• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm such a Jacket Slut!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Those pants are very cute.

Annddd...I bought the jacket! Thanks for all your comments and compliments.

Barbara

newboots

Angel Diva
I need a shell jacket. I was at the old ski shop in Ludlow, VT, but the only shell jackets left there were either too small or $$Arcteryx$$!
I shall return to this thread soon (probably repeatedly!) over the summer as I venture into a jacket purchase. Also need to re-waterproof my present jacket, now that I’ve gotten soaked in it twice, this last time in that spring snowstorm at Killington. Will keep you all updated! Hah!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
I just happened to mention it to my DH today and he is pleased for me. Yay!

If I receive it by tomorrow I just might be able to wear it on Monday and Tuesday as Mammoth is predicting several days of 30° weather.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Received the jacket today just in time to wear it in 36° temps tomorrow at Mammoth. Then it gets an honored spot in my closet to await next season.

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Saw this for cheap (~usd$45) and nabbed it, figuring I'd just sell it on if I didn't like it. It's an old model Flylow "Masala" jacket. In purple! My main ski shell is teal. I'm a fan of bright colours :smile:

1620595200267.png

It must have been made as a backcountry jacket as it doesn't have a sleeve pass pocket. A few of the non commercial ski areas near me don't use RFID anyway though so not a huge deal. I can put my RFID pass in my pants pocket or one of the handwarmer pockets and do the gate dance/wiggle at my main ski area if I want to wear it there :smile:

The most interesting thing about them is that the internal pockets don't look very big but actually go all the way down:

1620595379178.png

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Saw this for cheap (~usd$45) and nabbed it, figuring I'd just sell it on if I didn't like it. It's an old model Flylow "Masala" jacket. In purple! My main ski shell is teal. I'm a fan of bright colours :smile:

View attachment 15858

It must have been made as a backcountry jacket as it doesn't have a sleeve pass pocket. A few of the non commercial ski areas near me don't use RFID anyway though so not a huge deal. I can put my RFID pass in my pants pocket or one of the handwarmer pockets and do the gate dance/wiggle at my main ski area if I want to wear it there :smile:

The most interesting thing about them is that the internal pockets don't look very big but actually go all the way down:

View attachment 15859
Ooh, I love it! Regarding the lack of pass pocket, an armband phone pouch for running works reasonably well as a RFID pouch so you don't have to do the wiggle.

elemmac

Angel Diva
Ooh, I love it! Regarding the lack of pass pocket, an armband phone pouch for running works reasonably well as a RFID pouch so you don't have to do the wiggle.

Stop spreading this useful information! I love watching people do the wiggle at the RFID gates. :becky:

Side note: I really want to place a GoPro at the gates at my local resort and make a YouTube montage of people wiggling about.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly