• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. litterbug

Winterizing Your Vehicle

Just don't stash a battery in the car where it'll run down and/or lose charge in the cold. My spare phone battery lives in a pocket in my purse, and about once a week I let the one in the phone go dead, recharge it, and switch batteries so the spare is always charged. During ski season the...
  2. litterbug

World Cup ski racing 2015-16

(Oh, and I'm very well adjusted to subtitles on Danish, Swedish, Norwegian, German, and Italian shows)
  3. litterbug

Hmm, I thought I'd hunted around Hulu & Netflix, but that was a while ago. Time to check it out again.
  4. litterbug

I wonder whether NBC Sports will pick up the world cup coverage. As for Universal Sports, good riddance; I've been pissed off at them ever since they stopped broadcasting and started jumping from one distribution model to another, making World Cup event access as pricey and difficult as...
  5. litterbug

Questions I Have For People Who Go Skiing [funny]

Ah, but after a season on telemark skis, there's nothing you can't do! And that's after a season as a mediocre telemarketer relying solely on existing strength and athletic ability, mostly on groomed slopes, with just barely enough balance and sense of security on the snow to drop my back knee...
  6. litterbug

@Christy, thanks for starting the thread. My mind has been elsewhere, but I'll check it out tonight. Last year it turned out that I mysteriously had access to most races on NBC Sports, so i only had to use my alternative method a few times. This year will be different because I'm either going to...
  7. litterbug

When to turn tips.

I see; I just jumped to the most similar thing I knew of. I know many people get a lot out of skiing in sync, and I wish I could, but unless it's exaggerated drills, I'm utterly incapable of watching and copying someone else's movements as they're doing it. It just doesn't happen; if I focus on...
  8. litterbug

Saying Goodbye to TapaTalk

I've always had email notifications of forum activity based on my settings, whether I've been using the browser or not. I found Tapatalk's notifications to be distracting; I prefer to get my notifications only when I check my email for them.
  9. litterbug

When to turn tips.

I like doing that, especially if I find some nice round tracks to follow; it's an exercise in paying attention to where I'm going rather than thinking about what I'm doing.
  10. litterbug

Patagonia Nano Puff (and customer service wonderfulness)

Maybe you could just wait until September to return it and have them send you next year's for a replacement. They may or may not have fixed the problem by them, but at least you'd start fresh, with a full complement of feathers. As for me, my new jacket arrived the other day and is perfect...
  11. litterbug

So they can fix the stitching! But considering what @climbingbetty said, I'm glad I'm getting one with the square stitching. It's true that the cut is slimmer, but in this case that's a good thing, because my old large is a little too boxy now. :noidea:
  12. litterbug

I used to like Tapatalk, but the changes they made to the interface over the past few years actually made it less user friendly. It was still better than dealing with the website with the HTC browser, though. Now if only I could figure out how to get gmail not to use the HTC browser for links...
  13. litterbug

I do have to say that I'll still use my iPod (it's wifi-only) when I'm lounging on the sofa instead of sitting at my desk; the display is clearer and a little bigger, and both Mercury (basically Firefox for iOS) and Safari wrap the text if I double-tap the screen. Now if someone would just buy...
  14. litterbug

Help Needed: Femur Spiral Fracture Experience?

I got to meet Chachee a few weeks ago and can attest to his charming personality. What a doll he is! I haven't spent much time around horses, but I tend to love critters of any kind, and there's something sweet about an animal that's big enough to lean on. I've been a good girl for several days...
  15. litterbug

Lifts that load with a conveyer belt

I always thought the whole point of the conveyor was to deal with the fact that fixed grip lifts don't slow down at the loading point. I'm not fond of the Supreme chair at Alta, but frankly I haven't yet seen any problems. I'd imagine that the ski-through problems marzNC mentioned happen when...
  16. litterbug

Well, I stand corrected, because it turns out that the problem was the keyboard I was using. See, HTC's stock Sense keyboard sucks, so I've always used a third party keyboard, and for ages have lived with Swiftkey despite its mediocre performance. But I just downloaded the Google keyboard, which...
  17. litterbug

Should I move my bindings?

I like playing with fore-aft balance; it's a new thing for me to even notice where my weight is on my skis during different parts of a turn. You do lose control of the tips, and if you have any tendency to lean in or sit back it's probably not a great habit to build, but I think investigating...
  18. litterbug

I'm ever hopeful that they'll come up with something practical. It seems more likely than not that they'll offer touring gear as shells, so I'll keep my fingers crossed.
  19. litterbug

I guess I should post a picture of my new jacket in all its orange-ness:
  20. litterbug

This isn't as much of a review as my compulsion to share about an incredible customer service experience for an already-excellent product. In 2011 I picked up a traffic-cone-orange Nano Puff Hoody jacket at REI on clearance for $133. Bright orange was never a color I liked, but I was still...