• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Leki trigger poles

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The pair I just bought is called Stella S
You can use the 3D or the S gloves with the S poles.
The 3D poles have a slightly bigger trigger that doesn't quite fit easily on the S loops on the straps that come with the poles and the gloves.

As for the gloves, they are incredibly well made and come in a variety of warmth(s). I have the Glace Mitten for the coldest of days and absolutely love it.

So, when you need to replace your gloves, take a look at the Leki gloves/mittens.

Here is an article I wrote about the Leki Trigger

We also have Youtube shorts about how to use the Leki Trigger system.

snowskier53

Diva in Training
I have had mine since 2013, and have never looked back. LOVE THEM! I agree with the arthritic fingers, thumb and being able to wear my wonderful Swany mittens with them. Lekis have definitely worked for me.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have had mine since 2013, and have never looked back. LOVE THEM! I agree with the arthritic fingers, thumb and being able to wear my wonderful Swany mittens with them. Lekis have definitely worked for me.

I wore Swany mittens prior to getting the Leki Griffon. Then I got the Glace and WOW!
This is my quiver of gloves/mittens prior to getting the Glace.
(The Griffon Mittens are pictured here)
2935e5f6-dde0-4330-a4d4-7e18e9273e14-jpg.147064

Here is a picture of me wearing my Glace Mitts
They're big and fluffy and cozy. I haven't used one chemical warming pack since I got them.

IMG_6529.jpeg

MissySki

Angel Diva
I wore Swany mittens prior to getting the Leki Griffon. Then I got the Glace and WOW!

They're big and fluffy and cozy. I haven't used one chemical warming pack since I got them.

View attachment 19274
Curious how they stack up to others. My go to super warm mitt currently is the Hestra Extreme. Sometimes I can actually go without hand warmers, but not always. I mostly ski in Maine though and it can be brutally cold.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva

View attachment 19274
Cute ski outfit too.

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Curious how they stack up to others. My go to super warm mitt currently is the Hestra Extreme. Sometimes I can actually go without hand warmers, but not always. I mostly ski in Maine though and it can be brutally cold.
I've skied exclusively in Hestra with only one pair of Swany for my primary gloves and mittens for several years. The exception is when I get the occasional glove or mitten from someone in the industry that wants me to try something.
The Leki mittens and gloves I've had have stacked up to the best of anyting I've every worn.
I will say, with my retro history, I do like my Rossignol spring gloves for looks and passion in the industry

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
I've skied exclusively in Hestra with only one pair of Swany for my primary gloves and mittens for several years. The exception is when I get the occasional glove or mitten from someone in the industry that wants me to try something.
The Leki mittens and gloves I've had have stacked up to the best of anyting I've every worn.
I will say, with my retro history, I do like my Rossignol spring gloves for looks and passion in the industry
Which of the Leki gloves you tried were the warmest ? I tend to not like any mit. Gives me claustrophobic feeling..... Thanks

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Which of the Leki gloves you tried were the warmest ? I tend to not like any mit. Gives me claustrophobic feeling..... Thanks
I like a mitten so I'm not sure if the Griffon glove is warm enough, but for me it's plenty warm until I want a mitten.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
I like a mitten so I'm not sure if the Griffon glove is warm enough, but for me it's plenty warm until I want a mitten.

View attachment 19274
What is your personal experience comparing to using the straps that come with the poles vs using the Leki gloves/mittons by hooking up to the triggers?

Last edited:

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
You can use the 3D or the S gloves with the S poles.
The 3D poles have a slightly bigger trigger that doesn't quite fit easily on the S loops on the straps that come with the poles and the gloves.

As for the gloves, they are incredibly well made and come in a variety of warmth(s). I have the Glace Mitten for the coldest of days and absolutely love it.

So, when you need to replace your gloves, take a look at the Leki gloves/mittens.

Here is an article I wrote about the Leki Trigger

We also have Youtube shorts about how to use the Leki Trigger system.

Please disregard my question. I just noticed you had a review attached above⬆️⬆️⬆️

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
What is your personal experience comparing to using the straps that come with the poles vs using the Leki gloves/mittons by hooking up to the triggers?

Please disregard my question. I just noticed you had a review attached above⬆️⬆️⬆️
The easy answer is, "less drama going on"
...Especially on my left hand which is where I wear a watch.
The loop in the mitten/glove works the same as the strap, however, I found myself fiddling with the left strap a bit because ...
Base layer cuff
Midlayer cuff
Jacket Cuff
Glove cuff
...all of which go over my watch.

But that may just be me being a fiddler. ;)

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Mudgirl630
Coincidently our overview of the Leki Trigger system just went live on YT

*You'll even see an appearance from Gypsy, our dog.
We ended up adding her to the credits as our security detail :smile:

Last edited:

MissySki

Angel Diva
The loop in the mitten/glove works the same as the strap, however, I found myself fiddling with the left strap a bit because ...
Base layer cuff
Midlayer cuff
Jacket Cuff
Glove cuff

I personally always prefer a long gauntlet on my mittens and gloves, so they go well over my outer layer/jacket sleeve. So in my case, I don’t get any fiddling with any of my layers due to the straps at all. And I wear an apple watch under everything on the left side.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
Base layer cuff
Midlayer cuff
Jacket Cuff
Glove cuff

Thank you.

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
@Mudgirl630
Coincidently our overview of the Leki Trigger system just went live on YT

*You'll even see an appearance from Gypsy, our dog.
We ended up adding her to the credits as our security detail :smile:
Love it! No one is a bigger doggie lover!
I volunteer as a spay/neuter coordinator with a large organization jn Atlanta also. I have two little Rescue girls.

Attachments

• IMG_20220926_122854_365.jpg
    IMG_20220926_122854_365.jpg
    654.4 KB · Views: 3

Mudgirl630

Angel Diva
I personally always prefer a long gauntlet on my mittens and gloves, so they go well over my outer layer/jacket sleeve. So in my case, I don’t get any fiddling with any of my layers due to the straps at all. And I wear an apple watch under everything on the left side.
My new Leki poles are in Colorado. I am not there l, but started to see sales in Leki gloves/mittens. I was not thinking about buying any of them before that since I have a small mountain of gloves and mittens. But started to wonder if I would like to get the trigger gloves/mittens. Hmmmmmmm.
Thanks for your imput.

empogo

Certified Ski Diva
Pulled the trigger (lol pun unintended but I like it) on the last pair of in-stock Stella S poles I could find online-- tried to buy locally, but they only had pairs that were much too long for me.

I was totally fine with the straps that go over gloves last spring with my borrowed Leki S poles, but found them really unwieldily with thicker gloves/mittens. So still looking for the perfect Leki gloves. I have weird hands-- short fingers and thumbs, short palms... but wide palms. So mens are ALWAYS too big and women's are usually too narrow if the fingers fit and too long if the palm fits.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna