• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

All-terrain rocker - what is that?

jokael

Certified Ski Diva
I'm about to break in my new K2 OneLuv (in 10 days :yahoo:), but in the specs I noticed that several shops enhanced their "all-terrain rocker" - and yet categorized them as plain camber.

When I googled the phrase, the only results I got was - surprise - articles or specs regarding the K2's

Is this something exclusivelig for K2 skis?
And what difference does it make compared to regular camber?

Jilly

Staff member
We have a thread in the gearpedia section on rocker. All terrain rocker is not mentioned specifically, but I call it early rise. @volklgirl your take?

mustski

Angel Diva
From what I could find out, in this case "all terrain" is referring to a twin tip. This means that it has rocker in tip and tail and traditional camber in the center. My guess is that it makes it a more versatile frontside ski because it will work well in the park as well as on the groomers. I attached what I could find.
Screen Shot 2020-01-22 at 3.40.44 PM.png

HikenSki

Angel Diva
All terrain refers to tip rocker and tail rocker. My K2 skis (Alluvit 88) have significant tip rocker and little tail rocker. They are not twin tips. My skis are labelled with the all terrain mark where the rocker begins, which is kinda neat.
Video here is older but explains the basic idea :

jokael

Certified Ski Diva
Perfect - thanks for explaining.
I was getting a bit confused before....... How a camber can be a rocker :tongue:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna