• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. BackCountryGirl

Days you’ve been on snow 2023-2024

I helped build on Thursday, when the bumps were super soft. I skied them a few times with Donny Pelletier's mom!
  2. BackCountryGirl

Days you’ve been on snow 2023-2024

I'm at 83! Most were work days but a few were fun days. Actually, work was fun, too! My girls.
  3. BackCountryGirl

How much to tip Private Instructor

Most of us do!
  4. BackCountryGirl

Certification

It is a big deal. A very hardy congratulations. And I don't think the pass rate these days is still 90 percent! Keep on learning and moving ahead. I'm on year 20 of membership and it's still a journey.
  5. BackCountryGirl

Wildcat, NH, chairlift accident

We had a discussion at my house last night, which included an engineer and a very seasoned Mt. Ops person. That lift had a very different mechanism of attachment than modern fixed grips and everyone wad pretty sure what the point of failure might have been.
  6. BackCountryGirl

Carrying ALL.THE.STUFF.

I wouldn't recommend taking liners out every night. I've been told that the process of removing them and putting them in seeds up the breakdown of the lower. I also use cat tracks to walk on concrete so as not to degrade the sole. I added a really thin replaceable sole to my boots, too, to help...
  7. BackCountryGirl

Women's GS Ski Recommendations

Hi. I wasn't with my skis when I wrote this and I remembered right. They are 176 and 23 meter. The binding goes up to 11, which is enough cushion for me. I think an 8 or even 8.5 on a 12 max would be okay. A shop might help advise you on that.
  8. BackCountryGirl

Women's Clinics

She's a rock star. I'd pick her over Mermer any say!
  9. BackCountryGirl

Kids Ski Pass Holders with Automatic RFID scanners

A few of the kids I ski with, who don't have the pocket on the arm of their parka, put the pass in the handwarmer slit on their mittens and the they wave their hand at the scanner.
  10. BackCountryGirl

Women's GS Ski Recommendations

I'm on a head junior GS Ski. I think they're 176 and 23 meter. I really love them. I am 135 and 5'3". I think junior skis are a good choice for anyone under about 150 lbs. I don't race but I coach racers so being on the same sort of gear that they are on is important. I get why you're on a...
  11. BackCountryGirl

Now HERE'S an honest snow report.

Stayed there once while doing a level 3 prep clinic in 2008 or 9. Betsy was a stitch. She had me in the kitchen baking with her family one night.
  12. BackCountryGirl

Out for the season

@skibum4ever you sound so positive! Heal well.
  13. BackCountryGirl

Sierra trading post in New Hampshire and other bright ideas!

Is there an LL Bean Outlet store in Burlington? Or, do you have a lovely neighbor willing to send things to you?
  14. BackCountryGirl

RIP Ron LeMaster

I love his books. His use of visuals was unsurpassed. What a loss.
  15. BackCountryGirl

Has anyone tried a heated vest?

A fellow coach has one and loves it. It definitely is an Ororo. Not sure which model.
  16. BackCountryGirl

Sunday River or Stowe?

I have worked at Sunday River for years and it's a great mountain. Great snowmaking and grooming--wonderful intermediate cruisers and woods. But it lacks the elevation of Stowe and that elevation offers sustained vertical and a better and more reliable natural snowpack.
  17. BackCountryGirl

Question: How do you know if a pair of boots are too stiff for you?

I am 100% sure that one of the seasonal program coaches can help you evaluate the boots when you get going.
  18. BackCountryGirl

Do you like to ski alone?

I love skiing alone, especially after skiing with kids all morning. I find that I can get better flow, work on my own skiing, reset better, and get a better workout going at my own pace. Skiing with friends also is fun, but a fo
  19. BackCountryGirl

How do you keep your phone safe and charged while skiing?

I keep mine in a pocket with a hardwarmer on super cold days. I also be sure to turn off wifi so it doesn't search for a network when I get close to the lodge.
  20. BackCountryGirl

Tips for Sunday River with a baby?

If you're a Facebook user, there is a Team Bethel group and a Sunday River Enthusiasts group. You might also be able to get and vet a local sitter this far in advance. There are no kids seasonal programs that weekend so many young coaches are around and may not be working. The snowsports school...