• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. SkiBam

Tignes/Val d'Isère

Thanks! Looking forward to trying the Ripstick. Think I mentioned in another thread that I fell in love with the K2 Mindbender 89Wti (or something like that). We'll see how these compare. I realize I just LOVE trying different skis!
  2. SkiBam

Tignes/Val d'Isère

Wow. You know as much as I about our trip! Yes, staying at Hotel Montana. Photos look great and from what you say it's in a great location. I'll take a look at the webcame when it's daylight. I think we flew through Lyon on a previous Rod Roy trip - I believe to Trois Vallées. I plan to travel...
  3. SkiBam

Tignes/Val d'Isère

I'm off on a week-long trip to Tignes/Val d'Isère on Friday. Trip organized by Rod Roy Snow Schools - so once one is at the airport there's pretty much nothing more to think about! But I'm just wondering if anyone has been in this area recently (or ever - I haven't) or has any...
  4. SkiBam

TR Grand Targhee, Big Sky, Bridger, March 2024

Oooh, I'm so wishing I had been there! Last time there I skied with Skisailor - so I have bittersweet memories of Big Sky!
  5. SkiBam

TR Grand Targhee, Big Sky, Bridger, March 2024

Thanks for the great report, marzNC. I so well remember our trip back in (can't even remember the year) to GT, Bridger, Big Sky and the Alta. Wonderful memories indeed.
  6. SkiBam

Frontside & moguls - what should be on my demo list?

I rarely can report on skis but am at Big White this week and didn’t bring my own skis. For what it’s worth I‘m under 5 ft - 105 lb, advanced skier (but old!). At Tremblant I ski on Head Super Joy and Volkl Yumi. The Heads are fine but I LOVE the Yumis. So, on Monday this week I rented the...
  7. SkiBam

Skiing's Gender Gap Widens with Age

The group I ski with fairly regularly is now more women than men. The women are all in their 70s (or a bit above that or below). We've just lost one of our guys (88 and seriously ill), and our youngest, a guy who just turned 60, is out with a fractured tibial plateau. So it's mostly just the...
  8. SkiBam

Any snow anywhere East?

Well, I was pretty pleased to see a bit of snow on the ground here in the Laurentians when I returned from Ontario the other day (not a flake there). But by "a bit" I mean "a bit" though was again pleased to see about 2 cm of new snow yesterday morning. At least it's white out my door, and cold...
  9. SkiBam

Foot pain - ball of foot

When I say "heel" I mean the back part of the sole of the foot (pretty much the red section in the image above). Due to the ankle arthritis, I've been working on strengthening this area: raise up on toes, then lower (but not so that it hurts); balance on this foot; and using an elastic. The heel...
  10. SkiBam

Foot pain - ball of foot

I'm dealing with foot pain as well. Part of the problem is arthritis in my ankle (broke that ankle in my 20s and the doc says that could be causing problems). I've been doing exercises for this, but now seem to also have pain on bottom of heel. Is that from plantar fasciitis? This foot has...
  11. SkiBam

Tire Chains? Do you have them for YOUR car/truck?

Here in Quebec we have no choice about whether or not to use snow tires. It's the law as of December 1 until (I think) mid March. We get a lot of snow here but I don't think I've ever seen anyone with chains (well, there are no big mountains either!). I have a feeling studded tires are allowed...
  12. SkiBam

Shingrix vaccine

I had a bad case of shingles some years ago - followed by a very very bad case of postherpetic neuralgia. I would strongly strongly recommend the vaccine.
  13. SkiBam

RFID is not created equally

I used to have it so easy! I use two passes fairly regularly: The Tremblant one was attached to my jacket pocket and was hand scanned. The other (for Saint Sauveur and other local hills) was in the handy pocket on my jacket sleeve so I just sort of vaguely waved my arm around and the gate would...
  14. SkiBam

The Ski Diva + SkiTalk Ski Review Sharing Partnership

The world is made for average-sized people. Ask me how I know. Sigh.
  15. SkiBam

4'9" and 86 lbs - suggestions for light, soft, flexible skis

Well, I'm a similar height but about 20 lbs heavier so I think that would make a big difference in how one feels on a particular ski. I'm an advanced skier and seem happiest on a ski around 147 - 149 or so. I've never been particularly happy on a shorter ski. As others have suggested, look at...
  16. SkiBam

Fraudulent ski pass use

I have to confess to doing the "jacket swapping" thing when kids were young. I'm embarrassed about that now. But maybe it wasn't my hubby and I who did it (not the same size at all so don't remember how that could have worked - plus this was a very long time ago) but rather the two kids. Just...
  17. SkiBam

Shingrix vaccine

I always understood you could only get shingles if you have HAD chickenpox. So why is the shingles vaccine recommended if you're never had chickenpox? (Just trying to understand)
  18. SkiBam

Thoughts on this situation ?

Gosh, I taught all my grandchildren how to ski. At the time (if I can recall that distant past) I might have been an instructor somewhere but not at the resort we were at. I also occasionally gave informal lessons - more like tips - to a friend (but, again, not when I was an instructor at that...
  19. SkiBam

Good bootfitter/ski shop in or around Montréal?

I've never used Austrian Ski Shop though I know many people who have and say it's good. My last at least four pairs of boots have come from the shop at Mont Habitant. They have served me extremely well.
  20. SkiBam

Golf Divas?

As most of you know I am not a big person! I bought a set of clubs years ago - they're ladies clubs. Saw a fitter a couple of years ago and he cut all of them and put new grips that better fit my little hands. Is my golf wonderful? I have to admit it is not, but it IS better with clubs that...