• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm such a Jacket Slut!

Telluride Ski Babe

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
SnowHot,

There should be an addiction group for people like us...

I hate to admit this, but I have a WHOLE CLOSET devoted to jackets. And, I'm not kidding.

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Okay, enough already with all this talk. Isn't it time we started up a new type of quiver photo thread? :eyebrows::wink: SnowHot, you started this - you go first. The rest shall follow!

oragejuice

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Okay, enough already with all this talk. Isn't it time we started up a new type of quiver photo thread? :eyebrows::wink: SnowHot, you started this - you go first. The rest shall follow!

I was about to do that the other day... Wonderful idea.

I'll post mine later!!! :becky::eyebrows:

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Most of my stuff is in storage for the summer, sorry, no pics for now.

I just saw this vest on SAC.
89.00. Dang, I would buy it if I hadn't already orderd the down vest from patagonia.
hmmmm. sure is purdy!
GSCHL.jpg

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I was talking to my dad last night about the new winter Patagucci line, and mentioned that I wanted a couple jackets,gives?:yardsale:

The new Patagucci line really is something to talk about. I think it's an impressive leap over the past several years. Which jackets are you looking at?

oragejuice

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No kidding. I'm impressed.

I've been looking at the Rubicon Rider, the Slopestyle Hoodie 2.0, Powder Bowl, and either the Powder Bowl or Sidewall pants. I wish wish wish I had $600 to drop on the new Primo Down Jacket too. WOW.

Dad's looking at the men's Powder Bowl jacket and pants. And he mentioned getting me a jacket for Christmas. =)

BackCountryGirl

Angel Diva
I have an entire closet of ski jackets, too. Uniform jackets, down jackets, soft shells, hard shells, and vests. Not to mention rain shells and a new Patagoina down sweater that is on the way. The jackets share a closet with the black ski pants -- I'm up to 8 -- cloudveil, patagonia, mountain hardware, spyder, obermeyer, marker. I am a fickle, fickle girl.

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
No kidding. I'm impressed.

I've been looking at the Rubicon Rider, the Slopestyle Hoodie 2.0, Powder Bowl, and either the Powder Bowl or Sidewall pants. I wish wish wish I had $600 to drop on the new Primo Down Jacket too. WOW.

Dad's looking at the men's Powder Bowl jacket and pants. And he mentioned getting me a jacket for Christmas. =)

DD has the Rubi and DH has the PB. It's hard to really review a jacket from a kids perspective but DH likes his alot. The Primo down is lush, but the PB is otherwise the same jacket. DD has the kid version of the sidewall, they're pretty cool. I am still lusting over the wintersun in Poppy. mmmm. Seriously though I have absolutely no use for another insulated jacket.
If you wear a medium check out the Gearsamples.com site skidiva posted. The samples are much cheaper

Gloria

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Yeah, there's something about jackets.....and SAC makes it wayyyy too easy....
Anyone seen some of the newer soft shells with integrated hoods? (Most didn't previously have hoods -- I think) REALLY like those, REALLY keeping my eyes open for one of those (like I need it....not....want it? YES)

3 words

MAMMUT ULTIMATE HOODY :drool:

oragejuice

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If you wear a medium check out the Gearsamples.com site skidiva posted. The samples are much cheaper

I'll have to check it out, but not for the Patagucci. I get prodeals. =)

cyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Am I the only diva with just two jackets? I guess I'm more into buying equipment than clothes.

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Am I the only diva with just two jackets? I guess I'm more into buying equipment than clothes.
I only have 2 ski jackets. But I have other jackets for other purposes. Plus I have jackets from when I weighed 50 lbs more, 35 lbs more, 20 lbs more, etc. Most of the biggest jackets have moved on, but I saved one for rain, and my down jacket for tooling around town in cold weather that I bought last winter (20 lbs larger) I will not part with!

ski diva

Administrator
Staff member

Uh, no. I only have one ski jacket -- though I'd love to have more. Hey, this way I'm easy to spot on the mountain!

Like Severine, however, I have jackets for other purposes.

LilaBear

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I only had one jacket until I joined the Divas.............

I'd been wearing the same jacket for 6 years, it did everything I needed and hadn't gone out of fashion. But when it rained on the last day of the season in Okemo I was wet to the skin. It seemed time to get a new one especially in the end of season bargain sales. Then the Divas introduced me to two things - SAC, and the concept that it's OK to own more than one, in fact it's socially acceptable to have a whole closet full of ski related items. Oh, and I moved to Colorado - so I'm going to need a whole new wardrobe for on and off the hill, right? And spares for when my family and friends come to visit (hmm, I'm the smallest in my family so it's only my 10 year old nephew who can borrow from me).

Yes, the logic is flawed, it always it when it comes to retail. I find it very hard to resist the phrase "50% reduced". That pushes all my buttons, and I can only argue myself out of it if the colors/size are not good for me.

volklgirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow. As a group, we have issues! :laugh:

I'm a gear slut of every kind...jackets, pants, goggles, helmets, gloves, skis, poles, snowboards, bikes (on and on and on!). Oddly enough, not ski socks or ski boots, though.

Ya just gotta have "the perfect thing" for every condition to be a well-equiped Diva!!!! :thumbsup:

Kiragirl

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I have 2 (ski) jackets, one very OLD and one new. I'm still keeping the old one though. I need pants. I tried on 3 pair at a sale last week, outside...it was SO muggy that they were sticking to me, yuk. I liked them but the dudes wouldn't go down in price......yet. haha.

SueNJ

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Wow. As a group, we have issues! :laugh:

I'm a gear slut of every kind...jackets, pants, goggles, helmets, gloves, skis, poles, snowboards, bikes (on and on and on!). Oddly enough, not ski socks or ski boots, though.

OMG, come to think of it, so am I. I have about 5 pairs of black ski pants. I own 3 jackets, one that I bought when I was a lot heavier (so I don't wear it any more) and 2 others, both of which are now a little big since I've lost about 25 pounds since last ski season. I can still get away with wearing them, but I'm looking around for another. I have 5 pairs of skis. I have 2 bikes. I have no idea how many pairs of ski socks I have, but it's a lot. So I guess I'm not really aspiring... I'm already there, just need to expand a bit. :eyebrows:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LaurieAnna