• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Seasonal Programs in the Northeast

4sherms

Certified Ski Diva
I would definitely do BW over Waterville. The mountains ski very similar (in terms of level of difficulty), but BW has better snowmaking and grooming, more terrain, and fewer wind holds.

BW gets great reviews for snowmaking and grooming. I noticed they are open this Monday for closing day and am a little tempted to check it out. I know that I won't be seeing it at its best, though.

4sherms

Certified Ski Diva
If it was me, I'd look at Sunday river and Loon's seasonal programs. Followed by Waterville and Ragged Mountain. BW I think your kids might be beyond and I agree Killington is a zoo. Pico could be very high on the list...and Okemo.

We loved both Pico and Okemo--actually Sunday River, too! We missed the flash sale on the SR gold pass, so I just put that out of my mind. Loon is probably the most crowded place I've ever been, so I honestly didn't even consider that one. I had the luxury of skiing there on a weekday and it was fabulous but the weekends I've been there have been tough. Pico seemed similar in # of trails, and there were no lift lines when I was there on a holiday weekend, so I'd probably go that route before Loon. If we get the Killington pass, I think I can use it at Pico which could be great for crowds.

newboots

Angel Diva
The Killington pass is good at Pico; generally not the other way around.

4sherms

Certified Ski Diva
Okemo and Sunapee have a pass, and from their websites, some possible kids program options. Anyone here have experience with either place? Sunapee's look really good, but I can't ski there every weekend all season...not enough lifts...hmmm.

SuperSkiMom

Certified Ski Diva
I don’t know any of the mountains affiliated with this network of resorts except Bolton Valley, but what about one of the Freedom Pass resorts? You get a little bit of both worlds... a home hill and 3 tickets to ski areas in and outside of New England. It’s no MAX Pass, but it’s still a pretty decent deal.
I agree with @ilovepugs . We did a couple of week long 1/2 day programs at Bolton Valley, when our son was about 9. He really enjoyed it, and improved a lot. Depending on the age of your kids, I would highly recommend it.

MissySki

Angel Diva
Sunday River has great seasonal programs for kids and adults. I've done a winter of the women's seasonal as well as racing and the co-ed adult groups. I don't have kids, but have heard a lot of great things about those programs as well. There is such a great variety of terrain both on and off piste, it's my favorite place in New England to ski. :smile:

4sherms

Certified Ski Diva
Sunday River has great seasonal programs for kids and adults. I've done a winter of the women's seasonal as well as racing and the co-ed adult groups. I don't have kids, but have heard a lot of great things about those programs as well. There is such a great variety of terrain both on and off piste, it's my favorite place in New England to ski. :smile:
We loved our trips to SR! I missed the flash sale though--so we are considering buying the Gold pass next March now, to use from then on and for the '19-'20.

MissySki

Angel Diva
We loved our trips to SR! I missed the flash sale though--so we are considering buying the Gold pass next March now, to use from then on and for the '19-'20.

Excellent, planning ahead, it's such a great place!! I on the other hand cannot get out of my own way and figure out what pass I want next season and have therefore raised my price just about everywhere by missing the April deadlines before price increases. Sigh..

4sherms

Certified Ski Diva
Excellent, planning ahead, it's such a great place!! I on the other hand cannot get out of my own way and figure out what pass I want next season and have therefore raised my price just about everywhere by missing the April deadlines before price increases. Sigh..
It is so hard to decide this early! We ended up going with the Sunapee/Okemo pass--which gives us the possibility of a trip to Crested Butte next Feb vaca. Gives me time to find a seasonal rental near Okemo and if I can't, then I can book random lodging, and Sunapee is a day trip option...nothing felt ideal to me after MaxPass. Good luck figuring out your plan!

marzNC

Angel Diva
It is so hard to decide this early! We ended up going with the Sunapee/Okemo pass--which gives us the possibility of a trip to Crested Butte next Feb vaca. Gives me time to find a seasonal rental near Okemo and if I can't, then I can book random lodging, and Sunapee is a day trip option...nothing felt ideal to me after MaxPass. Good luck figuring out your plan!
Any update? I realized that you were impacted by the sale of Triple Peaks to Vail Resorts.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna