• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Ski Bindings for Volkl Auras

NWSkiGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Hello! I just bought a new pair of Volkl Aura 163 skis, and I need to buy bindings to match. The skis are all rocker/no camber, 100 waist, and two sheets of metal. They're heavy skis. I'm 5'4" and weigh about 128 pounds.

Can someone please suggest a binding? From what I've read I can buy a 100 mm binding to match - can you confirm the bindings don't have to be wider than the skis?

I'm currently an advanced skier who's moving into skiing double diamonds.

I'm considering the Marker Griffin 13 ID, the Marker Squire 11 ID, and also the Salomon Z10 Ti because it's lightweight.

Thanks in advance, and hope everyone's staying safe and sane out there!

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm your exact size. I run marker Squires on my skis 87 to 116 width. Many Divas don't like Squires or Griffins. I like Squires bc they are light and I dont have step in issues that others have. They work for me. I'm sure others will have additional suggestions. ie Attack. I'm not sure how heavy or burly the ski is - maybe you want the Griffins?

What do you have on your current skis?

SkiGAP

Angel Diva
I had the Marker Griffons on another set of skis and liked them, but I believe there are divas that find them difficult to get in and out of, I believe when packed with snow.

I used to have the Marker Free 12.0s on my Auras, then swapped them out some years ago. They are now at a shop (in quarantine) to have the Frees put back on. Not sure the modern version but mine are these from 10+ years ago.

1585116705171.png

marzNC

Angel Diva
Can someone please suggest a binding? From what I've read I can buy a 100 mm binding to match - can you confirm the bindings don't have to be wider than the skis?

I'm currently an advanced skier who's moving into skiing double diamonds.

I'm considering the Marker Griffin 13 ID, the Marker Squire 11 ID, and also the Salomon Z10 Ti because it's lightweight.
Although have heard the Marker bindings are okay, I prefer other brands as a petite skier. Put Look Pivots on a pair of powder skis that I bought from another Diva this season. The previous owner also had Look Pivots. I think the brakes the shop had on hand were 105mm and the skis are 106mm. They just bent the brakes a little. Worked fine.

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For any Aura fans, I saw a few pairs on the used sale rack at Lone Mountain Sports in Big Sky MT. I don’t think they sell their old demo fleet online so worth a call to confirm and inquire.

NWSkiGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
For any Aura fans, I saw a few pairs on the used sale rack at Lone Mountain Sports in Big Sky MT. I don’t think they sell their old demo fleet online so worth a call to confirm and inquire.

I was lucky to find the 2018 Auras in new condition on eBay! :-) I love the ski and needed to get a new pair.

NWSkiGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm your exact size. I run marker Squires on my skis 87 to 116 width. Many Divas don't like Squires or Griffins. I like Squires bc they are light and I dont have step in issues that others have. They work for me. I'm sure others will have additional suggestions. ie Attack. I'm not sure how heavy or burly the ski is - maybe you want the Griffins?

What do you have on your current skis?

Thanks for the info! It's a heavy ski. I currently have the Salomon Z10 bindings, but I read it's for intermediate skiers. Otherwise I would go with those again.

NWSkiGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I had the Marker Griffons on another set of skis and liked them, but I believe there are divas that find them difficult to get in and out of, I believe when packed with snow.

I used to have the Marker Free 12.0s on my Auras, then swapped them out some years ago. They are now at a shop (in quarantine) to have the Frees put back on. Not sure the modern version but mine are these from 10+ years ago.

View attachment 12602

Thanks, and good to know about the Markers!

HikenSki

Angel Diva
If you liked your Z10s, but want something a bit sturdier, how about the Z12's?
When doing my research for bindings for my Kores, I read a lot of reviews for the Z12s to avoid them when going above 90mm waist. I have them on my 88s and like them but I guess the way they are built they are best for skis below 90. If you want to stick with Salomons, the Wardens get lots of good reviews. I didn't care for them when I demoed last year, just something about how they felt clicking in.

I put Tyrolia Attack 12s on my Kores, my husband put Attack 13s on his Kendos. Their weight isn't bad and they are super easy to click into and out of. The 12s only come in white but are a hair lighter weight than the 13s.

NWSkiGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Does anyone know if I can "demo" bindings in the stores? There is a lot of discussion on whether people like clicking in and out of theirs...

marzNC

Angel Diva
I think you're right about the DIN settings, but then I was reading more advanced bindings keep you closer to the ground? I can't believe how much thought has to go into bindings!
One reason I the first couple pairs of skis I bought came with "system bindings." They work essentially the same as "demo bindings." Just means that changing the distance between the toe and heel pieces is very simple. With fixed bindings, can only handle boots that are within perhaps one size without having to remove the bindings and re-drill. So skis with system or demo bindings can be a little easier to sell later on.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna