• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. B

Going Stockli: Can't decide Montero AS, AW vs Nela 80?

Would so very much like to do that! But unlikely.
  2. B

@TNtoTaos , good to hear. Salomon bindings have never been a problem for me before either, but as another petite-booted skier , I was a teeny bit curious about the difficulty of Lmk92. My new Montero AW arrived last week:wink:
  3. B

Help Needed: I am afraid of the bunny hill.

That. It's hard sometimes to remember !
  4. B

Skinnier Front Side Skis - Searching

That makes perfect sense. So true
  5. B

Skinnier Front Side Skis - Searching

For a Stockli girl, there's always the Laser MX!
  6. B

Anticipation. Great word for my situation. :booboo:
  7. B

Anyone want a lovely pair of Nela 8os? I just purchased the AW for 300 less than other retailers. Will not be able to ski them until next season.:cry:, I broke my arm 2 weeks ago.
  8. B

@TNtoTaos , Your impression of the AW makes me want to sell my Nela 80 for the added stiffness of the Montero.
  9. B

So, I love to hear how we all come to grips with these issues. I broke my arm two weeks ago skiing. Weird accident, and I'm out for the season. But I am very excited to get back out there, and until that day I won't know if trepidation will define that first run or not!
  10. B

Affordable ski towns

I am a passholder at Snowbowl. A two-hour drive from Prescott. And I ski regularly with a guy who grew up in Alaska!
  11. B

Looking for a goldilocks ski: low 80s, damp, lightweight, turny

You can consider the Stockli Nela 88 or 80. Its the ski you describe wanting.
  12. B

Low volume ski boots recommendation for slim feet?

Best boot I have ever had!!!! Went through several to find this. I wear a 21. However for me, this boot is quite easy to get into if it is warmed first. I have heated bag and rarely need the boothorn.
  13. B

Demoing tomorrow-starting with stockli laser mx’s

I have the MX. It is quite narrow for anything with lots of fresh snow.
  14. B

Seeking recommendations: men's baselayer top for long torso

At the holiday season I discovered a very nice line called VUORI. Looking for similar garment, I did notice the torso being on the long side. Fabric felt wonderful. Not on the lower end of the price spectrum, but It's a great baselayer product. Bought for DH.
  15. B

Sizing down extra in boots

PRICE should never be the foremost criterion when shopping for a boot. Settling for an " It'll work " fit into a boot with a lower pricetag, just puts you back where you started , costing double the original expense. A boot is supporting and leveraging the entire lower half of one's...
  16. B

This Deb Armstrong Video Transformed my Skiing!

This video was made when Deb was teaching at Taos, which was quite awhile ago; so we will all be curious @BlizzardBabe, to see if she has a conclusion to the hip movement revelation she and Scott were playing with back then.
  17. B

I'll give that a try! Headed up to Purgatory this week for a few days.
  18. B

LOL. so, what exactly does "open" mean to you? I still do not quite grasp that meaning as it has been explained different ways. I will say that last year I started my turns with the inside ski and that has been a wonderful change.
  19. B

@contesstant , Would you be able to describe how you moved your body and hips to feel this new sensation? I have always been confounded by all this hip movement talk from so many videos and instructors. And none of it has connected with my brain to translate into a specific move that would...
  20. B

Best way that I have gained confidence in similar circumstances was to relax and lower my expectations. No one is judging you or looking at you. It can take some time to develop trust, but that is what you need right now. The lesson is a great idea as you won't be alone fearing the worst...