• Women skiers, this is the place for you -- an online community without the male-orientation you'll find in conventional ski magazines and internet ski forums. At TheSkiDiva.com, you can connect with other women to talk about skiing in a way that you can relate to, about things that you find of interest. Be sure to join our community to participate (women only, please!). Registration is fast and simple. Just be sure to add [email protected] to your address book so your registration activation emails won't be routed as spam. And please give careful consideration to your user name -- it will not be changed once your registration is confirmed.

I'm a Pants Slut!

santacruz skier

Angel Diva
Ha! I have 13 pairs, mostly Frauenschuh and Authier. Two are Jet Set. They are beautifully made, warm, and not made in you know where.
I am it, the ski pants slut! Hahaha.
Then again, I skied 145 days last season, so I do wear them a lot.
My jet set pants with silver stars down the side sadly disintegrated after several years…. I’m wearing them in my avatar..

scandium

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
After a seam gave way in my favorite floral print pants mid-Diva West, I had no choice but to add another option to my lineup—and I'm very happy with this Helly Hansen bib that happened to be in stock at Northstar.

View attachment 18219
Those are awesome! I saw the one-piece version while I was browsing evo for unrelated reasons (looking at midlayers that I can't find in store) and thought to myself that the print looked nice. I need to get on the bib train at some stage!

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
I just sent back a stunning beautiful pair of deeply discounted gray wool Erin Snow ski pants because they were sadly too long. I have a huge pants obsession.

Attachments

• 05C94BBA-8307-4C73-8897-89129BCBD508.jpeg
    05C94BBA-8307-4C73-8897-89129BCBD508.jpeg
    377.5 KB · Views: 11

bsskier

Ski Diva Extraordinaire
Why not get them hemmed professionally?
It would’ve been too costly. These pants have almost leather like piping and extraordinary hardware for the zipper running high up on each leg. I’m sure I’ll come across another pair in the future that won’t need so much work. Most of my wild ski clothing finds are completely accidental.

Soujan

Angel Diva
I just sent back a stunning beautiful pair of deeply discounted gray wool Erin Snow ski pants because they were sadly too long. I have a huge pants obsession.
Those were wool on the exterior?

Soujan

Angel Diva
Wow. I understand about the alterations. I sent out a pair of Black Diamond ski pants to have them shortened by someone that specializes in altering technical clothing. It cost me about $100 and I don't even wear them. It came out looking weird because she basically removed material from just below the knee, so she doesn't mess with any of the zippers or gaiters. Cutting it there, it lost the tapering so it basically looks like the Jnco version of ski pants.

marzNC

Angel Diva
Have thoroughly enjoyed my Nobody's Princess insulated pants this season. Too warm at Taos when temps were in the 20s, but I brought along shell pants too. Great when it was in single digits at Wolf Creek in December. I bought a couple pairs from the Kickstarter in 2021 and they were worth the wait for delivery. My daughter likes hers too.

Here's how the back of the pant legs look with tucked up with the snap strap
Pant's tucked up - 1.jpeg

mitsiktity

Certified Ski Diva
It would’ve been too costly. These pants have almost leather like piping and extraordinary hardware for the zipper running high up on each leg. I’m sure I’ll come across another pair in the future that won’t need so much work. Most of my wild ski clothing finds are completely accidental.
My brand Nobody's Princess has a Short length with a 27" inseam if that's of help. :smile:

mitsiktity

Certified Ski Diva
Very glad you added a true Short length! And two more colors. :becky:

What is the difference between the new Mila design and the original Zila?
The waist sizes are the same across both styles - the hips/bum/thigh is what differs.

So if you're more of a lean/rectangle shape with similar proportions across your waist and hips, or an apple shape that carries a bit more weight in your tummy with a narrower thigh - then the Mila is the new style to suit that body shape.

I found that while the Zali was a great fitting pant, some women were still having excess material in the thigh/hip/crotch - so, decided to fix that!

Usually women with those body shape have to size up so the waist band fits their stomachs but are usually left with baggy legs - which is annoying!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MermaidKelly