• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. NewEnglandSkier

Starting skiing later in life

I started skiing at age 30--so not super late in life but not as a kid either. I hate skiing under chair lifts. The only ones I don't mind skiing under at all are the beginner lifts! But nevertheless, sometimes I will choose to ski under one because it might be a good un-groomed one for my...
  2. NewEnglandSkier

Wachusett 23/24

Yeah, I noticed that too---but if you go "season pass comparisons" it is still listed so hopefully they will offer it.
  3. NewEnglandSkier

Between Seasons Storage

My skis spend the off season in the basement standing up inside plastic milk crates so that they don't wick moisture off the cement floor. They all get a storage wax with whatever wax is most appropriate for the particular ski---for example I would be unlikely to use my carving skis in really...
  4. NewEnglandSkier

Your Oddest Airplane Seatmate

Yes, I know right!!? It was most definitely her though. To fair it was first/business so there is that I guess.
  5. NewEnglandSkier

Not a weird seat mate, but one time I sat next to Bob Costas (that NBC sports host) flying to Boston from somewhere I can't recall. Another time, I had a 20 second conversation with Paris Hilton. BOS to LAX--she was in the row behind me and she made idle conversation with me as we were passing...
  6. NewEnglandSkier

Surge in CA ski accidents links to weed, GoPros, and selfies.

Yes this too. Earlier this year there was a child and father skiing and the kid was flying along, sort of turning but not really in control at all and the father seemed to think it was just fine--in fact he seemed to think it was funny/normal. The child nearly took out several people from...
  7. NewEnglandSkier

Random Observations about Binding Delta/Angle

I just ordered a pair of Squire demo bindings--will decide later if I want to replace my Attacks with these or just keep these as a binding for a future ski
  8. NewEnglandSkier

Surge in CA ski accidents links to weed, GoPros, and selfies.

Yes, I've had people pass within inches of me standing on the edge of the trail. Crazy. Another one that was really unsettling happened several years ago, I was on an empty black run which was moderately steep. The only one on it mind you, so plenty of room. I was on the middle third of the run...
  9. NewEnglandSkier

Remember Ski Ballet?

I skied with a ski instructor this season who does this. I didn't see him "perform" but he said it's one of his interests.
  10. NewEnglandSkier

Correct, not a demo binding, so only the heel could move. Yeah old boots were 282 @23.5 and new ones are 274 still at 23.5 I was thinking of putting Squire demo bindings on them---but I better hurry up and buy some if that is the case before they change the delta. My only concern would be how...
  11. NewEnglandSkier

Years ago-----Overnight flight from HNL to SFO. Seated next to a guy who kept talking to me and dropping that he was a 1K on United. He was quite proud of himself. I rarely sleep on planes unless the seats are lie flat which these were not, so no big deal to me that he talked but I just thought...
  12. NewEnglandSkier

I'm beginning to think the forward mount may be what I'm suddenly feeling on my Ripsticks. I measured the delta on my Attacks and it's not crazy. Unless I measured incorrectly it looked like +3. My bsl this year dropped by 8mm so now my boot center is ahead of the line. I'm wondering if I'm...
  13. NewEnglandSkier

Alignment?

When I sideslip, facing toward the right, I feel like the right ski tends to over flatten and sweeps up/digs up more snow with the inside edge. I felt like when I used the tape it may have helped with that but I need to try it again to be sure I'm not imagining things---or it's entirely possible...
  14. NewEnglandSkier

Alignment?

So it appears that I ride the inside edges of my skis ever so slightly on flats. Actually the right one is more pronounced than the left. Anyway, this has been going on for years and I have had my alignment checked three times over the past say 12 years at three separate shops and while I'm in...
  15. NewEnglandSkier

How do you feel about people leavings their skis on the ground outside the lodge?

It doesn't bother me unless they are in the way of accessing the stairs/pathway or racks. If people pull off to the side somewhere out of the way and leave them on the ground I'm fine with it. In fact I've done it. I wouldn't leave them in a busy area though and I normally do use the racks as I...
  16. NewEnglandSkier

Women's Surfing Camp/Lessons

I always wanted to go here https://surfsimply.com/
  17. NewEnglandSkier

Wachusett 23/24

Wachusett had no power today so had to close/not open for the day I saw on their website---seems like they can't catch a break with weather and similar types of events lately.
  18. NewEnglandSkier

Wachusett 23/24

Ugh, @Divegirl hope the hip turns out to be not too bad.
  19. NewEnglandSkier

Wachusett 23/24

I'm just a bit surprised they will go to the effort/expense to make snow this late when I think they planned to close on 3/31. Sunday River/Killington type places don't really surprise me since they want and can have a longer season but I guess Wachusett must really need it to get to closing day...
  20. NewEnglandSkier

Wachusett 23/24

Just saw that Wachusett will be closed Tues-Thurs this week to preserve what is left of the snow. They even mention trying to make some snow if the temps will allow it this week.