• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

What are your goals or what are you most looking forward to for the 2019/2020 ski season?

ling

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No goal, just have fun!

Wait, that’s a “goal”...? Nooooo!

A few “hopefully” wishes:

— ski more than one day each at Kirkwood & Heavenly. (I always ended up skiing only one day at either one every time I go out there, hope to break that pattern and spend more time at at least one of them.

— Japan, specifics not yet decided.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
No goal, just have fun!

Wait, that’s a “goal”...? Nooooo!

A few “hopefully” wishes:

— ski more than one day each at Kirkwood & Heavenly. (I always ended up skiing only one day at either one every time I go out there, hope to break that pattern and spend more time at at least one of them.

— Japan, specifics not yet decided.
Both Kirkwood and Heavenly are super fun and they are on the EPIC pass. Think the IKON pass is way more popular which is good for EPIC pass holders in Tahoe! I ski pretty exclusively Northstar and Heavenly as have available house to stay right in Northstar Village and a timeshare across the street from the Heavenly gondola. Really enjoy Kirkwood but it's at least an hour from Northstar where all my ski stuff stays and probably that far from Heavenly. Spoiled for sure!

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
- Ski better and with less fear!

- Use our Ikon Pass as more than just a Mammoth Pass! In particular I would like to ski in the SLC area, and at Copper and Aspen as well as Keystone (not Ikon!) in CO.

- Take a women's clinic.

- Ski more with friends.

- Ski my Renouns more and hopefully fall in love with them!

- Not get hurt, of course, which I think is a goal high on all our lists!!!

ling

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Both Kirkwood and Heavenly are super fun and they are on the EPIC pass. Think the IKON pass is way more popular which is good for EPIC pass holders in Tahoe! I ski pretty exclusively Northstar and Heavenly as have available house to stay right in Northstar Village and a timeshare across the street from the Heavenly gondola. Really enjoy Kirkwood but it's at least an hour from Northstar where all my ski stuff stays and probably that far from Heavenly. Spoiled for sure!
I have lodging near Northstar. So ski there often.

Yeah, Kirkwood is hard to get to. I don’t feel like driving there by myself. So only get there when my ski partners want to go, AND condition warrants the driving hassle.

I haven’t ski Heavenly properly either. Every time I was there, it’s either so -so condition, or I was with some beginners. Although I was shown some interesting terrain last year, I haven’t hit good condition to venture in. Hopefully the coming season.

I will have both Epic and Ikon. So will chase the best condition! (doesn’t bode well for Heavenly and Kirkwood, having to compete against Squaw/Alpine & Mammoth)

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I will have both Epic and Ikon. So will chase the best condition! (doesn’t bode well for Heavenly and Kirkwood, having to compete against Squaw/Alpine & Mammoth)
I know, right? LMK if you're at Heavenly as there's lots of good tree skiing there that is super fun. Same goes for Northstar....

HikenSki

Angel Diva
I skied more last year than I have ever before (~15 days). I didn't realize how much I had improved until I demoed and loved the Kore 93 and the Rossi 88Ti, skis I thought would be too stiff and beyond my abilities. Talk about a confidence booster!

Goals for this year:
1) Keep working on getting more forward and centered
2) Be more relaxed and not so stiff (Hoping my new 120 flex boots will help with this)
3) Ski more than last year, of course!
4) Try another womens day clinic or two. The one I did last year helped me find my center and be more flexible
5) Become more comfortable on steeper terrain. I can get down the runs but have never really enjoyed them. I'm more finesse than power. MidAtlantic icy/firm runs aren't my cup of tea.

fgor

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Oh my season in the southern hemisphere has just ended - but I have goals for the next 12 months of skiing all the same :smile:

Goals:
1) improve skiing technique, including becoming more fluid and less stiff
2) be able to consistently get down an entire run without stopping. part of this will be working on my patellar tendonitis/patellofemoral syndrome over the off-season - my knees get very tired and sore and i need to rest them frequently - and getting into a great gym routine to keep my legs strong and improve endurance! the other part is technique. sometimes i feel like i need to pause for a few seconds and reset my brain, and remember the technique im trying to do - it's not in my muscle memory yet :smile:
3) gain more confidence in powder
4) no! more! foot! pain!
5) get more confident off piste (more than 1 consecutive turn without excessive traversing :P)

Looking forward to:
1) flying 13 hours to Canada and skiing Whistler for the first time at the start of January!!
2) trying out other ski fields in the south island of new zealand next year
3) getting more time on some "new" skinny ex-demo carvers i picked up for a good price.....! :bounce:

SierraLuLu

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I skied more last year than I have ever before (~15 days).
I’m in the same boat! At the end of last season I finally got to a point where my form was good enough to do most steeps, but I’d like to work on having more control, especially when the terrain is both steep and narrow and I usually get so terrified I crash on purpose. I’d also like to work on getting better on bumps and in deep powder (if we have enough of it this year). I challenged myself a lot last year and went down some trails I never ever thought I would be able to go down, but I’d like to be able to continue to do so without killing myself in the process. Regardless, I also just want to have fun.

skiwest

Certified Ski Diva
Ski more and be strong enough to avoid more injuries! Got my new Voelkl Secrets last year at the end of the season and can't wait to try them out again. I had better control and more fun on them in just two days of trying them out than in the previous three years on my Rossignol Temptation 100s.

LPski

Diva in Training
I just got back into skiing last year after a 20+ year hiatus. The first chairlift ride had me wondering why I ever stopped!

I got an Ikon Pass for this season and bought boots last season.

This year I want to buy skis. I'm looking at the Santa Ana 88's and hope to demo them early in the season.

I live in So Cal but I'm on the road for work this year (in Chicago through Christmas and then to New Orleans for 6 months) so I'm hoping to take some trips most likely to Colorado to ski. I'm keeping my eye on Copper possibly for Thanksgiving.

Goals:
* demo skis and buy my own pair
* take advantage of the Ikon Pass and take 4 + weekend trips to ski
* take a lesson with someone who can help me translate my old school, straight ski skills to modern skis

Looking forward to:
* getting out there on the snow!
* meeting people, making new ski friends

marzNC

Angel Diva
I just got back into skiing last year after a 20+ year hiatus. The first chairlift ride had me wondering why I ever stopped!

I got an Ikon Pass for this season and bought boots last season.

This year I want to buy skis. I'm looking at the Santa Ana 88's and hope to demo them early in the season.
Welcome! If you would like any other ski suggestions, considering starting a thread. I happen to like the Santa Ana line based on demo runs last winter. But not knowing your ht/wt, that might not mean much if we aren't in the same size category.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna