• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. arbusch

Avalanche expert killed in backcountry avalanche

Nick was my friend and I had skied with him on Sunday in the backcountry before his passing on Wednesday. We had a beautiful, magical day skiing that Sunday and spending time together. I am still processing this loss. He died around the same time another friend died in the mountains from a...
  2. arbusch

Moment Bella Review

I have the tour version and the Sierra for inbounds. Yes, they love being pushed and will fly in deep, steep powder. I find them super fun in powder. I love skiing powder though. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and your experience. Not every ski is for everyone.
  3. arbusch

Tecnica Mach1 115

I had a gut feeling especially with not getting my preferred footbeds in the boot. Luckily I can return them. Thanks for confirming my thoughts. I will have to keep looking. I was hoping since the tecnica zero gs fit that maybe just maybe they might work.
  4. arbusch

Tecnica Mach1 115

I know I should go to a bootfitter but alas the closest one is over 4 hours away. Trying to figure out if I should send them back or worth taking them to a bootfitter and getting modified. One of the benefits of living in the middle of nowhere in the mountains. I purchased tecnica mach 115 lv w...
  5. arbusch

Tecnica Mach1 115

Thanks for bringing up this question. I am in the same boat. I have been in touring boots since 2007 and recently I have been spending more time in resorts and have been thinking of getting resort boots too. I have been in Scarpa Gea for so long and realized they were just too sloppy for me on...
  6. arbusch

Pin Binding Recommendations

I have a pair of atk crest bindings on a pair skis. I am on my second season with these bindings. They have the same toe piece as the rt10. I find the toe piece clicks into your boots easier than the dynafit speeds. I like how light these bindings are and I haven't needed more than the 3 levels...
  7. arbusch

Initial thoughts of Moment Bella Tour & ATK Crest 10 binding

The moment wildcat 108 tour is the same ski. The wildcat goes to 165cm but not smaller. Yeah it is bummer especially the smaller sizes. I was hoping to grab some sierra tours.
  8. arbusch

Tell me about your ski quiver!

I did get the bella tour last year. I just came out of a backcountry ski hut trip and still love this ski. Tours great and is solid on the down even in funky snow. They just fly in perfect powder. I paired it with the atk crest bindings which are a solid lightweight touring binding. I love this...
  9. arbusch

Touring pants recommendations!

I am loving flylow siren bibs for the backcountry. Breathe really well and waterproof. Lots of pockets. The chest pocket has a d ring to clip in your beacon. Easy to vent and easy drop seat for bathroom breaks. I am 5'5" and not too long and have a baggy fit on me. I am fairly slim. It looks...
  10. arbusch

Short gal with high arches looking for touring boots

I would recommend trying on boots with a bootfitter. You got some decent recommendations from previous divas. Each foot experience and backcountry goals are unique. I have one girlfriend who is like a size 5 or 6 and think she's in a pair of dynafits but no idea on foot shape or volume. We just...
  11. arbusch

3-Finger (lobster) glove recommendations

I love them. I still need to add hand warmers on cold days. I start with hand warmers every day but many times they get too hot with these and put them in my pockets until I need them again. I just love the dexterity of a 3 finger glove. The leather is super soft. I have some backup black...
  12. arbusch

Cold feet

The bootcaps look like a better option for more touring boots than neoprene boot gloves which really limits unbuckling the boots touring and getting snow trapped in the glove touring. Trapping in heat from my toe warmers better. Raynuad's makes it really challenging keeping my feet warm...
  13. arbusch

3-Finger (lobster) glove recommendations

I have a pair of Maine line gloves ( https://flylowgear.com/products/maine-line-glove?_pos=5&_sid=c5eb8981b&_ss=r) from flylow that I love. No longer need to switch up gloves climbing vs down when touring. I run cold and have raynuad's. This year they added the super d lobster glove...
  14. arbusch

Shell Jackets

My flylow jackets have pit zips. I am really liking their jackets. I got too frustrated with arcteryx and switched to flylow.
  15. arbusch

Buying my first AT setup! What're the best year-round, all condition options?

What a great shop experience! Congrats and enjoy!
  16. arbusch

My best girlfriend is on the voile hypercharger and loves them and tried to convince me to buy them. She loves them a ton and tells me everytime we ski together. Yet I now do that with the bellas. She is more of a directional, solid skier. I knew I like a more surfy, poppy ski but still feels...
  17. arbusch

Yep I would focus on a ski in the 100-108 width range. Either the tecnica zero g or scarpa gea or something similar will work depending on what you love when you try them on. I have Raynuad's and the scarpa gear rs with toe warmers and boot gloves for cold days and my feet stay warm. I do feel...
  18. arbusch

I am really loving how these climb. It was super deep again on Sunday and the weight made it easier to navigate kick turns and break trail. Then the down was a blast in the deep powder. I have been loving these late powder storms. It looks like it warms up this weekend which makes me sad. I...
  19. arbusch

The tour version of both skis they are different cores. The bella tour are paulownia/pine core. The wildcat 108 tour are paulownia/ash core. Dimension wise same ski. Similarly for the bellas are popular/pine and wildcat 108 popular/ ash.
  20. arbusch

@Sokolva thanks for the kind words. Not a ton of reviews on this ski so I thought this would be helpful. I know the wildcat 108 is the same ski. Yet I think it is always nice to hear from more women about skis.