• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Jenny injures her ankle at Mammoth

newboots

Angel Diva
It's just noisy, and you have to lie still. Other than that, there's nothing to it!

I had one of my breast years ago. Maybe it's gotten quieter? That would be nice. They had me bring music and headphones. At times I couldn't hear the music!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
It's just noisy, and you have to lie still. Other than that, there's nothing to it!
Agree. Plus you're wearing headphones and they talk to you periodically. Also if yours is for your ankle, your head will be sticking out so not so claustrophobic.

Jenny

Angel Diva
Head out, good. Head in, probably ok, as long as my imagination doesn't run wild. If I feel like I can't get air, then bad.

We went up to the top of the arch in St. Louis once. Small capsule, too many people capacity. I had my face plastered to the only air vent and it was still a bit too close for me.

DeeSki

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Best of luck with the MRI @Jenny. Should be fine on your leg. Only had one on my head which was a bit claustrophobic but had CT scan of my knee, which I think is similar and it was fine. Big challenge is how you suddenly start to itch as soon as you’re told you have to lie still!

Jenny

Angel Diva
I saw an x-ray image on Google last night that looks to my I'm-not-a-doctor-and-I-didn't-play-one-on-TV eyes exactly like mine. Then I read about what they do to fix it. I don't want that, so now I'm in denial about the whole thing, and I quit Googling stuff, too.

Might as well wait to have the MRI and get results, and THEN freak out. Don't want to waste it if it turns out not to be needed.

MissySki

Angel Diva
I saw an x-ray image on Google last night that looks to my I'm-not-a-doctor-and-I-didn't-play-one-on-TV eyes exactly like mine. Then I read about what they do to fix it. I don't want that, so now I'm in denial about the whole thing, and I quit Googling stuff, too.

Might as well wait to have the MRI and get results, and THEN freak out. Don't want to waste it if it turns out not to be needed.

It's so hard not to play doctor with so much available on the internet to obsess over, but definitely try to refrain!! I know it's way easier said that done.. I can't even list the number of things I've diagnosed myself with when I've had an ailment and was waiting for an appointment, none of which were ever correct. :wink:

newboots

Angel Diva
I can’t think why they would want your head in there. You’ll be okay!

Jenny

Angel Diva
Thanks - it was interesting. I almost asked her to slide me all the way in, just so I could see what it would be like, but I didn't.

Now to wait a couple days for the results.

Jenny

Angel Diva
They said two days for results. Today is the second day. No results yet, but it hasn't quite been 48 hours.

Of course, I don't have my doctor's appointment until Thursday, but that gives me plenty of time to get worked up between now and then!

Jenny

Angel Diva
Crap, crap, triple crap.

I don't know a lot of the words but I do understand subluxing, dislocated, torn, and non displaced fracture.

On the plus side, part of my foot are unremarkable, and portions of it are intact, and normal.

I'll try to keep the whining to a minimum, but DH is going to need a break now and then, too.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna