• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. P

Question: Volkl Blaze 86?

I skied mine when it was snowing close to 2 inches/hour at Alta (not an exaggeration). I *bounced* in the snow, which was amazing. For me, this length, width, and construction are a solid powder ski, and I've been fortunate to ski them in multiple powder days with good results. I also ski them...
  2. P

Question: Volkl Blaze 86?

@diymom I'm on the 2023 volkl blaze 94W (blue topsheet) in a 158cm length. 102lbs, usually. It's my western "soft snow" ski.
  3. P

Question: Post ACL surgery question

Hi! Welcome! I would actually go back to your PT and more specifically tell them your goals, etc., and ask what they (and your surgeon's protocol) think is appropriate for you. Depending on the graft you have for the reconstruction, you may feel better much sooner than when the graft has...
  4. P

Help with AT boot fit!

I do that with my xcbc boots. Not the over the socks part, but definitely on my feet. It seems to stick better than medical tape (doesn't roll).
  5. P

Requesting Advice: Best Resorts Seattle to Salt Lake City

I could be totally wrong, but I think among the Utah Ikon resorts, only Solitude does the "Buy Now, Ski Now" thing for new passholders, and I don't think Bachelor or Sun Valley offer it, either.
  6. P

Your Oddest Airplane Seatmate

Back when Virgin America existed, I flew it across the country, at night going east to west. The decor, if you never had the privilege of flying with them, was kind of club-ish, and the seat-back entertainment system had all the usual things for the 2000s as well as instant messaging between...
  7. P

I won the Southwest "Solarbration" Sweepstakes!

Wow! Do you need a hotel room in Austin (unclear from quickly reading to where you are actually flying)?? I will likely give mine up because (1) none of my friends got their acts together to coordinate anything and (2) it took so long that now a round trip flight to Austin is about $1000.
  8. P

Help after demoing skis—what other skis should I be considering?

It depends on your personality - are you the type of person who looks at everything on a menu and then chooses based on your entire universe of options, or do you look at a menu, see something, think "this looks great," and just go with it? I'm the latter. Based on what you've written, if I were...
  9. P

How to find your length and width?

So, in simplest terms, you're adult-sized, so you should be on adult skis. The Blizzard Rustler Team Jr skis are probably not too long for you. The 149 Mindbenders are likely too short. BUT, I think the width is appropriate. Tip crossing while moving in the lift line suggests an alignment issue...
  10. P

"Picking" a Tune

I've a 1/3 on my narrowest skis and 1/2 on all the rest, except for the fattest skis, which have the factory tune (no clue what that is!).
  11. P

Leg gaiters over snowboard pants when skiing?

Yeah, I sort of suspected that. :) Good luck!
  12. P

Leg gaiters over snowboard pants when skiing?

I've tried my gaiters on ski boots and found that they weren't large enough to go around the entire boot, or the stirrup wasn't long enough to go under the boot. I didn't buy them for the purpose of using with ski boots, so it should be possible to find some that are large enough to accommodate...
  13. P

Have Ripstick 94W, want something more edgey for frozen Sierra corduroy....

I think Tahoe skiers have had a 20-year bias towards fat skis that's only recently become less ridiculous and skinnier. If it helps in your thoughts any (or, maybe just adding more nonsense to consider), I ski a 67mm waist Jr. SL ski on firm days in Tahoe, so I like the way you are thinking wrt...
  14. P

How wide should a powder ski be for a short, lightweight skier?

It has a somewhat short radius, which makes it a nice option for people who like to rush their turns in powder lol
  15. P

How wide should a powder ski be for a short, lightweight skier?

I think the tip and tail rocker matters more than the width when skiing freshies/powder. The reality is that most resort runs are tracked out pretty quickly unless it's storming, so you also need something that can handle crud. Do try a wider ski. For me, over ~110 makes my stance really weird...
  16. P

Palisades (Tahoe)

I haven't been to Palisades since Xmas week, so I'm not sure how current conditions are. Most of the runs that have been suggested don't have trees that people would normally be skiing through. The area between Granite and Shirley has some, and the area past Olympic Lady (over by Tamara's) is...
  17. P

Pin Binding Recommendations

I've been in various forms of dynafits, but this weekend a brake spring broke, which I guess constitutes normal wear and tear. My boots have triangles where the holes are, so it's been pretty easy lining up and clicking in the toes. I'm with you, though; not sure which pin bindings are next.
  18. P

New Zipfit Liner Diary

I got my first pair this past May, and getting them on and off started out very comically, but at least it was warm. My tactic now is to throw the shells into the passenger footwell if I don't have passenger and have the floor heating on as I go to the mountain. I am somewhat dialed right now...
  19. P

Palisades (Tahoe)

I think it's rated black to keep people who are barely intermediates from taking KT to say they rode KT. It's more an access track than a ski run, imho, kind of like the track off Sibo to the right off the lift, or to the right/front off of Headwall.
  20. P

Palisades (Tahoe)

Saddle has a cat track vibe, but if you go straight past groomer instead of turning, there can be some nice ungroomed terrain in the area (Enchanted Forest) before the slope starts to go uphill again. I tend to go on Saddle only to get to Headwall as fast as possible from the base. The descent...