• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

New ski suggestions?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Would be interested in your opinon of rip stick 88. Have you tried SA 93 yet?

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
@WaterGirl wait, you’re looking for 85ish, but didn’t you get Armada Victa 87 last year?? And was demo at mammoth? I demoed the Mindbender 88 on little pow day at Bogus Basin Couple weeks ago. I think I liked it but didn't have enough time on it and to try in 163 because DH led us down trees that ended nowhere and we had to walk 20 minutes to the lift! And we literally did the exact same thing last year! :doh:
Il take your SA 93 off your hands if they're 161

Sandrinjo

Certified Ski Diva
@Sparky I do have Armada Victa 87 Ti @ 163 and after today I think they are perfect for my intended use which was: skills and drills / easy on knees / zoomer groomer carvers. While they have performed in conditions they were not meant for and held up admirably I wish they were a bit longer. Anotherwords they limit out (for me) in terrain I usually ski which is terrain I would not necessarily be working on skills.

So yes, Im looking for a unicorn.

Btw I realize the Fischers I tried were 2021 mens ? Lol I liked them not just bc they were pink, they were very compliant for a 102.

Mr. Sparkey does like tree runs! See there are reasons to have a back country set up ....
Did you happen to demo Santa Ana 93? I own victas 87 in 163cm and i am 5’4”. Like you i wish they were a bit longer.
i was just offered a great deal on santa anas 93 that is hard to pass and am wondering how different are they then the victas?

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Sandrinjo I think I tried the 88s.
Not for me. I have specific wants more of a "no new" snow frontside ski that can play off piste and be compliant for skills and drills.
Looking at the armada declivity 82 ti in a 166 as possible replacement. I like many things about the victa ti just wish longer but not as long as the next size up. Will try to demo the declivity.
For reference my daily driver is black crows camox birdie and back country ski is elan ripstick.

Sandrinjo

Certified Ski Diva
what size camox birdie are you skiing? I was looking at atris for my powder skis but not happy with the sizes (161,169).
Was not trying to replace victas this year but now really thinking about santa anas ( for my daily drivers i like something that is good on groomers and handles speed, but also good at the back of the mountain and crud).
Thank you!

WaterGirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have 2nd gen camox birdies in a 164 or 165?. They now have different sizing I would get the 168 in the new camox.

I have demoed 169 in the Atris when they first came out. Super fun for the powder day we had not sure I would want it as daily driver. They have also changed this ski over the last few years so would like to try again.

I would actually pick the k2 mindbender over the santa anna but again the length issue of the 160? Being a bit short.

I think if you are that 5' 4" 125-30 size its a goldilocks issue with some brands between the sizes esp if you are an agressive skier.

I bought the victas undemod with the understanding that if they didn't work for me they probably would for my DD who is a size smaller than I am.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Did you happen to demo Santa Ana 93? I own victas 87 in 163cm and i am 5’4”. Like you i wish they were a bit longer.
i was just offered a great deal on santa anas 93 that is hard to pass and am wondering how different are they then the victas?

Not sure if you are aware, but the Santa Ana 93 will come in a 165 this year. I’m excited because I’m pretty much your same height and weight.

Sandrinjo

Certified Ski Diva
Not sure if you are aware, but the Santa Ana 93 will come in a 165 this year. I’m excited because I’m pretty much your same height and weight.
I was not. I was not looking to replace victas this year , probably next one as this year i was looking for something around 105 waist and went to a ski shop to check what they have and as i was always interested in santa anas the guy offered the demo ones in like new condition for half off as they have many demos unsold and are getting new skis next week. I think i would be ok with 161 as they have more metal than victas. But i never ever skied anything shorter then 163 - on the other hand i skied skies with a lot of rocker in 163 that did ski short

Sandrinjo

Certified Ski Diva
I have 2nd gen camox birdies in a 164 or 165?. They now have different sizing I would get the 168 in the new camox.

I have demoed 169 in the Atris when they first came out. Super fun for the powder day we had not sure I would want it as daily driver. They have also changed this ski over the last few years so would like to try again.

I would actually pick the k2 mindbender over the santa anna but again the length issue of the 160? Being a bit short.

I think if you are that 5' 4" 125-30 size its a goldilocks issue with some brands between the sizes esp if you are an agressive skier.

I bought the victas undemod with the understanding that if they didn't work for me they probably would for my DD who is a size smaller than I am.
Are you around my size -5’4” ish? And you like atris in 169? I was leaning more towards 161 if i decided to go that way.
They do have line pandora 104 in 165cm but some reviews are good, some testers complaining they are too soft.

I am generally ok with victas on front of the mountain even though i wish they were longer but i don’t find them that playfull and wish they were a bit better in crud.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly