• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Helly Hansen and North Face gear recommendations

COcanuck

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Thinking about the Fly Low roxy bibs... Anyone have experience with those?
Yes I know a bit of a thread derail as not TNF or HH.

lol, no worries, I was thinking I should just start a "bibs" thread! I haven't tried any of the other Flylow bibs but will give a report on the Moxie's once I get them!

I was also looking at the "Trew" line....but wasn't sold on the colors for this season.

I actually wound up using my HH discount code for Lifa Merino wool for my daughter and I got a new raincoat for next year, didn't really need anything else!

elemmac

Angel Diva
Thinking about the Fly Low roxy bibs... Anyone have experience with those?

The Foxy bib is a “flattering” fit, whereas the Moxie is a relaxed fit. I normally wear a medium bottom, and found the Foxy to be too snug in the hips and thighs. The large fit, but were about 6 inches too long for me. I haven’t actually tried on the Moxie, but it’s supposed to be more roomy.

COcanuck

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
The Foxy bib is a “flattering” fit, whereas the Moxie is a relaxed fit. I normally wear a medium bottom, and found the Foxy to be too snug in the hips and thighs. The large fit, but were about 6 inches too long for me. I haven’t actually tried on the Moxie, but it’s supposed to be more roomy.

That's why I ordered the Moxie, as someone with more "athletic" thighs, I figured the Foxy would be a problem...however, I think the Foxy has "short" lengths from what I saw on their website? I always thought it was silly that there wasn't length differences for the women's sizing in terms of some bibs and pants. Maybe @ski diva should start up a clothing line!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Hmm well I'm definitely on the petite side but am quite long waisted (ugh) so one piece things can be weird on me.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
lol, no worries, I was thinking I should just start a "bibs" thread! I haven't tried any of the other Flylow bibs but will give a report on the Moxie's once I get them!

I was also looking at the "Trew" line....but wasn't sold on the colors for this season.

I actually wound up using my HH discount code for Lifa Merino wool for my daughter and I got a new raincoat for next year, didn't really need anything else!
BF has Trew jacket and loves it.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Does anyone know how Helly Hansen fits in comparison to North Face tops? The gift options from my company this holiday season include some Helly Hansen jackets, but I’ve never tried the brand on. I’m usually a small in jackets, but this heavily depends on how the shoulders and arm length fit as I have wide shoulders and long arms for my height. North face jackets fit me great in a small.

Peppermint

Angel Diva
I have a HH Powderqueen 2.0 jacket and I love it if you want to get an extra jacket. Its perfect with a base layer for normal days and I wear an insulated vest underneath on cold days. Great jacket

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I bought (and have put up for sale) the HH Snowstar jacket and think the medium in this model runs slightly large, but in a good way. I’m not into layering, so if someone likes to wear thick or multiple layers and maybe a vest, this particular HH design would accommodate.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I bought (and have put up for sale) the HH Snowstar jacket and think the medium in this model runs slightly large, but in a good way. I’m not into layering, so if someone likes to wear thick or multiple layers and maybe a vest, this particular HH design would accommodate.

I love the color of the one you posted! I'm like you with not being one for large layers though, so I'm usually a small as well.

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I love the color of the one you posted! I'm like you with not being one for large layers though, so I'm usually a small as well.
Thanks. I agree the color is amazing. I ordered the same color jacket in my correct size because it’s just that pretty. Not bubble gum pink, not neon, it’s just right!

Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna