• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

2019 Summer biking goals

contesstant

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
That sounds like an incredible program! I'd love to be a bike mentor! I mean, I kind of am for various friends who are just starting to ride MTB, but to do it with an organization would be really cool.
Good for you for getting back out there, and thanks for sharing!

Rainbow Jenny

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@alison wong, what a wonderful story, thank you for sharing! I'm looking you up for a ride next time I go to the DC area! This year I was on bike share bikes in San Francisco Bay Area, New York City, Boston, Moscow, and Helsinki. One can cover so much more ground sightseeing on bike than on foot.

I suspect I didn't take up skiing until my 30's because in high school, my brother and I had a roll over car accident in snow that could have been deadly, so incredibly traumatic for years. I think I avoided going to snowy places as long as I could! Now I am still super cautious driving in winter condition and try my best time my travel with favorable weather.

Rainbow Jenny

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Congrats to you both, @just jane and @contesstant ! Ride on!:dancing:

Such inspiring stories from @just jane and @contesstant!

Last weekend I signed up for the 11/23 Death Valley Century solo, looking for an additional reason to make my first visit to this seemingly daunting national park.

My goal this summer was to ride my bike more to commute and not just for recreational purpose. A neglected 24 year old hybrid served the purpose, pretty happy with how it worked out!

alison wong

Angel Diva
@Rainbow Jenny (Ms Global Trotter) - Welcome back.
Please do look me up when you come to DC. I'd be happy to show you around on bike!
Are you spending this season in Japan? I was in Nozawa Onsen for 3 days last Dec. and loved everything about skiing in Japan.

Rainbow Jenny

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
@Rainbow Jenny (Ms Global Trotter) - Welcome back.
Please do look me up when you come to DC. I'd be happy to show you around on bike!
Are you spending this season in Japan? I was in Nozawa Onsen for 3 days last Dec. and loved everything about skiing in Japan.
It’s been too long since we skied Whistler!

I didn’t realize you made it to Honshu to ski, that’s amazing! Might skip JP this winter, have a few things on my plate. All good!

echo_VT

Angel Diva
@alison wong i love your story thank you for sharing it! We don’t have a great program like they do in DC but there are no drop rides for road cyclists here that are free to join. I am a volunteer with a women’s group webikenyc.org and we partner with DOT and Citibike and TransAlt other local grassroots groups as well - promoting and advocating for moms on bikes with their kids and also a group for people who aren’t “bro’s on bikes” which is a culture we try to stay away from and advocate bicycling for everyone - women, seniors and kids. It’s an uphill battle but of course women are going to have to do it. :smile:

I commute daily 10 miles a day (5 miles in and 5 miles out) from Brooklyn to Manhattan by bike, and I do so all year round since 2014. And I have done some bike camping trips out of NYC

I’m glad you’ve been bitten by the cycling bug! The trails once you find them are spectacular, right? I only know the ones in NJ and upstate NY however I know about trails elsewhere and I’d like to get out there. One day I’d like to do a week long bike camping trip. Hope it happens!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly