• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. nopoleskier

Days you’ve been on snow 2023-2024

72--- Alyeska has been fabulous- love the zero altitude adjustment, steep trails, we had 15" fresh powder while here, amazing views, you can ski just about every where you look! Today was perfect spring snow- skied off the top til they closed the lift at 530! Definitely will be back.
  2. nopoleskier

I was there 2017 end of March. It was amazing!! Snowed every day on top 5-8". We hired a really cool young gal to guide us, had a blast in the bowls, accessed via 'the sweet spot" LOL it was hairy entrance to awesome snow and enjoyed plenty of sweet stashes in the trees! Loved the town too...
  3. nopoleskier

Skied my Age yesterday. 66. Alyeska.. what a MT. Had no idea where I was skiing on Day 65- probably a good thing.. it snowed all day- about 5" of fresh was glorious. Yes I was shocked yesterday morning when the clouds were gone and I could see where we were skiing.. Gotta like steep and not be...
  4. nopoleskier

I LOVE REVY!!! Great Mt!! Hope you hit 100 or 100+
  5. nopoleskier

Closing Dates, 2024

Hoping for a big storm this week so we can still ski late April- May!
  6. nopoleskier

Pass details and pricing 24/ 25- Ikon, Indy, Epic, MCP etc

I know a couple of ski clubs that get IKON discounts buying from the tour operator for instance ski.com. same base or renewal price as on the website but also get a bonus $50 off a group trip you take w/same tour operator.
  7. nopoleskier

Yes, paper calendar for me and I can track on my sports tracker app I use - Any day skiing is a better day than not :-)
  8. nopoleskier

I made a new account then got locked out of that one, yes I sent SOS to Rachel multiple times, no response so gave up :-(
  9. nopoleskier

I haven't been able to log in for years :-(
  10. nopoleskier

#57 yesterday back home at Gore, had a great February skied all but 7 travel days :-) started off March in Telluride- great skiing as always- Telluride rivals Taos in steeps and trees and superb groomers- easy to navigate the Mt too.. Now I'll ski the East until I head to the far NW for April...
  11. nopoleskier

Skinnier Front Side Skis - Searching

I just demo'd a bunch.. Blizzard Phoenix 14R was my favorite- the Thunderbird 15 (mens) was a tad stiffer. I have my cheat sheet at home, will report in when I get back home from Telluride if you're interested.
  12. nopoleskier

The Big Break

I am so sorry to hear this! It is an awful injury! I had no idea how bad this injury is in more ways than the broken bones until it happened to me. Mine was non surgical TPF 12/21/22 and yes I am skiing again. I had severely sprained lcl, lateral meniscus and blown up Achilles. The worse was...
  13. nopoleskier

New Blizzard Black Pearl 2025

I just demo'd them! I skied the 84.. in a 158- was tad short for me, but nice ski, solid, nice grip, playful. conditions were firm groomed turned into soft piles.. They did ski better than some of the previous models to me. Have fun!
  14. nopoleskier

Looking for a good ski for New England skiing

I LOVED the CX.. was like having roller blades on my feet- Unbelievable carvers! I used to have Cloud 11's I sold them to a young lady at my mt. they have a very small 'sweet' spot, not forgiving and have to be on edge. The CX were more fun. The MX was a nice ski (All Stockli's are nice IMO) I...
  15. nopoleskier

Last week of March

Not sure if mentioned, You'll need a park pass to drive on the national park highway. They do check for the pass in the parking lots at the ski areas. I forgot to put the pass on the dash at Sunshine and got a ticket! Easy fix. just showed the pass at the 'welcome' gate...
  16. nopoleskier

#43 Great ski week at Taos! Kachina Peak Opened, Lots of Trees, Steeps and bumps, and glorious SUNSHINE!!
  17. nopoleskier

Tell me about Alta?

Once you ski there you will join the Alta-holics Anonymous club. LOL.. it's a great Mountain for all abilities HAVE TOO MUCH FUN!!
  18. nopoleskier

Sizing down extra in boots

@SnowHot checked my foot out a couple of years ago, mine is pretty normal, high arch, wide toe area, since I've never been to a boot fitter, she was a wealth of knowledge, extremely interesting and super helpful. I had no idea the nuances that go into finding the right boot. I highly recommend...
  19. nopoleskier

#37 Park City.. was there for a week, Deer Valley day was only Sunshine we've seen. Yesterday was over a foot of powder- tad thick but still fun. Very flat light- seems to be worse for me as I age :-( I was missing my Sheeva 10's.. I guess I need a 3 ski sport tube, lol..
  20. nopoleskier

How many skis to own?

demo demo demo.. what one skier loves another dislikes. for instance.. I personally am not a volkl fan (too stiff and plankish for me) I love a ski that "pops" but then I've been skiing for decades, I can ski my Liberty 76's in piles of snow. My Renoun z90's are my 'buicks' they go anywhere-...