• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. Mary Tee

How many skis to own?

What did you not like about the Renoun? I notice they’re not making it anymore, so I guess not a great seller
  2. Mary Tee

psa- go to the dentist before starting your season

Dentists have always advised me to get cleanings 4 times per year as my saliva causes heavy tartar build up. Years ago a hygienist advised me that many insurance plans will only allow two cleanings per year, but will also allow an additional two cleanings from a periodontist. This has worked...
  3. Mary Tee

Shortened Season

So sorry to hear about all this. Hoping for a quick recovery for you.
  4. Mary Tee

Warmest Gloves

Since I have mittens that work well for me, maybe I should just work on a mask set up that I don’t have to pull up and down! Those Free the powder gloves are interesting though, and at that price I can use them for something other than skiing if they don’t keep my hands warm enough.
  5. Mary Tee

Warmest Gloves

My hands get cold in gloves. For years I have only worn mittens as they are the only thing that has kept my fingers from going numb. However, in today’s word with masks being one more thing, I am finding the lack of dexterity a real issue. If I drop the mask down while skiing, I don’t seem...
  6. Mary Tee

When a girls gotta ski, a girl’s gotta ski!

With a full wetsuit and a thin neoprene shirt under, my upper body didn’t get wet. Hands, feet and face definitely felt the chill!
  7. Mary Tee

When a girls gotta ski, a girl’s gotta ski!

Well, Whiteface didn’t open this weekend, and on Long Island, this is my only alternative!
  8. Mary Tee

I gave up my ski pass for 20-21

I got the Empire discount card this year instead of the ski 3 unlimited pass for Gore, Whiteface and Belleayre. Without renting a house this year, I just don’t think I will make the 4-6 hour drive enough to make a season pass pay. I am also really unhappy with the State of New York about their...
  9. Mary Tee

Meribel Honeymoon

Congratulations!!!
  10. Mary Tee

Renoun Earhart ski

I think the website said the Earharts were so,d out.
  11. Mary Tee

How many ski days do you have this season?

33 days for me, the most I’ve ever done! I just gave up the house in Lake Placid, and although I hope I’m not done for the season...the weather seems to be rapidly changing to spring...come on Mother Nature! A little more winter please.
  12. Mary Tee

Midweek race programs for race kids?

I don’t have an answer to your question, but recently read this article and thought it might be of interest. https://www.skiracing.com/premium/back-to-the-future-at-burke-mountain-academy
  13. Mary Tee

Quick & dirty of Vermont

Paging @nopoleskier...didn’t you stay someplace reasonable and good near Killington?
  14. Mary Tee

Is coronavirus changing your ski plans?

I Am not making any changes in my day to day plans...other than washing hands more often and longer than usual. A lot of what I’ve read indicates that mortality rates for this virus are no worse than this years B strain flu...for which the flu vaccine is ineffective. However, as far as travel...
  15. Mary Tee

Chairlift Etiquette

NYSnowflake said: Thank you! I was so totally disgusted with some young man at Mount Snow walked past the drinking fountain and hocked a big loogie into it in the dining area. What is wrong with people? Disgusting! OMG...that is truly disgusting.
  16. Mary Tee

Vermont 19-20

Same at Whiteface today.
  17. Mary Tee

For those who started skiing later in life.....

1) What made you start skiing? At what age? I was 48 and met a man who was an avid, excellent skier. 2) Why didn't you start skiing earlier? I skied for the first time on a school trip in 8th grade and absolutely loved it, but no one in my family skied, and I lived on Long Island...we do...
  18. Mary Tee

How many ski days do you have this season?

25, but that’s the most I’ve ever had in a season! Retirement is great!
  19. Mary Tee

Tremblant: resorts and night skiing

I would love that. @nopoleskier said she hoped you would be available to ski with us.
  20. Mary Tee

Tremblant: resorts and night skiing

ohhh noooo. i was so looking forward to skiing with you again. ill just have to come back again next year...could be an annual event!