• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Search results

1. Skier31

Boots/injury/ frustration help

FWIW, I also wear a size 10 shoe and am in 25.5. boots.
  2. Skier31

What is the best way to improve, when you can only ski 1 or 2 days a year.

One of the things that I used during my four hour journey was an external cue of keeping my heel pieces of my binding behind my hips. At first, the seem very strange, and it involved a bit of turning around and looking to make sure it was happening. I started out on green runs, and when I could...
  3. Skier31

I would be willing to do a 2 day clinic in the early season. I can teach at any resort in Colorado. People can book me through the Aspen Ski School. If Several people split a private lesson, it can be very cost-effective.
  4. Skier31

Many resorts have lessons. Sadly, there are lots of instructors with varying skill levels in terms of teaching. I am not trying to disparage anyone. I have been fortunate enough to train with several excellent instructors, all of whom have been examiners in the Rocky mountain region. Proper ski...
  5. Skier31

Great ideas in the above posts. I am an instructor. I teach in the Bumps for Boomers program at Aspen. Many of the people I work with have skied for a long time and are uncomfortable in bumps and steeps. One of the most common issues that we encounter is people who are skiing in the...
  6. Skier31

Reality check: as a beginner, how good will I get eventually?

I don't know where you live but if it would be possible for you to do a 3 day or more women's clinic next season, that could help quite a bit. Getting the right instruction combined with mileage can expedite your competency quickly.
  7. Skier31

I did a thing: 2100 miles by bike across Europe

Wow! Fabulous!
  8. Skier31

Ideas for a Women's Camp

As an instructor, video, used appropriately is incredibly helpful. Students can view at home and slow it down and see the movements discussed. video can be done efficiently where it does not take significant time. Many people need to see what they are doing as opposed to being told what they...
  9. Skier31

Tell me about teaching

I started teaching part time at age 35. It has been a blast. I love the community, the clinics and my locker! Teaching has helped my skiing improve tremendously. I also met my husband through teaching. I would not want to do it full time or depend on it for income.
  10. Skier31

Ideas for a Women's Camp

I email students a summary after every lesson!
  11. Skier31

Ideas for a Women's Camp

Challenge them! Work on skills on comfortable terrain and continue to dial it up. Lots of mileage and showing them that the stuff works everywhere!
  12. Skier31

Passed my Level 2 PSIA exam -- Woo Hoo!

Awesome! Who were your examiners? I am a fellow RM Level 2. - working towards 3.
  13. Skier31

Please educate me on skiing near Denver?

I live in Colorado. In April, your best bets are Loveland, A-Basin or Breck. Loveland is an hour drive from Denver with A Basin and Breck a bit farther. You could stay in Silverthorne or Dillon and choose the place with the best conditions. There is the Snowstang from Denver - not sure where...
  14. Skier31

On the hunt for a soft tipped carving capable 84 to 90 inch waist ski for steeps and bumps

I normally ski on 170ish skis which are 71 wide. The Kastles are 152.
  15. Skier31

On the hunt for a soft tipped carving capable 84 to 90 inch waist ski for steeps and bumps

I love the Kastle DX 85. I bought them short to teach a bump clinic where participants are encouraged to ski shorter skis. I love these skis! I am 5’8 and 145. They ski great. Carve nice, great in bumps and pow. Love these for teaching.
  16. Skier31

Preparing for a MLK week ski trip to Colorado with 8 yo

Snowmass is a fabulous mountain. Many blues and some nice blacks. It is a large mountain and rarely crowded. It takes several days to No reason to go to Buttermilk if you only have a few days. There is an ice rink at the base of Snowmass. Limelight has great pizza. I teach at Snowmass...
  17. Skier31

Body position help

Agree with SkiBam. Sounds like you need a great bootfitter!
  18. Skier31

What are your goals for the 2022-2023 ski season?

Rock the bumps!!
  19. Skier31

Learning to ski in mid 40's?

I am an ski instructor and have taught several ladies who knew how to snowboard. They all picked skiing up quickly. They were all skiing blue runs on the first day. You will do great.