• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Smith I/OS with Chromapop Review

marzNC

Angel Diva
@marzNC Wait a minute! I missed that part of your post.....
Oops, sorry. Guess I let the cat out of the bag. @volklgirl isn't happy either.

The comparison I haven't made yet is between Chromapop Storm and Blue Sensor. But looks like there are actually two versions of the Storm, Storm Rose Flash or Storm Yellow Flash. EVO seems to have a few I/OS on sale for Memorial Day with a Chromapop Sun Red or Everyday Green plus Storm Rose as the bonus.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
The comparison I haven't made yet is between Chromapop Storm and Blue Sensor. But looks like there are actually two versions of the Storm, Storm Rose Flash or Storm Yellow Flash.
Right and I've read about both of them. Still unclear which is best for flat light, above tree line conditions...... checked EVO and no smith lenses available...

marzNC

Angel Diva
Right and I've read about both of them. Still unclear which is best for flat light, above tree line conditions...... checked EVO and no smith lenses available...
You looking for just a lens? What I found was a I/OS frame with two lenses for $100. I haven't bought a lens without a frame for a long time.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Yes just a lens. You got one? Last lens I bought was the green iridium lens... think it was $95 but is great for bright sunny days. I have three different lenses for my Smith IO/S.... thanks to you I now know how to change. Not as fast as you though.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Yes just a lens. You got one? Last lens I bought was the green iridium lens... think it was $95 but is great for bright sunny days. I have three different lenses for my Smith IO/S.... thanks to you I now know how to change. Not as fast as you though.
Nope, not buying from EVO now because I already did an end-of-season I/OS purchase. Also about $100 for a frame with two Chromapop lenses. I'm set for another season or two. I didn't get a Storm because I wanted the Platinum Sun more. That worked really well in full sun at Mammoth, Squaw, and Bachelor.

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I know I should try them with my helmet first for fit, but based on all of the love for the blue sensor mirror, I couldn't resist a summer ski gear purchase.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
I know I should try them with my helmet first for fit, but based on all of the love for the blue sensor mirror, I couldn't resist a summer ski gear purchase.
Blue sensor? Where did you find them?

diymom

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Don't worry, not trying to tease you guys. As long as there is only one kind of blue sensor mirror and I didn't get the wrong thing, ASOgear has a few different io/s goggle + blue sensor options right now, and I did see one or two blue sensor lense only options on eBay this morning.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Received the Smith IO/S blue sensor mirror lens today in the mail. That was fast! Thanks again @diymom for posting!

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I skied yesterday with the Chromapop Storm Yellow Flash for the first time. The light was just a bit brighter than total flat light. The lenses are marginally ok, but not great.

I still want Blue Sensor lenses. Smith, are you listening?

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I checked the website. Nothing but Chromapop for the iOS goggle. I emailed Smith customer service but no response yet.

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
By the way, really glad I found the blue sensor lens on eBay this summer, but I do have to say (and I think @2ski2moro skis Europe) , I just returned from a Swiss Alps trip and on those days it was snowing (several), I know of no lens that would work in ZERO vis...... this was St Moritz, Davos, and Klosters! Tons of snow...

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yes. I ski Austria, mostly Zillertal. I have gotten such bad vertigo there in whiteout conditions above the tree line. One day, we skied a different area. The next day, which was bluebird, I was surprised to see a mid mountain cafe that was totally hidden the day before.

Roseskier

Diva in Training
I have the Smith I/OS goggles too. I was so frustrated with fogging at first that I did some research and learned that these goggle lenses have some fancy shmancy inner layer that cannot get wet, or they cause horrendous fogging. So, I keep my goggles on from start to finish and never pull them up and let them rest on my helmet during storm days.

ALSO VERY IMPORTANT: You must take these goggles out of the case and let them dry completely after your session for that aforementioned fancy shmancy inner layer to "re-set" to avoid continued fogging. It's a hassle at first, but once I got the hang of it, I fell in love with these goggles.

2ski2moro

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No fogging for me. Just sub-standard visibility in flat light.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
You might have to buy altogether new frames, but I have definitely seen some blue sensor lenses (in frames) out there. I got a pair last year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly