• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm such a Jacket Slut!

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I bought this on SAC just a few minutes ago.
Do I need it? No
Am I excited about it? Well, yeah!!!
TRIBAS.jpg

Please tell me I'm not alone. :redface:

Robyn

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
If I had the cash I probably would have purchased 3 jackets this summer on that site. You're not alone!

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I contemplated it, so don't feel bad. ;) But I just bought a Marmot softshell (from SAC) a few weeks ago so I couldn't justify another one. I'll live vicariously through you instead! :D

SnowHot

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I contemplated it, so don't feel bad. ;) But I just bought a Marmot softshell (from SAC) a few weeks ago so I couldn't justify another one. I'll live vicariously through you instead! :D
I thought about that Marmot, and let it go!!!

You've lost a bit of weight, so you can justify new clothing gear purchases!

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I thought about that Marmot, and let it go!!!

You've lost a bit of weight, so you can justify new clothing gear purchases!
Well, right now the grand total is back up to only 12 lbs lost. It was 20. :eek: But there are still a couple months ahead of me. I had the Marmot ATV softshell last winter and loved it, so I bought this Marmot McCloud in 1 size smaller. Plus the color looks great with the Joyriders. Guess I have to keep them. :laugh: :wink: Actually, I wanted a nice fitting softshell for MTBing, too, now that it's starting to get colder.

I really only *need* base layer bottoms at this point, and I'm trying to keep my spending to only that. Even though it's so tempting to scoop up all these other wonderful deals. :D

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Snowhot, I'm right there with you! Right now I have two softshells from SAC bought last week, same color, different brands that I try on at least twice a day trying to decide which one, if any goes back.

It would be easier if one actually didn't fit. Oh well, what's a jacket slut to do???:noidea:

num

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I lost my jacket at the airport in Utah last year (when I arrived there, not when departing :() and missing it has led to me buying two from SAC this summer. One didn't fit, so I need to send it back, and I'm looking forward to trying the other one outside. Still, if I find my old one anywhere I'll snatch it up in a heartbeat. It was a cheap softshell without much in the way of technical features, but it fit me like a glove, was windproof but not warm, could take layers underneath, and could go seamlessly from work to nightskiing. What more could a girl ask for?

LilaBear

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I don't even know how much ski gear I've got right now. I got the SAC habit late last season, kept buying things and putting them into a storage box for when the season starts. Then I moved house and got my old boxes out of storage, to add to the box of ski gear in current use and the storage box of new gear. These 4 boxes are all stacked in the garage, awaiting consolidation with the gear that has carried on coming and is filling up a shelf in my closet.

I need to take inventory soon, I'm sure I have duplicates. I believe I have a great Arc'teryx softshell, and two new ski jackets, plus about 4 pairs of skipants, 3 sets of base layers and two pairs of gloves all waiting to be broken out of the wrappers. And I wasn't exactly short of gear when all this started (I only needed a new ski jacket - that's all). Please let me get on the snow soon and get enjoyment out of wearing them, that might stop me purchasing more in eager anticipation.

SnowHot - that is a nice jacket. It reminds me of one I've seen recently, wonder if it was in my closet. The good thing is that all this clothing is cross-over with all our other activities (my justification).

Severine

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
SnowHot - that is a nice jacket. It reminds me of one I've seen recently, wonder if it was in my closet.
:laugh: Sorry, but that's POTD there. :D We love ya!

SkiNurse

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Buy some pants to go with the jackets? :wink:

Good point. I only own 4 pairs of ski pants..well, actually i own more, but I only use 4 of them.

itri

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
How did I know who started this thread without even looking? :wink:

I've looked at a few jackets this summer, but much as I want them I really can't afford it right now, so alas, I've had to let them pass me by...

jaydog

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I bought a grand total of 4 jackets last winter, (does the X-C jacket count?) so I'm going to TRY not to buy any this winter. I might cave if I find an Arcteryx fleece on clearance.

Actually, it might have been 5 jackets. I can't remember if I bought my MH softshell last fall or the fall before. Is that bad?

oragejuice

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
There is absolutely no thing as too many jackets! (Well... almost.) But I sincerely doubt that any of you have too many. =)

I was talking to my dad last night about the new winter Patagucci line, and mentioned that I wanted a couple jackets, and he goes "You really do have way too many jackets". But... This is coming from the guy who got me started and has double as many. What gives?:yardsale:

LilaBear

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
"You really do have way too many jackets". But... This is coming from the guy who got me started and has double as many. What gives?:yardsale:

It only seems too many on someone else. You know, you see them in something different each time..... When it's you, well you are wearing the ideal item carefully selected that morning for the prevailing weather conditions with the sole aim of being comfortable, cosy and equipped to perform at your best.

oragejuice

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
It only seems too many on someone else.

It's probably because I am his daughter, and a college student. Oh well.

You know, you see them in something different each time..... When it's you, well you are wearing the ideal item carefully selected that morning for the prevailing weather conditions with the sole aim of being comfortable, cosy and equipped to perform at your best.

EXACTLY! :becky: There is usually only one jacket for the job, at all of mine are slightly different! Whether it be color-coordinating :rolleyes:, staying extremely warm, or just being comfortable doing a certain activity! It all matters!! :laugh:

MaineSkiLady

Angel Diva
Yeah, there's something about jackets.....and SAC makes it wayyyy too easy....
Anyone seen some of the newer soft shells with integrated hoods? (Most didn't previously have hoods -- I think) REALLY like those, REALLY keeping my eyes open for one of those (like I need it....not....want it? YES)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly