• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. VickiK

I won the Southwest "Solarbration" Sweepstakes!

The premonition you had is awesome, worthy of sharing!
  2. VickiK

Question: NM Divas

Have a great trip, @Jenny !!
  3. VickiK

Photo of the day

Hope to ski at Snowbowl one of these winters!
  4. VickiK

Do I need an intervention?

Skiing trumps laundry and being mad with your partner.
  5. VickiK

Pass details and pricing 24/ 25- Ikon, Indy, Epic, MCP etc

I've never heard of a ski club partnering with the Ikon Pass. Is BSSC a really big club? My ski club is about 90-100 members. Most of the members will buy the Ikon Pass for access to Mammoth/June & the 3 Big Bear area resorts. We do 3-4 mid-week trips to Mammoth and 1 out-of-state trip annually...
  6. VickiK

The Big Break

@Kathy Bennett I'm so sorry this happened to you. Tagging @2ski2moro here because she too had a TPF not long. Reading the stories of courage and perservance here is effing amazing. What a compilation of passion and drive. Thank you to you all who've are sharing your stories.
  7. VickiK

Affordable ski towns

If skiing is re-defined as cross-country skiing, there'd be more choices!
  8. VickiK

Skinnier Front Side Skis - Searching

"Seek and ye shall find"
  9. VickiK

Skinnier Front Side Skis - Searching

"172 - 176 width range", I think you mean 72-76mm? Length-wise, maybe 158-163cm? I have the Fischer My Curv ski in a 163cm length. It's a 68mm waist. It is more damp than poppy. Very stable, you don't get bounced around. Great for carving on groomed runs. Too long for me to be comfortable in...
  10. VickiK

New Blizzard Black Pearl 2025

or low to mid 150
  11. VickiK

Going Stockli: Can't decide Montero AS, AW vs Nela 80?

@badger - oh no! not to be jokey about your arm, but I think of that old ketchup commercial with Carly Simon's Anticipation playing in the background. Best wishes for a smooth and complete recovery. @TNtoTaos - firstly I apologize for being so tardy about texting you & R. back. I am so excited...
  12. VickiK

Haute route?

Sounds like an incredible voyage, @Montanasnowflake , I hope you do a trip report on this site afterward.
  13. VickiK

This Deb Armstrong Video Transformed my Skiing!

Going back to the Pilates neutral spine & imprinted spine concepts, it seems like the latter is the same as the 'push the bush' concept, i.e. a slight posterior pelvic tilt. Edit: lots of great content in this thread, it'll take a while to get through & process it.
  14. VickiK

How many jacket and pant do you own?

4 pants and 6 jackets (2 of which are for sale)
  15. VickiK

Question: NM Divas

@vanhoskier
  16. VickiK

Sizing down extra in boots

My worst boot was bought at REI*, my best boots were fit by master boot fitters**. Current boots were bought on Backcountry dot com on sale. I'm lucky having relatively problem-free feet, so they're ok, but next time I'll go to a master boot fitter. *recreational fit, as defined above...
  17. VickiK

Mammoth Ski Resort 2023-2024

Girl time big time!
  18. VickiK

Ski Movies with a Plot

It is
  19. VickiK

Diva West @ Steamboat, Trip Report and Photos

Gorgeous photos—thank you for sharing—aside from travel issues, looks like a great trip!