• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. 2

A growing COVID-19 variant has taken off this holiday season...

I ski with an 87 year old woman. She was a First Responder in NYC on 911 who lost most of one lung and part of the other to lung cancer. She's my Energizer Bunny who just keeps going and going. Her doctor suggested that she stop skiing, but she is determined, even if she has to stay on Greens...
  2. 2

Entire management staff at Gunstock resigns.

Just wondering because of the old adage. Private is better than public. USPS vs FedEx. Private Schools better than public. (Although my public high school consistently ranks in the top 5 in Ohio, top 100 in US). Private pools are better than public. Private housing vs public housing. Etc...
  3. 2

I jumped in the middle of a political discussion that I was totally ignorant about. Really sorry. My questions are Is Gunstock in trouble financially? Would Gunstock be a better ski mountain if it had the resources to expand? Would the county benefit (more services, more tax base, etc) if...
  4. 2

I have seen it blow up all over the ski blogs and it turns into a political bashing. It bores me. Free Staters, Extremists, even invoking the name of Soros. That's why I hoped that the women of SkiDiva would be able to discuss the issue on a factual level and leave the political rhetoric to...
  5. 2

I saw the paywalled article, too, but no real information. ‍♀️
  6. 2

One of the things I like best about my husband is his ability to solve problems. He ignores the arguments and infighting and gets to the root of the problem. He solves the problem and the other arguments go away. I’ve read of the resignations, I’ve read ‘political’. I’ve read about some...
  7. 2

DIVA DOGS!

I've tent camped with my dogs for years, although none ever scratched at the door. We have a huge tent and the 105# dog has plenty of space to stretch out. She goes kayaking with us, too. I have used PediPaws. It looks like a gimmick, but it works. A Dremel is faster. I think the PediPaws...
  8. 2

Vaccines and Ski Plans

TBH, my Covid infection was a non-event. I’m pushing 70 years old, but I thankfully have no co-morbidities. I just feel bad for the people I may have infected without knowing it.
  9. 2

Vaccines and Ski Plans

I am vaxxed and boosted, yet got Covid about a month ago. Don’t forget to ask your doctor when it’s safe to get boosted again. Don’t just follow the “guidance.” Getting a booster too soon after Covid can be dangerous. Here’s my anecdotal story. My case felt like seasonal allergies. Started...
  10. 2

I'm such a Jacket Slut!

That shop is around the corner from me! Really nice people!
  11. 2

Ski area count.

Update for 2022 Austria Wilder Kaiser Spieljoch - Fügen Hoch Zillertal Zillertal Arena Hintertux Glacier Gerlos Mayrhofen/Penken SnowSpace Salzburg - Wagrain, Flachau, & St. Johann Canada Blue Mountain, Ontario Horseshoe Valley, Ontario Mt. Tremblant, Québec Connecticut Mt. Southington...
  12. 2

Searching for solution snow cuff, inner cuff with thumb hole, wrist thingy, or DIY suggestion

Wearing them over your jacket and gloves is a good idea, too. Thanks!
  13. 2

Searching for solution snow cuff, inner cuff with thumb hole, wrist thingy, or DIY suggestion

Thanks for your research. I don’t have any old jackets to sacrifice or any shirts with thumb holes. I’m leaving for Austria before Amazon could get those to me. Looks like I’m going to wing it. You never know how much you need something until it’s gone.
  14. 2

I bought a new jacket and it doesn’t have a snow cuff or cuff with a thumb hole. I never realized how useful it was until it was missing. I have a gap and, in addition, my gloves don’t slide over my hand very well when I’m sweaty. Does someone make a wristlet or is there something I can...
  15. 2

Lenz heated socks

Did you know that the Lenz socks are mostly polyester? That could explain the horrible wear. I have used Hotronics for the last 12 seasons. I broke a wire 7 years ago and had it replaced by my boot fitter. I'm still on my first set of batteries. I turn on the boot heaters when I take the...
  16. 2

For real, this was in my inbox today.

Back in my college days, we called the knitted ones, “Zeke Warmers.” No idea why.
  17. 2

Best Ski Cars?

Did you see this? In case you are waiting for your new Audi or VW EV to arrive from overseas, you just may have to wait a little longer than they told you. You cannot put out an EV battery fire. Have to wait until the ship sinks to have enough water...
  18. 2

Who gets to ski? NYT article

Are we discussing crowding or inclusion? I was talking crowding and traffic issues. I’m not implying that the price is affordable to all, just to more people. Families don’t need to buy Spyder outfits and new equipment to try it out. In CT, a seasonal ski rental is around $100 for a child...