• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. contesstant

Best small suv for winter driving

Now we can hear you coming in your car that sounds like a space ship! I always laugh when I hear one nearby, it still makes me turn my head to look!
  2. contesstant

Building my Quiver

I'm on the 2024 Sheeva 9s and every time I ski them, I like them more. (And I loved them from the first turn!) They are SO maneuverable. I had mine out today, and instead of a few inches of cream cheese from some fresh snow, it was a scraped off icy MESS that was softening slowly. They certainly...
  3. contesstant

Wanted: Western Bump & Crud/Chop Ski

I was going to recommend this, even though I’ve only skied the upcoming 88.
  4. contesstant

Analyzing 5 years of injuries, crashes and hit-and-runs at Colorado ski areas

Related story: On the Snowbasin FB page they posted an announcement for next year's season passes. A guy replied complaining about how his pass got pulled for skiing too fast in Bear Hollow. Bear Hollow is the ONE monitored zone on the entire mountain, and it's probably 150 yards total in...
  5. contesstant

Analyzing 5 years of injuries, crashes and hit-and-runs at Colorado ski areas

The lack of transparency is definitely maddening. I wonder what could be done to get this changed?
  6. contesstant

New to Total Joy: snowplowing????????

That's when I call it for the day. I have discovered that rubbing a warm weather wax on does help for a few runs, but it's only temporary.
  7. contesstant

Affordable ski towns

This is so true.
  8. contesstant

Requesting Advice on Ski Boot Fitter in Salt Lake Area for Flat Feet

Let us know. I'm not sure if he is still working as he does tend to close up in the spring for several months.
  9. contesstant

Requesting Advice on Ski Boot Fitter in Salt Lake Area for Flat Feet

Brett Amsbury at Park City Ski Boot.
  10. contesstant

Help! Nordica Santa Ana 98 vs Blizzard Black Pearl 97

I prefer a narrower ski for my daily ski and only bring out the wider skis on powder days. I can get around on an 88 under foot in most conditions, and go even narrower at times. I do have a Sheeva 9 now which is 96 under foot.
  11. contesstant

Your Oddest Airplane Seatmate

My brother was a combat search and rescue pilot who flew Blackhawks for the Air Force. He has some stories! :laughter:
  12. contesstant

Help! Nordica Santa Ana 98 vs Blizzard Black Pearl 97

The SA 98 does everything the 93 does, but a little better. I owned both and the 98 will be more versatile for powder days (especially in the PNW.) I skied the BP 97 and found them to be a lot of work and not much fun. I actually regret selling my SA 98s, even though I didn't use them that...
  13. contesstant

Requesting Advice: Best Resorts Seattle to Salt Lake City

Snowbasin will be closing the tram and Strawberry gondola for the season after this weekend. I knew it was coming, but they just announced it officially this morning.
  14. contesstant

Affordable ski towns

You'll find your tribe, wherever you end up! I go between "I want out of Utah because I'm tired of the gerrymandered BS that allows for the churchislature to rule here" to "I'm going to stay and work to loosen this place up!" Regardless, I have found my tribe, partly thanks to my husband who...
  15. contesstant

Requesting Advice: Best Resorts Seattle to Salt Lake City

Have some warm weather wax in your pocket and be prepared to apply frequently. April at the lower-altitude resorts in Utah, like Deer Valley and Snowbasin, is "ski for two hours, then go biking" time. Also, Snowbasin will start closing terrain very soon.
  16. contesstant

We are staying right downtown--traveling there for my daughter's academic decathlon national championship! Hoping to utilize mass transit a bunch since we won't have a car (traveling with 12 kids.) I don't get nervous about flying, I just think it's a major ass pain! :laughter: I've always...
  17. contesstant

Random Observations about Binding Delta/Angle

The SPX 12 I have waiting for next year's skis measured at 2mm difference. We used digital calipers. I'll get them out again and remeasure. Might have to put demos on those skis, too! Ugh!
  18. contesstant

These are great stories! I've flown a fair amount, although not since 2019! But don't have any funny stories per se. I did get sick during very bad turbulence one time, which was mortifying to me. I'm flying to Pittsburgh later this month and am not looking forward to it. I've grown to strongly...
  19. contesstant

I wonder about the SPX 12. Never thought to email them directly!
  20. contesstant

+2 ish. Might even be 1.5. I can remeasure. I wish they made a better demo binding—they are big and clunky but have the same delta as their non-demo bindings.