• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

Roll: Who has tried, or is getting Renouns?

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Renoun suggested a tuning first, and then to return them if the tuning doesn't help. I probably have 2 more ski days to test them in CO, and I'd like to figure it out by then so I can return them (if necessary) when we return home.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
The ski shop refused to tune the skis. I think they feel that they might have to remove too much of the base to make them flat. They strongly recommended returning the skis. I just emailed Renoun, but it is the weekend so I may not hear back right away.

Here's an example from my past life. My first good skis were orange Olin Mark 4's. They had a groove down the middle. The first time I brought them in to be tuned, the shop removed so much of the base that they erased the groove. These skis had a short life time, because there was very little p-tex left when I needed a base repair. I would not like that to happen to the Renouns.

Stay tuned.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Dunno. I emailed Renoun over the weekend but have not yet heard back from them. I may try to call them tomorrow, or else wait until I'm back in CA on Wednesday.

Finally time to leave Colorado.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Update: Spoke with Renoun yesterday evening and they again went above and beyond my notion of fairness. They agreed that the skis look pretty wavy. They will send me a new pair of custom tuned skis. I can then take both pairs to a ski shop and swap out the bindings, then return the old pair.

They will "of course" pay for the remount and the return shipment. I love this company and I look forward to next season on my new Renouns.

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member
Update: Spoke with Renoun yesterday evening and they again went above and beyond my notion of fairness. They agreed that the skis look pretty wavy. They will send me a new pair of custom tuned skis. I can then take both pairs to a ski shop and swap out the bindings, then return the old pair.

They will "of course" pay for the remount and the return shipment. I love this company and I look forward to next season on my new Renouns.

Renoun has THE BEST customer service.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
Skis were shipped a couple of days ago and are expected to arrive on Monday.

My only concern is that Renoun wrote that they had gotten "a race-prep tune" and I'm feeling a bit intimidated by that.

skibum4ever

Angel Diva

skibum4ever

Angel Diva
And here's a picture of me with my Renouns in early May. Thanks to @VickiK for the share.

Every time I see them leaning against the wall I smile a little at the thought of really skiing them next season.

IMG_5726.JPG

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna