• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. tinymoose

New Mexico 2024

They're great! I very much miss them and getting to see them more often.
  2. tinymoose

New Mexico 2024

I was gonna say that @vanhoskier lives out there and skis there now, so glad you got to meet up with her and her H. :)
  3. tinymoose

Osteoporosis and skiing

I don't count toes and fingers. :wink: They're "incidentals." Even if they do count... what am I gonna do... give up gymnastics? No, it's one of the best weight bearing exercises out there. It feels like a losing battle, but I'll stop when I lose everything I love most. ETA: this is blasphemy...
  4. tinymoose

Osteoporosis and skiing

Yeah, my mom is 74 and has had multiple breaks already (wrists, arm, ribs, clavicle) from falls, but she's never had an immobilizing break like my gran had (Mom quit Fosamax a good bit ago b/c of studies). I've had more breaks at my age than my mom had, but all came from gymnastics or trying...
  5. tinymoose

Sheeva 9 for intermediate skier

I'm not sure if I have a lot to contribute, but here goes... I'm a 5'1", 95 lbs. advanced-ish skier, so similar to you but a bit lighter. I'm a former Yumi skier (skied two iterations of the Yumis both with and w/o titanal over 6ish yrs?). Anyhow, I've tried the Sheeva 9, and it wasn't my cup of...
  6. tinymoose

Days you’ve been on snow 2023-2024

I thought you all should know I don't think I cleared 10 days this year b/c apparently eastern PA is the new deep south.
  7. tinymoose

Osteoporosis and skiing

Soooo osteoporosis runs in my family... maternal gran and my mom had it, and I have bird bones and have had osteopenia since my 20s despite gymnastics. Anyhow, I'm REALLY reluctant to go on meds when I get diagnosed with osteoporosis (it's a when not if), b/c as I understand most meds give the...
  8. tinymoose

Stand Up Paddle Board

@AJM what inflatable board do you have? I have a Red Paddle and I feel like it's the best compromise of performance and convenience of an inflatable with their batten system, but oh do I wish I had room for a hard board. Even the best inflatable won't perform like a hard board. Anyhow, I'm...
  9. tinymoose

"pre-teen/teen skis vs adult skis

I'm 5'1" and 95 lbs and have had a handful of junior skis/bindings/boots over the years. Currently have some junior SLs and in some junior Redster boots. On one hand the cost savings is nice, on the other hand finding gear that works for you, be it adult or junior, is a real PITA when you're...
  10. tinymoose

Stockli Nela 88 vs Faction Dancer 2X?

I meant to comment on this last night, but forgot. I haven't tried the Dancer, but own the narrower Agent (1X). so carbon instead of metal. Despite not having the metal I sorta feel the same way about the Agents. They're surprisingly damp and stable for a ski that doesn't weight a whole lot and...
  11. tinymoose

Random Observations about Binding Delta/Angle

Certainly look into and find your delta angles on your bindings if you're curious (I did). But not everyone is impacted/feels delta angles, so if you're not feeling a difference in bindings I wouldn't worry about it either. And I have small feet/a small BSL... in a 23.5 boot.
  12. tinymoose

Stockli Nela 88 vs Faction Dancer 2X?

@SnowHot had a long-term demo of the Dancer 2x. Here's her review: She's also skied the Nela 88, so she might have some insight between the two.
  13. tinymoose

Mid-Atlantic/Southeast skiing (PA, NJ, DC, MD, VA, WV, NC, TN) for 2023-24

Montage has called the season. They had to close this past weekend due to poor conditions from warm weather, and they tried to blow snow last night but it didn’t pan out.
  14. tinymoose

Looking for a narrow ski out west

Hi @lemonlime ! Like Lisa said, I'm similar in size to you (5'1" and 95 lbs). I haven't tried a lot of narrow skis in recent years since I have my junior race skis. Almost everything I've tried in the last couple years has been 80+, except for the Stockli Laser MX, which is 67 at the waist (so...
  15. tinymoose

Skinnier Front Side Skis - Searching

If it makes any of you feel better, I never really skied on non-parabolic skis and my natural transition is still an up-unweight. Probably learned from instructors who learned it. When we had an adult race clinic they were trying to drill it out of me, but here I am still up-unweighting in a...
  16. tinymoose

New Blizzard Black Pearl 2025

Is this different than the titanal band underfoot that they added to the Yumis years and years ago? Because I had both the all wood Yumi and the titanal band underfoot version and (at least at my size) I could feel the difference.
  17. tinymoose

Torsional or longitudinal (tip to tail)? Can a ski have too much torsional stiffness? Doesn't that generally help with edge grip?
  18. tinymoose

I still consider metal underfoot metal, even if that's the only place, but I'm also only 95 lbs. lol It doesn't take a lot to make a ski too burly for me. I always get nervous when they start adding lots of metal to a ski I like. Ironically, the more my skiing has improved, the less stiff...
  19. tinymoose

Really... huh it seems like they added more metal from last year so I would have thought that would make them more demanding. Interesting. I did feel like last year's felt very groomer oriented. They did a lot of things well that my race skis do well (good edge grip, good tail pop, damp, didn't...
  20. tinymoose

How do they compare feel-wise to last year's model, for anyone that has skied both?