• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. MissySki

TOTAL ECLIPSE DAY SUGARLOAF & SADDLEBACK, MAINE

I just sent a message to confirm, but I have seen no mention of reservations required to park or ski there that day. They are on my pass, so I don’t need a separate ticket.. but parking is definitely a question in my mind.
  2. MissySki

Narrower longer skis for powder?

Gotcha, I have the same issue with tending to edge a lot. I have really been focusing on dialing it back when in bumps and powder in general. It helped that I was just in two days of lessons during a bunch of the crazy snow we got last weekend.. overarching message was to be softer on our...
  3. MissySki

TOTAL ECLIPSE DAY SUGARLOAF & SADDLEBACK, MAINE

Hmmmmm @lisamamot and I are planning on heading over from Sunday River early Monday morning.. Any tips on the parking situation in that case??
  4. MissySki

Advice wanted--new skis

Are you able to demo before choosing skis? I would try the longer lengths you have listed, the low 150s are short for your size and you may quickly find them lacking when you get going skiing more and pick up some speed. You may want to go even longer, so if you were to demo trying the next...
  5. MissySki

Narrower longer skis for powder?

I am curious if you are on a wider ski strictly in powder/crud, is that an issue for your knees? Wondering only because we are wanting to use lower edge angles in these cases, so I’d imagine that putting less stress on knees than if you were really pushing it on a groomer with a wider ski, for...
  6. MissySki

Crazy coincidence

Love this!
  7. MissySki

Tecnica Mach1 115

Hmmm it could be the low volume piece as it's definitely the instep area that is hard to curve in and out of. Even my bootfitter says it's a particularly difficult one and he isn't sure why exactly. Even though I have a super low instep and flexible feet I have a hard time. In is actually...
  8. MissySki

How wide of a powder ski should I demo?

I think it's 275 (size is 23.5 but bsl I always forget).. my boots are in Maine currently so I'd have to confirm.
  9. MissySki

Tecnica Mach1 115

I have that boot as well, and YES it is so hard to get in and out of.. especially if it's a cold day.
  10. MissySki

Sheeva 9 for intermediate skier

It is indeed wider! Instead of 92 it’s 96 underfoot.
  11. MissySki

Sheeva 9 for intermediate skier

You have the older version like me, right? The new version is longer in every length than the old one.. like I have the 164 for the older one and the new one I demoed the option was a 168. The new one has more rocker and skis shorter, so agreed I definitely wouldn’t go too short especially in...
  12. MissySki

I HAVE been very interested in trying the Blaze 106 since I love the Blaze 86 so much!
  13. MissySki

I have plenty of other skis, so I’m fine with having something just for this purpose that’s used really infrequently here.
  14. MissySki

This would definitely be a powder day only ski for me so all suggestions and their caveats are welcome and appreciated! :)
  15. MissySki

I actually tried these last month at a demo day.. but it was a groomer day with no soft stuff unfortunately. Perhaps one to keep on the list to try again in more suitable conditions.
  16. MissySki

Good point, I’m definitely open to suggestions of specific skis or characteristics that might be good to demo, regardless of their actual width.
  17. MissySki

Days you’ve been on snow 2023-2024

Day 48 and 49 were the most fabulous powder days at Sunday River this weekend.. we supposedly received 36 inches from Friday night to Saturday night. I’m still in a good mood today from how great it was, apparently I’m in a powder daze! Lol I got to ski a trail I’ve never braved there because...
  18. MissySki

I'm looking to put together a list of skis I should demo/consider in the ~102-106 range, probably the lower side most realistically. I'm 5'4" and 125lbs for reference. This is not a ski I will get a lot of use out of skiing in New England, and as such I have not worked hard at finding one even...
  19. MissySki

Frontside & moguls - what should be on my demo list?

The resorts are calling it miracle March lol
  20. MissySki

Frontside & moguls - what should be on my demo list?

It is a huge amount for New England, yes! It was very fluffy and dry yesterday which is rare here, bit heavier today especially with wind overnight compacting things some. Last weekend we had total concrete snow.. which is more typical. While I have not skied Sierra cement to confirm myself...