not much help there because I have short...
  13. veronicarella

Lessons learned this season...

@ the Whistler Adaptive Snow Sports. Do you sit ski? Any tips of the trade?
  14. veronicarella

Lessons learned this season...

Season's lessons: Snow addiction is real. Powder fever is real. The more I try to not buy anything new this season, the more I inevitably end up buying. I can't say no to a good deal (best deals of the season: 75% off Kjus jacket & 50% off a pair of skis). Trusty backcountry buddies are hard...
  15. veronicarella

Ski Resort Consolidations: Yay or Nay?

That was my speculation too when I read the press release.
  16. veronicarella

Summer fun fitness?

Swim, bike, run, yoga, hike. This year I hope to try mountain biking and Pilates. Both seems to have steep learning curves, so if there's any mountain bikers or Pilates-ers who have advice on how to get started, I'm all ears! Every year I also daydream about skiing in the Southern Hemisphere in...
  17. veronicarella

Who's Bought Their Season Passes for '17/'18?

Here's an interesting 2017-2018 season pass offer: Saas Fee ski resort (nickname: mini Zermatt) in Switzerland is offering season pass for CHF222 (compared to single day pass of CHF72). Only if 77,777 passes are sold before April 22nd would trigger the purchase. Currently, there are almost...
  18. veronicarella

What Would You Change About The Ski Industry?

I know the three T-bars at WB are all because they are on top of glaciers and can be moved as the glaciers move and, unfortunately, shrink. Can't put a chair on glaciers!
  19. veronicarella

Ski Resort Consolidations: Yay or Nay?

Depends. If two smaller resorts join forces (for example, Squaw and Alpine Meadows), the consumers benefit by having access to more terrain without cost increase as there are still many other resorts in the region (Tahoe) to ensure competition. However, as the consolidation trend continues...
  20. veronicarella

What I learned today

Is it considered a binding check if I bring my skis in once a year and ask if the bindings need to be checked, and the tech guys visually inspect the bindings, touch all external parts of the bindings, and pop my boots on and off, and then tell me to save my money as the bindings don't seem to...