• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski Diva Pilates class

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Works for me. I'm WFH and will book out the time on work calendar. The organization is being super flexible about employees needing to take time out of the day to go food hunting, take breaks, etc.

Tvan

Angel Diva
I can likely make 12 noon work, although probably not this week due to scheduled meetings. I have zoom, so no issue there. Am I correct that we need to set up an account at Providence Pilates center?

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I can likely make 12 noon work, although probably not this week due to scheduled meetings. I have zoom, so no issue there. Am I correct that we need to set up an account at Providence Pilates center?

You are correct. You can wait, if you want until you are ready to book a class. It all should go pretty seamlessly.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm hoping to offer a class this week. I'll be back with the final time after I consult with the studio.

While you are waiting, here is a link to videos of a number of Pilates exercises, both on and off equipment. Don't be intimidated since it's teachers who are demonstrating! If it doesn't seem hard enough (then you're not doing it right :becky:) there are progressions for that! https://www.providencepilatescenter.com/videos

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'll test the placement of my computer so that you can see all of me clearly on the mat. I've done this for other online workouts with trainers. How fun! Thanks for putting this together, @Abbi . :smile:

On a related note, this weekend I participated in an online knitting bee, conducted on Zoom, and it was quite fun.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have an technical problem. IF I make the class 'closed', you can't register yourselves online. I would have to put you in/take you out. I'd like to avoid that to simplify my life (of course) and for you all to be in immediate control of your end.

I don't have a large group of clients who'd be jumping in (go away all winter ....) but I wanted to mention this. I have the impression we are a pretty forgiving group but .... THOUGHTS? I'll take answers for a couple of hours and guess from that. Thanks, Divas!:smile:

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
I have an technical problem. IF I make the class 'closed', you can't register yourselves online. I would have to put you in/take you out. I'd like to avoid that to simplify my life (of course) and for you all to be in immediate control of your end.

I don't have a large group of clients who'd be jumping in (go away all winter ....) but I wanted to mention this. I have the impression we are a pretty forgiving group but .... THOUGHTS? I'll take answers for a couple of hours and guess from that. Thanks, Divas!:smile:

This may be a dumb question, but how would your clients know about it if you didn’t tell them about it?

Last edited:

MissySki

Angel Diva
I’m okay with whatever is easiest for you/us.

Question on the zoom part, where is the best place to have the video coming from? Floor level, or on something raised up? From the side or in front? Etc.?

In the yoga class I’ve been doing we don’t use client video because there are like 300 people joining these classes so the instructors could never check everyone out anyway.

VickiK

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm guessing that the MindBody that manages class enrollment would show the class and anyone with an account at Providence Pilates could sign up.

I’m okay with whatever is easiest for you/us too.

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
This may be a dumb question, but how would your clients know about it if you didn’t tell them about it?

there are no stupid questions! And Missy is correct. If it’s open it shows available to anyone. My clients aren’t signing up now because one stayed in Alabama indefinitely and the other is probably not looking online yet. Although she’s wonderful, you’d like her! Cheryl, who oens the studio, and I agree the likelihood of anyone else signing up is minimal.

Last edited by a moderator:

Abbi

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
OK, we are set up as an open class and it’s available now. You can go through the Providence Pilates site: www.providencepilatescenter.com and find “book a class”. That shows up in slightly different places based on Apple versus Android versus Windows. But it should be easy to find. You sign up through Mindbody. You are required to fill out a waiver and provide payment information. For this session only it will be free! I wanted totally inexperienced people to have a taste of Pilates and anyone else to join in. You also need to download the Zoom app for whatever you choose to use for taking class. I like a bigger screen myself, although I only listen, not watch when I’m working out.

So join in on Thursday, April 2, at noon EST. A reminder should go out the day before. We do that as there is a 24 hour cancellation policy. Studio requirement.

This will be my first time teaching vs taking lessons so be gentle with me! I can’t answer general questions here or you can private message me and I can deal directly with what you need. I’m looking forward to this, I hope you are too!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna