• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Wachusett 2018- 19

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Now that the discussion has been started about which hills might be open for skiing by Thanksgiving, I went back to see when Wachusett opened last year- Nov. 12. If mother nature cooperates and they can match that this year it would be perfect timing-- just after the Boston Ski Show. Time to start the count down to ski season!

Any other Divas getting a season pass at Wachusett this year?
I bought the Ikon pass last week so I will be venturing farther from home this year, but will definitely be getting a pass at Wachusett too. It will most likely be just the Bronze pass for weekday skiing. Last year I had the Silver which includes early and late season weekends, but I have a couple of early season tickets from the Earth Day hill clean up that can be used on weekends too, and for Black Friday they usually have a special where you get an early season ticket when you buy a $100 gift card. I'll get a couple of gift cards, and then use those to buy my pass. For end of season I will wait and see what conditions are like. They always have good end of season deals after March break if I wanted to ski any weekends then.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I am considering starting my Wachusett GPS group back up again, I let it lapse last year. Basically, if you buy your pass through a GPS group (stands for Greatest Possible Savings) it will save you $20. So right now a Bronze pass is $289 regularly, but with GPS it is $269. After Nov. 14 the price with GPS goes up to $369. But to get the savings I need a group of 4 or more. Any Wachusett skiers that haven't purchased their pass yet?

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was just checking out the "perks for pass holders" page on the Wachusett site. I'm a little bummed that Sunapee is no longer a parter, it was nice getting lift tickets for half off there. But I see that they have added Jiminy Peak instead. For anyone who gets a season pass there, don't forget to check out the perks. There are quite a few hills with reciprocal agreements, and also early season demos for only $10 a day.

Who else is getting a season pass this year?

Divegirl

Angel Diva
I've got my bronze pass. I usually get mine when they offer the "buy next year's pass at this year's price" or whatever deal they off right the end of the season.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Wachusett demo skis sale at 40-45% off in late March. As I remember, it was $35 to demo two pairs of skis the second week of March, or $45 for unlimited swapping on the same day. Rode the lift with several people who were demo'ing.

Screen Shot 2019-03-27 at 3.01.42 PM.png

jmfd84

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Is Wachusett doing the Earth Day cleanup this year? I don't see anything on the event calendar. Was hoping to earn an early season ticket for next season!

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Most likely, just a little later this year after more of the snowpack melts.

Another good way to get a free early season is to buy a Cow card before Xmas

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Is Wachusett doing the Earth Day cleanup this year
They have the hill clean up day on the calendar now- May 19. For anyone who is interested, you get a free lunch and an early season lift ticket for spending a couple of hours hiking the mountain (or wandering the parking lot) and picking up trash. You need to be there before 10 to get the lift ticket.

MissySki

Angel Diva
They have the hill clean up day on the calendar now- May 19. For anyone who is interested, you get a free lunch and an early season lift ticket for spending a couple of hours hiking the mountain (or wandering the parking lot) and picking up trash. You need to be there before 10 to get the lift ticket.

How is the lift ticket provided, is there a name attached or just a voucher? Curious if I could get two tickets if fiancé came with for the cleanup. He doesn’t ski, so I wouldn’t mind an extra ticket for me!

marzNC

Angel Diva
With the recent announcements of the addition of Peak Resorts to the Epic pass (pending sale approval in Sept) and A-Basin in CO to Ikon, I gather some northeast Divas would love to get Wachusett and the ORDA mountains on Ikon since they were on the MAX pass for a season just before Ikon came on the scene for 2018-19. Anyone in Boston up for a letter writing campaign?

Was the MAX Pass popular for Wachusett regulars?

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I'm not sure about for Wachusett regulars, but the last year of the Max pass there were a few times I found a Max pass on the slopes and handed it in to customer service-- every time they were Okemo ones. So it did bring people in from other hills.

I did't get the Max add on. I was always tempted, but knew I didn't have the time then to get my moneys worth out of it And of course the year I was ready to do it, it was discontinued. It would be great to have Wawa on the IKON, since I already have one for this year. Even if it were only for a limited number of days, I could use those to supplement my weekday pass and ski the occasional weekend, especially early and late season when weekends can be quieter.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I wrote in about Wachusett last season and then followed up last week as well. Hopefully others are too! I’d love to do the midweek night adult lesson series they have, but I’d only consider it if I didn’t need to purchase yet another pass since I already have 2!

marzNC

Angel Diva
I wrote in about Wachusett last season and then followed up last week as well. Hopefully others are too! I’d love to do the midweek night adult lesson series they have, but I’d only consider it if I didn’t need to purchase yet another pass since I already have 2!
Did you get a response last season? Did you ever write to Wachusett?

I know that Sun Valley asked to join the MCP.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Did you get a response last season? Did you ever write to Wachusett?

I know that Sun Valley asked to join the MCP.

Yes, they were quick to respond both times. Last season they said they’d push my suggestion to the rest of the team as they love suggestions and feedback. The most recent one they said it wasn’t part of the lineup yet, but that they are always looking to expand so stay tuned. It was from two separate people, but I’d attached last year’s exchange. This year’s response seemed a little less freeform, so might just be what they say to everyone with a suggestion now..

I haven’t tried writing Wachusett, but definitely willing to! Who/which department would you suggest reaching out to there?

marzNC

Angel Diva
I haven’t tried writing Wachusett, but definitely willing to! Who/which department would you suggest reaching out to there?
Wachusett is a small enough organization that it may not make much difference. Can always say something along the lines of "not sure this is the best address/person, please forward." The contact list on the website has names for Customer Service and Marketing, but not too many email links.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Well, I was messaging on Facebook with Wachusett today because the sunset mountain top yoga event disappeared for next Tuesday. So disappointed! They will try and reschedule, we’ll see.

While I had the audience I decided to ask about whether there was any chance of joining Ikon, and they said that they have not been approached by any pass collectives. So yeah, that’s where that stands..

Lastly, they let me know that they’ve added mountains that Wachusett pass holders get discounts at. I’m not sure what is new or not since I haven’t ever had a Wachusett season pass, but worth checking out for those that do. At Sunday River it looks like you get 50% off on weekdays and $15 off on weekends, might benefit anyone who is thinking about diva east at Sunday River this season.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly